Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 950140 times)
Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #900 on: July 27, 2015, 07:58:15 PM »

Yes, but with the Force able to present glimpses of the future, would it not also be able to guide your construction toward a design that will also avail you in the future as well? τΏτ

The future is mutable.  One decision can change the path completely.  Smiley

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #901 on: July 27, 2015, 08:14:33 PM »

I guess I can see that. Speaking of replacements...I was under the impression that Obi-Wan needed a replacement after EpI. Then JC brought up the point that Obi was still using the Guardian style in EpII. I found some stills, and he was right. Any of you CW fans know if he was still rolling with it during the Clone Wars, or was it finally MIA from his capture before the battle of Geonosis?

His first Guardian style saber was lost in the duel with Darth Maul then he built another almost identical one which was lost when he was taken prisoner on Geonosis.  After that he used the EP IV style saber during the Clone Wars and up until his death.  

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #902 on: July 27, 2015, 08:44:24 PM »

His first Guardian style saber was lost in the duel with Darth Maul then he built another almost identical one which was lost when he was taken prisoner on Geonosis.  After that he used the EP IV style saber during the Clone Wars and up until his death.  

Well considering that they fished Darth Maul out of that pit, I would also assume that they could have saved his saber as well, considering that his EpIII saber survived that fall right before Order 66 was unleashed.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #903 on: August 14, 2015, 02:18:17 PM »

I asked this in another thread, but now I'm really curious...

If construction of the first DS began right after Order 66 was given (possibly a little before) and it wasn't even fully operational for almost 20 years, then wouldn't the second DS has been started before the first was even complete?

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #904 on: August 14, 2015, 05:51:24 PM »

I always attributed that time delay to the setting in which the DS was built. The first DS was built in a time of recovery from war and was done in secret. The second was done at the height of power and openly.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #905 on: August 14, 2015, 06:24:16 PM »

I always attributed that time delay to the setting in which the DS was built. The first DS was built in a time of recovery from war and was done in secret. The second was done at the height of power and openly.

If it was done "openly", then "many Bothans" wouldn't have "died to bring us this information." And "height of power"? #2 looked better than half done only 5 years after the first was destroyed, and it was nearly twice the volume of of the OG. However, the Wookiees still hadn't been completely conquered yet at the end of EpIII. I've heard that much of the manual labor of the DS construction was done by Wookiee slaves. And it even hints at that in the first TFU novel when SK infiltrates the DS.

Thats one supreme advantage to that style of government. You want a company's resources? You take them. You don't ask, and you certainly don't buy. You don't need public opinion on whether or not it's an ideal use of resources, especially when the end result is galactic subjegation.

Sig by For Tyeth

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #906 on: August 14, 2015, 09:55:16 PM »

If it was done "openly", then "many Bothans" wouldn't have "died to bring us this information." And "height of power"? #2 looked better than half done only 5 years after the first was destroyed, and it was nearly twice the volume of of the OG. However, the Wookiees still hadn't been completely conquered yet at the end of EpIII. I've heard that much of the manual labor of the DS construction was done by Wookiee slaves. And it even hints at that in the first TFU novel when SK infiltrates the DS.

Thats one supreme advantage to that style of government. You want a company's resources? You take them. You don't ask, and you certainly don't buy. You don't need public opinion on whether or not it's an ideal use of resources, especially when the end result is galactic subjegation.

Comparatively open - have you read Tarkin yet? You should if you haven't.
That book actually goes into just how secretive the Death Star production was and how stretched for supplies they were about 5 years after EpIII.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #907 on: August 15, 2015, 02:18:18 AM »

Comparatively open - have you read Tarkin yet? You should if you haven't.
That book actually goes into just how secretive the Death Star production was and how stretched for supplies they were about 5 years after EpIII.

I am temporarily sated by this answer. But I'm still suspicious as to how they could build one twice as big, to 70% completion, in only a quarter of the time.

And still be behind schedule. Roll Eyes Tongue

Sig by For Tyeth

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #908 on: August 15, 2015, 12:39:53 PM »

I am temporarily sated by this answer. But I'm still suspicious as to how they could build one twice as big, to 70% completion, in only a quarter of the time.

And still be behind schedule. Roll Eyes Tongue

NSFW - Language - but it explains a lot about Death Star Construction... I'll just put in the link, not the imbedded image or whatever the pinwheel thing is...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQdDRrcAOjA

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Connah
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light, Dark, both extremes annoy me

« Reply #909 on: August 15, 2015, 06:54:09 PM »

is it also possible that construction of the second death star started whilst the first was nearing completion?

"there's no such thing as overkill. It's just making sure"

Dominix V4 VA with sound
Scorpion R+B Emerald with sound

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #910 on: August 17, 2015, 08:02:59 PM »

is it also possible that construction of the second death star started whilst the first was nearing completion?

That's where this line started.

NSFW - Language - but it explains a lot about Death Star Construction... I'll just put in the link, not the imbedded image or whatever the pinwheel thing is...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQdDRrcAOjA

NSFW? Language?!?!?

Sig by For Tyeth

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #911 on: August 18, 2015, 02:29:14 AM »

NSFW? Language?!?!?

I distinctly recall more F-Bombs in Clerks....

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #912 on: August 18, 2015, 05:25:17 PM »

I distinctly recall more F-Bombs in Clerks....

Well duh. Anything with Jay is gonna average at least 5 F-bombs a minute.

But I'm asking what he's talking about.

Sig by For Tyeth

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #913 on: October 22, 2015, 07:57:51 PM »

But I'm asking what he's talking about.

Randal: So they build another Death Star, right?
Dante: Yeah.
Randal: Now the first one they built was completed and fully operational before the Rebels destroyed it.
Dante: Luke blew it up. Give credit where it's due.
Randal:And the second one was still being built when they blew it up.
Dante: Compliments of Lando Calrissian.
Randal: Something just never sat right with me the second time they destroyed it. I could never put my finger on it-something just wasn't right.
Dante: And you figured it out?
Randal: Well, the thing is, the first Death Star was manned by the Imperial army-storm troopers, dignitaries- the only people onboard were Imperials.
Dante: Basically.
Randal: So when they blew it up, no prob. Evil is punished.
Dante: And the second time around...?
Randal: The second time around, it wasn't even finished yet. They were still under construction.
Dante: So?
Randal: A construction job of that magnitude would require a helluva lot more manpower than the Imperial army had to offer. I'll bet there were independent contractors working on that thing: plumbers, aluminum siders, roofers.
Dante: Not just Imperials, is what you're getting at.
Randal: Exactly. In order to get it built quickly and quietly they'd hire anybody who could do the job. Do you think the average storm trooper knows how to install a toilet main? All they know is killing and white uniforms.
Dante: All right, so even if independent contractors are working on the Death Star, why are you uneasy with its destruction?
Randal: All those innocent contractors hired to do a job were killed- casualties of a war they had nothing to do with. (notices Dante's confusion) All right, look-you're a roofer, and some juicy government contract comes your way; you got the wife and kids and the two-story in suburbia-this is a government contract, which means all sorts of benefits. All of a sudden these left-wing militants blast you with lasers and wipe out everyone within a three-mile radius. You didn't ask for that. You have no personal politics. You're just trying to scrape out a living.
(The Blue-Collar Man (Thomas Burke) joins them.)
Blue-Collar Man: Excuse me. I don't mean to interrupt, but what were you talking about?
Randal: The ending of Return of the Jedi.
Dante: My friend is trying to convince me that any contractors working on the uncompleted Death Star were innocent victims when the space station was destroyed by the rebels.
Blue-Collar Man: Well, I'm a contractor myself. I'm a roofer... (digs into pocket and produces business card) Dunn and Reddy Home Improvements. And speaking as a roofer, I can say that a roofer's personal politics come heavily into play when choosing jobs.
Randal: Like when?
Blue-Collar Man: Three months ago I was offered a job up in the hills. A beautiful house with tons of property. It was a simple reshingling job, but I was told that if it was finished within a day, my price would be doubled. Then I realized whose house it was.
Dante: Whose house was it?
Blue-Collar Man: Dominick Bambino's.
Randal: "Babyface" Bambino? The gangster?
Blue-Collar Man: The same. The money was right, but the risk was too big. I knew who he was, and based on that, I passed the job on to a friend of mine.
Dante: Based on personal politics.
Blue-Collar Man: Right. And that week, the Foresci family put a hit on Babyface's house. My friend was shot and killed. He wasn't even finished shingling.
Randal: No way!
Blue-Collar Man: (paying for coffee) I'm alive because I knew there were risks involved taking on that particular client. My friend wasn't so lucky. (pauses to reflect) You know, any contractor willing to work on that Death Star knew the risks. If they were killed, it was their own fault. A roofer listens to this... (taps his heart) not his wallet.

sauce: http://www.whysanity.net/monos/clerks5.html

I never noticed that Anakin straight up cuts a geonosian in twain in AOTC.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #914 on: October 22, 2015, 08:58:02 PM »

STILL. WHAT DOES NSFW MEAN?

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: