Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 949491 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1575 on: September 14, 2016, 03:14:35 PM »

Logos throwin' shade  Smiley Smiley

I'm displeased at the rumors that the 2nd stand-alone is about Han. And more so about the rumored casting of the character. Albeit, Hail, Caesar sucked on the whole, but Alden Ehrenreich's character was the worst thing about the movie. Granted, it could have been another case of "Anakin Skywalker" where a good actor cannot trump a bad script and worse direction. But still.......<puke>

New question:

If the 501st is supposed to be stationed on the first Deathstar, and they are the last division of clone troops, wouldn't they all be as old (roughly) as Rex, Wolf, and Gregor are depicted in SWR? Did Disney retcon the beloved 501?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Acervus
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -248

6 movies & Rogue one. That's all folks....

« Reply #1576 on: September 14, 2016, 04:38:40 PM »

It is not my point. I am not some elitist hardcore fan (well, i am but i do not want they make a movie me  Grin ) ... i just wanted some originality ...

Honestly, a big "deathstar" destroyed by a x-wing pilote that fired on a weak point after flying in a canyon ... just before the destruction of the rebe... hem resistance secret base ...
Honestly, heros escaping from a desert planet with the falcon ... and hiding themselves after the falcon was captured ...
... a cantina ... a dark knight ... a holographic great leader ... the destruction of a planet as demonstration ...

Ep. 2 was definitively more original ...

Does anyone like me, remember Centerpoint station(Corellian sector) ?  i.e. big ass gun blasts the living crap out of things from many light-years distant. Cough.. Cough.. Copied. choke ..huugghhhh.. Sorry had something stuck in my throat.
But seriously is anything original in "nEw FilM". perhaps I should remove BBL from my sig , it seems they are doing it anyway just at at a different timescale missing out lots of the best bits  Tongue

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #1577 on: September 15, 2016, 04:02:37 AM »

It is not my point. I am not some elitist hardcore fan (well, i am but i do not want they make a movie me  Grin ) ... i just wanted some originality ...

Honestly, a big "deathstar" destroyed by a x-wing pilote that fired on a weak point after flying in a canyon ... just before the destruction of the rebe... hem resistance secret base ...
Honestly, heros escaping from a desert planet with the falcon ... and hiding themselves after the falcon was captured ...
... a cantina ... a dark knight ... a holographic great leader ... the destruction of a planet as demonstration ...

Ep. 2 was definitively more original ...

Episode 2 was horrible, well, mostly horrible. Wasted the clone wars timeline, had to be salvaged(to a point) by an animated series. From what I'm gathering, 3 out of the 7 are beloved, 3 out of the remaining 4 are frowned upon, and the jury is still out on TFA. I enjoyed episode 3, but as I've stated before, Darth Maul was wasted. Jedis just being total badasses was not used to its fullest. TFA was similar to A New Hope in that it was comfy enough to not be a total failure. Hardest part of anything, books, films, is introducing new characters to a strong fanbase and having them being accepted. Rey seems to have the stamp of approval, but I don't believe she HAS to be tied into any past character. I hope the surface of the story's potential has barely been scratched, cuz it has the ability to separate itself into its own

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #1578 on: September 15, 2016, 04:28:25 AM »

You don't have to study the roots to appreciate the shade of the tree, but they are still there and as important.

Do not worry yourself when others come to understand in their own way. Mind that you come to understand in yours.

“If you end your training now — if you choose the quick and easy path as Vader did — you will become an agent of evil.”

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #1579 on: September 15, 2016, 09:43:54 AM »

Episode 2 was horrible, well, mostly horrible. Wasted the clone wars timeline, had to be salvaged(to a point) by an animated series. From what I'm gathering, 3 out of the 7 are beloved, 3 out of the remaining 4 are frowned upon, and the jury is still out on TFA. I enjoyed episode 3, but as I've stated before, Darth Maul was wasted. Jedis just being total badasses was not used to its fullest. TFA was similar to A New Hope in that it was comfy enough to not be a total failure. Hardest part of anything, books, films, is introducing new characters to a strong fanbase and having them being accepted. Rey seems to have the stamp of approval, but I don't believe she HAS to be tied into any past character. I hope the surface of the story's potential has barely been scratched, cuz it has the ability to separate itself into its own

Ep.2 is ........ Ep.2 LOL

You know, i am a fan of this galaxy far far away ... I really like the 6 first movies and i do not dislike the 7th. Just disappointed Smiley

Disappointed because they did not make something new ... they just down-cycled old idea but if it is the introduction of something new that will be great ... so, waiting for Ep. 8

BUT, if in Ep. 8, a character tells another :"I am your father" ... i will join the DARK SIDE  Grin

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #1580 on: September 15, 2016, 10:14:45 AM »

LOL@ Seb.  Grin

I'll save a spot for ya. Wink

+1

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #1581 on: September 15, 2016, 10:50:26 AM »

Ep.2 is ........ Ep.2 LOL

You know, i am a fan of this galaxy far far away ... I really like the 6 first movies and i do not dislike the 7th. Just disappointed Smiley

Disappointed because they did not make something new ... they just down-cycled old idea but if it is the introduction of something new that will be great ... so, waiting for Ep. 8

BUT, if in Ep. 8, a character tells another :"I am your father" ... i will join the DARK SIDE  Grin

I'll wager you're gonna remain in the light.. lol
That'll be the coup de grace to alot of fans

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #1582 on: September 15, 2016, 12:17:32 PM »

LOL@ Seb.  Grin

I'll save a spot for ya. Wink

+1

Sure you do LOL

But i will never be a Sith ... Just a basic dark jedi assassin chasing young fans across the galaxy  Grin

I'll wager you're gonna remain in the light.. lol
That'll be the coup de grace to alot of fans

Hope that .... i do not want to become a dark sider  Wink

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Rina Ascura
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 111

Please keep it at 100!

« Reply #1583 on: September 16, 2016, 08:37:01 PM »

I like Episode 2. I generally like the prequels. Especially compared to Ep. Does-Not-Exist.

BBL AND PROUD! The Expanded Universe - the old, the true, the brave!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1584 on: September 16, 2016, 08:49:49 PM »

I like Episode 2. I generally like the prequels. Especially compared to Ep. Does-Not-Exist.

I like PODRACING!

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #1585 on: September 17, 2016, 04:19:45 AM »

I'm displeased at the rumors that the 2nd stand-alone is about Han. And more so about the rumored casting of the character. Albeit, Hail, Caesar sucked on the whole, but Alden Ehrenreich's character was the worst thing about the movie. Granted, it could have been another case of "Anakin Skywalker" where a good actor cannot trump a bad script and worse direction. But still.......<puke>

New question:

If the 501st is supposed to be stationed on the first Deathstar, and they are the last division of clone troops, wouldn't they all be as old (roughly) as Rex, Wolf, and Gregor are depicted in SWR? Did Disney retcon the beloved 501?

Currently Canon says the 501st (Vader's Fist) still exist but are not Clones.  They are the ones who assaulted the Base on Hoth.

For coolness   Darth Malgus in real life
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6qC-mrUpMs" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6qC-mrUpMs</a>

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #1586 on: September 17, 2016, 06:12:24 AM »

Why are they choosing Roque One as their stand alone? A story about supporting soldiers that made the set up of the original premise. Even if we won't know the outcome for these specific characters, we know the big outcome of blowing up the Death Star the first time and even the final outcome of the Emperor. So, there's kind of something weaker to the potential when we just know so much about where we're headed. It's like another prequel, but it's about side characters after ep3 and before ep4. Episode 3b. Roque One: A tertiary Star Wars story. Many Bothans will die bringing you this movie. In fact, is this movie about the Bothans that died bringing the Rebels the Death Star information?

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #1587 on: September 17, 2016, 09:10:29 AM »

Why are they choosing Roque One as their stand alone? A story about supporting soldiers that made the set up of the original premise. Even if we won't know the outcome for these specific characters, we know the big outcome of blowing up the Death Star the first time and even the final outcome of the Emperor. So, there's kind of something weaker to the potential when we just know so much about where we're headed. It's like another prequel, but it's about side characters after ep3 and before ep4. Episode 3b. Roque One: A tertiary Star Wars story. Many Bothans will die bringing you this movie. In fact, is this movie about the Bothans that died bringing the Rebels the Death Star information?

The rumor is that within the film you will be exposed to info pertinent to Ep. 8 and on.  I have no real urge to see it or the Han film though (even though I will).  I fell the Anthology films would have been better focusing on The Old Republic Era but that's me.  Bothans brought the SECOND Death Star's info to the Rebellion.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Benji
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 163

« Reply #1588 on: September 17, 2016, 03:20:54 PM »

Battlefront... Death Star expansion coming soon!

I have but four enemies: Envy, Lust, Greed and Lethargy...

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1589 on: September 17, 2016, 04:09:07 PM »

No the Bothans died bringing info on the 2nd DS.

Bothans brought the SECOND Death Star's info to the Rebellion.

See?

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: