Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1288912 times)
Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3015 on: July 05, 2016, 06:15:14 AM »

That's it. I'm sick of winter. I'm sick of the cold wind blowing in the front door at my work and having to stand there and deal with it. Also sick of my manager saying 'its not as cold today!" That's because you haven't been standing here in the open doorway the last four hours, you've been able to retreat to the heated office! Angry

I hate the cold. Bring back summer. I'd rather deal with a 40C day than this 15C nonsense anytime.

Dunno how you snowy country ppl do it. Yes I know, it's because you are used to it. But stuff that!

*sits in a huddled lump sipping hot chocolate and feeling miserable*

When you live where I live, you wonder if the winter ever came. It's been summer whether for 2 months now, and on a 5 year drought! Watering schedules, fines for overuse of water. Few houses have AC. Can't have the Windows open tonight cuz the fireworks and dog barking are relentless. The kids being scared cuz the street over is firing off rockets. If I didn't fear getting shot and killed for speaking up for the 95% who are fed up in the neighborhood, I would. Fudge the heat, fudge the inconsiderate, and fudge those who keep knocking down my lightside points. Get a life!!

No points, just fist bumps baby!

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #3016 on: July 05, 2016, 06:44:30 AM »

Ugh, I've had greeting duty in a store with a northward facing entrance so the wind made sure to give us a cold blast every time the door opened in the winter.  (Guess that problem would be with a south-facing entrance, for you...?)

Amen!  I completely understand.

Today it was in the lower 90's outside (somewhere between 32-35, for you), and I was generally okay outside until a thunderstorm got close enough that I had to go inside.  Of course once I got in, the cold from the AC was awful.  Fortunately I'd brought a sweater just in case. O_O  Yeah, 90-degree temps outside and I have to come equipped with a sweater for the INDOOR climate.  That's MY vent.  There is NO reason to make it like a meat locker inside, even when it's 100 outside.  That does not mean we need a 40-degree temperature differential between indoors and out.

Actually right now we have an easterly blowing- which makes no sense since it is bitingly cold. For us, that means the wind is coming in over the land so it should be warmer. Damn the weather coming up from the south. South westerly's are our cold winds usually. In summer they come in from the north east instead and are hot.

My shop doesn't have heating, so there's no escaping the cold except to rug up and keep active and move away from the entrance (which for me is harder coz I serve on front counter). In summer, the ac provides some relief... Up to a point. It is ducted and an old tin roofed building, so all it does come summer is turn it into a sauna.

Can't win *rolls eyes*. I'll be glad to get out of this joint.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

TheDarkOpossum
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -94

A Sith with a heart of gold

« Reply #3017 on: July 06, 2016, 03:29:44 PM »

UUUUUGH.

June completely sapped all of my life force, and July is shaping up to be more of the same.  The long weekend was very much needed, but as soon as I was back in the office the goat rope just picked right up where it left off.  Work is just exhausting, and I have a show in two weeks that I need to finish costuming for; but by the time I get home, I'm so drained that I haven't had enough energy to devote to getting stuff done.  That's not counting all the other responsibilities which have been sliding (family/social/domestic).

So, in summation: UUUUUUUUGH.

Cosplayer, Ecdysiast, and Variety Arts Performer
Tabletop Roleplayer for Life

Dark Apprentice v4 Staff - Violet Amethyst - Dahkali Vlakuhs (Twilight)/Clirnye'ata (Serenity)
Emerald Dark War Glaive - Dark Violet Amethyst x2 - The Doom Stick (working title)
Obsidian Consular - Consular Green/Adegan Silver FOC - Raffle Prize

Wishlist:
Catalyst, Chosen One CE, Archon v3.1, Raven

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3018 on: July 06, 2016, 03:32:19 PM »

That's it. I'm sick of winter. I'm sick of the cold wind blowing in the front door at my work and having to stand there and deal with it. Also sick of my manager saying 'its not as cold today!" That's because you haven't been standing here in the open doorway the last four hours, you've been able to retreat to the heated office! Angry

I hate the cold. Bring back summer. I'd rather deal with a 40C day than this 15C nonsense anytime.

Dunno how you snowy country ppl do it. Yes I know, it's because you are used to it. But stuff that!

*sits in a huddled lump sipping hot chocolate and feeling miserable*

Bite me, you chose the wrong hemisphere. Winter is not coming for a good long while. However, I wouldn't mind going back and getting some more spring. I feel like I was gipped.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #3019 on: July 06, 2016, 03:43:16 PM »

UUUUUGH.

June completely sapped all of my life force, and July is shaping up to be more of the same.  The long weekend was very much needed, but as soon as I was back in the office the goat rope just picked right up where it left off.  Work is just exhausting, and I have a show in two weeks that I need to finish costuming for; but by the time I get home, I'm so drained that I haven't had enough energy to devote to getting stuff done.  That's not counting all the other responsibilities which have been sliding (family/social/domestic).

So, in summation: UUUUUUUUGH.
I'm quite familiar with that TheDarkOpossum.  Far too many things to do - not even close to enough time.

Bite me, you chose the wrong hemisphere. Winter is not coming for a good long while. However, I wouldn't mind going back and getting some more spring. I feel like I was gipped.
I have to agree with Darth Logos.  15C is not cold.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #3020 on: July 06, 2016, 04:05:33 PM »

I'm quite familiar with that TheDarkOpossum.  Far too many things to do - not even close to enough time.
I have to agree with Darth Logos.  15C is not cold.

I love how everyone treats summer like one big holiday, but there is literally only ONE big holiday between the beginning of June and the end of August!  What's up with that?  There should be many more holidays, dammit.

Isn't 15C about 60F?  Surely I can't be reading that right. 

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3021 on: July 06, 2016, 04:18:21 PM »

I love how everyone treats summer like one big holiday, but there is literally only ONE big holiday between the beginning of June and the end of August!  What's up with that?  There should be many more holidays, dammit.

Isn't 15C about 60F?  Surely I can't be reading that right. 

It is exactly 59°F. Not terrible, but not great.

For future reference: temperature (T) conversion is TF = TC*1.8 + 32

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

TheDarkOpossum
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -94

A Sith with a heart of gold

« Reply #3022 on: July 06, 2016, 04:56:17 PM »

Or, there's always Google.  Cheesy

Personally, I would give a lot of things to have some 60 degree days again.  We have entered into the "hot and repugnantly humid" days of summer in the South, and I am completely over it.

Cosplayer, Ecdysiast, and Variety Arts Performer
Tabletop Roleplayer for Life

Dark Apprentice v4 Staff - Violet Amethyst - Dahkali Vlakuhs (Twilight)/Clirnye'ata (Serenity)
Emerald Dark War Glaive - Dark Violet Amethyst x2 - The Doom Stick (working title)
Obsidian Consular - Consular Green/Adegan Silver FOC - Raffle Prize

Wishlist:
Catalyst, Chosen One CE, Archon v3.1, Raven

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #3023 on: July 06, 2016, 04:58:22 PM »

To quote Finn: "I don't speak that." 

In other news, I think my neighbors are having some kind of music war because one is blasting country and the other is blasting classic rock.  One is also standing outside aggressively watering his grass while the other is aggressively pruning a tree.   They are both shirtless and in jean shorts complete with farmer's tan.  I can't even be made at the noise because they look ridiculous. 

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3024 on: July 06, 2016, 05:04:25 PM »

Or, there's always Google.  Cheesy

I didn't have Google in thermodynamics. In fact, back when Roll Eyes, Google was just a search engine. They may have had gmail, but that was about it. Oh to go back and make some well placed investments.

Sig by For Tyeth

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #3025 on: July 06, 2016, 05:08:58 PM »

Celsius, Meters, Kilograms... What are those in Freedom Units?

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #3026 on: July 06, 2016, 05:09:50 PM »

Or, there's always Google.  Cheesy

Personally, I would give a lot of things to have some 60 degree days again.  We have entered into the "hot and repugnantly humid" days of summer in the South, and I am completely over it.

Boy, I hear that.  Even if I delay my walks until 11pm, within 15 minutes, I am soaked in sweat and dragging my feet.  People are like, "Oh, but it's much cooler at night!"  Kriff off, it is not.  Sure, it may say 78 degrees, but add 200% humidity to it and you've got 95.   Tongue

The heat index here is 112 today and there is an advisory out for both the UV index and heat exhaustion.  Just like yesterday!  And the day before . . . and the day before . . . .

*insert ugly laughter here*

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3027 on: July 06, 2016, 05:18:44 PM »

S: "It should take about 20oz."
G: "What? How much in A-MER-ICAN?"
S: "If you carry the 2....."
DP: "Dude, F%#$ math. Just use all of it."

BOOM!!!!

S: "Like I said, 20oz."

(Points if ya know)

Sig by For Tyeth

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #3028 on: July 06, 2016, 05:36:16 PM »

I've seen that formula before. Smiley

Going the other way (without looking) is TC = TF/1.8 - 32
Correct?

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #3029 on: July 06, 2016, 05:37:27 PM »

Work has ruined my brain for some units, I can only think in metric for distances now.
Feet, yards, etc. mean next to nothing to me.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: