Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Author Topic: New Saber: Ultrasabers Malice  (Read 56843 times)
Master Lucien Kane
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 296

Jedi Knight of the Old Republic

« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2012, 06:29:29 AM »

I need to get rich really quick so I can start dropping mad cash on some sabers.

Solinus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -209

Black Star Sabers

« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2012, 07:32:30 AM »

I ALMOST bought it. I have the cash, but I really need to get these court papers filed. Unfortunately the filing fees cost more than the saber fully loaded.

Control your fear. Give in to your hate. Let it guide you along the path and soon you shall find yourself... home.

**Dark Side points appreciated.**

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2012, 08:00:50 AM »

I ALMOST bought it. I have the cash, but I really need to get these court papers filed. Unfortunately the filing fees cost more than the saber fully loaded.

A little off topic but I can honestly say that you are going to be so glad that you did get those papers filed.  I actually framed mine after my divorce. 

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Amanita
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 39

« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2012, 08:22:11 AM »

I'm loving the saber, but I have some concerns- first, the video says that we can get an AV switch with a bezel, instead of the activation box. But I don't see this option listed:(

Secondly, I am not sure where I would take this one- due to the way the claws look, I would be nervous about taking it out in public- all it takes is one cop thinking I've  got real blades on that thing, and my night's over. I remember getting growled at for carrying a foam-padded practice sword as part of a costume one halloween, and the cop didn't back down when I showed him that it was nothing but foam with a wooden core the diameter of my thumb. "People might think it's real!"  Somehow I suspect that even blunt claws made to look like knife or axe blades wouldn't go over well either.

Likewise, I am not sure if security at my local con would allow me to carry or wear it- would they treat it like another garden variety lightsaber, or would they treat those claws the same way they treat blunt metal knives worn as part of a costume? The rules for even blunt metal blades are that they must be sheathed at all times, never taken out. Blunt blades with no sheath must be handed over to con security, who will give it to you for the duration of the costume contest, and collect it from you as soon as you're off the stage.

So I love the look of this one, it's completely bad-ass. But I'm not sure where I could use it- something that can only be enjoyed in my own yard, for fear of legal issues, or con security rules isn't going to be as useful to me as a saber I can carry pretty much anywhere.

I don't mean this to be a wet blanket, I've just been chewed out by the police for carrying something far less menacing than this before, and I'm still kind of leery.
Although that said, I could see myself getting one of these and having a machinist or metalworker make me some smaller claws of a different style to swap out- I suspect a pair of phoenix's wings would look absolutely stunning, and be a little less likely to get me into trouble.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 08:27:24 AM by Amanita » Logged

Sandtracker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 134

« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2012, 12:16:11 PM »

I'm loving the saber, but I have some concerns- first, the video says that we can get an AV switch with a bezel, instead of the activation box. But I don't see this option listed:(

Secondly, I am not sure where I would take this one- due to the way the claws look, I would be nervous about taking it out in public- all it takes is one cop thinking I've  got real blades on that thing, and my night's over. I remember getting growled at for carrying a foam-padded practice sword as part of a costume one halloween, and the cop didn't back down when I showed him that it was nothing but foam with a wooden core the diameter of my thumb. "People might think it's real!"  Somehow I suspect that even blunt claws made to look like knife or axe blades wouldn't go over well either.

Likewise, I am not sure if security at my local con would allow me to carry or wear it- would they treat it like another garden variety lightsaber, or would they treat those claws the same way they treat blunt metal knives worn as part of a costume? The rules for even blunt metal blades are that they must be sheathed at all times, never taken out. Blunt blades with no sheath must be handed over to con security, who will give it to you for the duration of the costume contest, and collect it from you as soon as you're off the stage.

So I love the look of this one, it's completely bad-ass. But I'm not sure where I could use it- something that can only be enjoyed in my own yard, for fear of legal issues, or con security rules isn't going to be as useful to me as a saber I can carry pretty much anywhere.

I don't mean this to be a wet blanket, I've just been chewed out by the police for carrying something far less menacing than this before, and I'm still kind of leery.
Although that said, I could see myself getting one of these and having a machinist or metalworker make me some smaller claws of a different style to swap out- I suspect a pair of phoenix's wings would look absolutely stunning, and be a little less likely to get me into trouble.

The AV switch comes with a bezel if you just order an AV switch without an activation box.

DarthGM
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -12

« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2012, 12:30:46 PM »

HOLY COW is that a beautiful saber...

Shocked

Well now, you guys just solved that problem of my Malgus costume.

I know what I'll be ordering on Wednesday...and I just may have to get all the bells and whistles on this one (illuminated AV Switch in an activator box, flash on clash, etc...)

« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 12:48:17 PM by DarthGM » Logged

Alderaan Base XO, Rebel Legion
Blogger of
Fragments from the Rim, a Star Wars gaming and costuming blog
Arsenal: BR Bane, BR Aeon v2 LE, BR Malice, FO Phantasm Initiate v3 LE

rezeb360
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 60

« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2012, 12:42:03 PM »

When ever my monye returns to me Sad...I'll be getting this!!

Blade LED Color:Fire Orange
Blade Option:40" Heavy Grade
Battery Configuration:Li-Ion Setup with BuckPuck (Batteries & Universal Charger Included)
Button Color:Chrome
Sound:Yes, Obsidian USB Sound w/ Red Illuminated AV Switch
Flash on Clash:Flash Red (Saber Must Have Sound Added)
Malice Claw Size:Small
Malice Pommel Type:Round
Quick Disconnect:Sure, Add Them!
Tip::Pointed Tip (INCREASED Lead Time)
Include Retention Screw Wrench:No Thanks
Include Blade Plug: yes

Looked at this Beast and said yep, sith all the way!!! Kiss

Zephon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 118

Zephon Nosta - Jedi Sentinel

« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2012, 01:14:52 PM »

Welp....I WAS trying to go something else first, BUT...this being my preferred saber on TOR (As well as I was trying to think up a way to mod a saber to look like this....this is perfect. Might (more than likely) going to make this my first saber.

The Force Is The Blade Of The Heart.
            All Are Intertwined;
       The Crystal,
   The Blade,
The Jedi.
              You Are One.

Light Side Points Appreciated

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2012, 02:08:19 PM »

No effing way!

Awesome hilt, I think I need one.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

DarthGM
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -12

« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2012, 02:31:30 PM »

As stated before; I'm so getting one.

This sucker's getting ordered by the end of the day today.

Blade LED Color:Blazing Red
Blade Option:36" Ultraedge Midgrade
Battery Configuration:Li-Ion Setup with BuckPuck
Button Color:Red
Sound:Yes, Obsidian USB Sound w/ Red Illuminated AV Switch with Silver Activation Box
Flash on Clash:Flash Green
Malice Claw Size:Small
Malice Pommel Type:Square
Quick Disconnect:Nope.
Tip::Round Tip
Include Retention Screw Wrench:Sure!
Include Blade Plug:Yes

The one thing I can't decide is if I want the 40" blade.  I see that 5" of blade is eaten up by the emitter, so I'd only have 31" from the emitter out.  I'd lose another 5" with the claws.  A 40" blade would help this, but it doesn't come in Ultraedge, which I love.

Anyone know how well Blazing Red looks without the Ultra-edge?

Alderaan Base XO, Rebel Legion
Blogger of
Fragments from the Rim, a Star Wars gaming and costuming blog
Arsenal: BR Bane, BR Aeon v2 LE, BR Malice, FO Phantasm Initiate v3 LE

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2012, 02:44:59 PM »

I personally prefer Midgrade with BR! It looks amazing! I will be getting this saber, might take a month to get the cash, but I will have one!! I'll have a hard time deciding on the led. Either Pyrestone with FO FoC , or BR with Silver FoC . As I am a SWTOR addict it will probably be BR .

dark side points please

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2012, 02:48:57 PM »

I personally prefer Midgrade with BR! It looks amazing! I will be getting this saber, might take a month to get the cash, but I will have one!! I'll have a hard time deciding on the led. Either Pyrestone with FO FoC , or BR with Silver FoC . As I am a SWTOR addict it will probably be BR .

Second this blade choice.  Midgrade looks great with BR!

Pyrestone would look amazing on this hilt too, although you have a point that the more traditional SWTOR look would be Blazing Red.  Heck, I think it would look cool in Guardian Blue!

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2012, 02:53:17 PM »

Second this blade choice.  Midgrade looks great with BR!

Pyrestone would look amazing on this hilt too, although you have a point that the more traditional SWTOR look would be Blazing Red.  Heck, I think it would look cool in Guardian Blue!

I'm totally thinking about PO.

I was so excited that the moments MJ's eyes fluttered open I shoved the tablet in her face to see the new saber. lol

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

navajas
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -19

« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2012, 03:31:33 PM »

The hilt is gorgeous. If there was a price break for leaving off the blades I think I'd get it. Can we get word from Emory or Alex if we can special request for the blades to be left off for some credit, or, failing that, replaced with Glaive or Raven claws?

Love each and everything about it except the blades.

LE Initiate - Green (for my son)
FreeSaber Archon - Red (for my other son)
Nickel Prophecy - Arctic Blue (for my Mom)
Initiate V3 LE - Destiny (for my wife)
Bane RGB - white FoC (for my brother)
Vermathax - Yellow / Silver / Purple, custom
Archon V2 - Green (amber FoC, *goodies)

Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 268

" Kind hearted jerk"

« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2012, 03:40:33 PM »

It really is a great looking saber. I like how it looks, or rather would look without the claws. I love the black activation box.

"Corellians... no wonder the other Jedi didn't want you leaving your system."
"The rest of you were just afraid we wouldn't leave anything for you to do after we were done."
Luke & Corran (I,J)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: