Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 945952 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #945 on: November 03, 2015, 02:33:31 PM »

yeah, very close to the imperial class, looks like it might be a bit bigger though

from a shooty combaty view, those extra platforms better be bristling with more turrets, being on different elevations they could bring more guns to bear whilst moving forwards

If you open the picture in a separate tab, you can see exactly that.

The Finalizer is flush with weapons.  Smiley

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Connah
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light, Dark, both extremes annoy me

« Reply #946 on: November 03, 2015, 03:01:28 PM »

awesome, no such thing as over kill, its just making sure

plus the mad grin captians must have get when ordering the gunners to fire everything, knowing you are unleashing enough firepower to turn a planet into a lump of radioactive slag

"there's no such thing as overkill. It's just making sure"

Dominix V4 VA with sound
Scorpion R+B Emerald with sound

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #947 on: November 03, 2015, 04:49:03 PM »

awesome, no such thing as over kill, its just making sure

plus the mad grin captians must have get when ordering the gunners to fire everything, knowing you are unleashing enough firepower to turn a planet into a lump of radioactive slag

I think that's enough to make anybody grin.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #948 on: December 14, 2015, 04:15:15 PM »

So I was marathoning SW this weekend, and I noticed a couple of things, that I'd never noticed before.

The first is that QG & OW use Force speed to escape the droidekas in Ep I. Pretty cool.

The other thing was at the end of ESB. I watched the edited version, not that it made much difference, but I noticed in the credits, the guy that originally voiced the Emperor still got billing even though the scene was completely replaced with Ian McDiarmid.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #949 on: December 14, 2015, 09:34:23 PM »

I noticed something after recently watching Episode I, as well.

It was how much the Gungan warriors resemble ancient Egyptian soldiers; specifically their headgear and shields.

Not a huge deal, but I like the mystique of ancient Egypt and it would seem that the Gungan's are the equivalent on Naboo. Smiley
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 09:38:23 PM by Kham-Ryn Kurios » Logged

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Connah
Knight Commander

« Reply #950 on: December 14, 2015, 10:45:05 PM »

did you also notice how only jar jar is incompetent

its like they must do some kind of ritual every generation to put all the stupidity into one child in order for the rest to be more intelligent

Dominix V4 VA with sound

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #951 on: December 15, 2015, 02:19:58 PM »

No. But I did notice that in Ep IV on the Falcon, Luke's saber has a major identity crisis. It goes from blue to green-ish, to white at various intervals throughout the training scene.

I also noticed that the Aura-Besh that we now hold as canon was established in ANH. Unless it was flawlessly imposed, you can read it as the power drains from the meter.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwinw52Ph97JAhWD7SYKHZ4PB6MQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fbbs.stardestroyer.net%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ff%3D3%26t%3D132278&psig=AFQjCNFwhaUr9GVQGYBUg0paXNi-kFVljw&ust=1450275331152492
(Hope this works)

It makes you wander why that infamous screen from ROTJ was impossible to read.

Sig by For Tyeth

Connah
Knight Commander

« Reply #952 on: December 15, 2015, 03:08:54 PM »

ah yes the identity crisis

I noticed that too the other week

funny thing is i'm sure that never happened in the old versions of VHS.....maybe TVs have got to a point where the flaws show up or they came up during the transfer from VHS to DVD

thought it would have been something they'd have picked up on in the whole "digital enhancing" phase

can't remember about the panel being readable, might have been because its a close up?

Dominix V4 VA with sound

Lady Mineva
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 76

I rarely act my age.

« Reply #953 on: December 15, 2015, 03:23:42 PM »

I also noticed that the Aura-Besh that we now hold as canon was established in ANH. Unless it was flawlessly imposed, you can read it as the power drains from the meter.

It WAS flawlessly imposed. Youtube it.

Determination is my strength, patience is not always my virtue.
Initiate LE V4(SY) w/Sound "Chasm"

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #954 on: December 15, 2015, 04:09:47 PM »

It WAS flawlessly imposed. Youtube it.

Way to kill the dream.

Sig by For Tyeth

Lady Mineva
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 76

I rarely act my age.

« Reply #955 on: December 15, 2015, 04:43:48 PM »

Way to kill the dream.
It's what I do.

Determination is my strength, patience is not always my virtue.
Initiate LE V4(SY) w/Sound "Chasm"

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #956 on: December 15, 2015, 05:03:38 PM »

It's what I do.

And you wonder why we hate on the Jedi.

Sig by For Tyeth

Connah
Knight Commander

« Reply #957 on: December 15, 2015, 11:41:15 PM »

well at least the sock puppet asteroid monster still looks like a sock puppet

Dominix V4 VA with sound

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #958 on: December 16, 2015, 12:39:50 PM »

But sadly the Sarlac became Audrey II

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #959 on: December 16, 2015, 05:30:55 PM »

But sadly the Sarlac became Audrey II

I hated that. It's a gi-ga-normous monster that waits for food to just fall into its mouth. The original cut was the perfect execution of such an organism. The tentacles I'll grant, but the beak just made it stupid.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: