Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 950071 times)
ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #1965 on: December 09, 2016, 09:59:58 PM »

Rey has to be a Skywalker if there is any sense left in the galaxy. Instead of Brother & Sister vs. Father, the fight will be Cousin vs. Cousin (at the very least) or Sister vs. Brother.

Outside of those lines, please, for the love of the Force, PLEASE....just let her not be related to anyone.

Also she's what, 17? 18? She was born at least 12 years after the fall of the Empire. Being human, that means she was conceived 11yrs 3mo after the DS2 went pop. And don't cheapen it by saying the embryo was kept in cryo for 40 some odd year. What would be the point?

The thing is, any Kenobi descendant would be a grandchild or even great-grandchild of Obi-wan's generation.   Obi-wan and Satine were together for a year while he was still a Padawan under Qui-gon.  That was quite some time ago and not outside the chances that individual would have a child sometime in the early days of the Empire.  The grandchild (if female) would be in her 20s or early 30s when Rey was conceived, one would assume with Luke's assistance to keep with the theme of the story being about the Skywalker line.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1966 on: December 09, 2016, 10:09:03 PM »

The thing is, any Kenobi descendant would be a grandchild or even great-grandchild of Obi-wan's generation.   Obi-wan and Satine were together for a year while he was still a Padawan under Qui-gon.  That was quite some time ago and not outside the chances that individual would have a child sometime in the early days of the Empire.  The grandchild (if female) would be in her 20s or early 30s when Rey was conceived, one would assume with Luke's assistance to keep with the theme of the story being about the Skywalker line.
So you're suspecting that Rey is the offspring of Luke and Kenobi's daughter? Also, doesn't seem likely that Satine would have borne a child and not introduced it to the father when Kenobi went to Mandalore. Also+, the child would have been at least 10 if not early teens when the Clone Wars started, and would have been early to mid 30's at the beginning of ANH.

Sorry dude, but I think your theory is failing.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

ithekro
Knight Commander

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #1967 on: December 10, 2016, 12:31:10 AM »

Not daughter.  Granddaughter or even great-granddaughter, depending on just how far back Kenobi's first visit to Mandalore was.

While it is unlikely Satine would hide a child from Obi-wan, there would be some serious political and social problems for both if such a child was known to exist.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1968 on: December 12, 2016, 07:18:31 PM »

Whatever.

Speaking of Daughter....I finally caught the Mortis arc over the weekend. I'll admit, I couldn't hate it. I think it left more to interpretation the many would care to speculate.

However the lack of consistency with the pronunciation of names is seriously giving me a stomach ache.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1969 on: December 12, 2016, 08:14:18 PM »

Whatever.

Speaking of Daughter....I finally caught the Mortis arc over the weekend. I'll admit, I couldn't hate it. I think it left more to interpretation the many would care to speculate.

However the lack of consistency with the pronunciation of names is seriously giving me a stomach ache.

Which names are you talking about? I seem to remember something about that, but I don't remember which ones they were.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1970 on: December 12, 2016, 09:02:01 PM »

Which names are you talking about? I seem to remember something about that, but I don't remember which ones they were.
Like Pre Viszla. IMO should be pronounced Prā Vee-shlә (like the dog breed, which is spelled V-I-S-Z-L-A)

Why is it Twē-lek but Master Dī? But then Orn Free Ta pronounces it the way I do, Twī-lek. Which to me, sounds infinitely better.

Those are my 2 big ones.

Sig by For Tyeth

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1971 on: December 12, 2016, 10:15:52 PM »

Like Pre Viszla. IMO should be pronounced Prā Vee-shlә (like the dog breed, which is spelled V-I-S-Z-L-A)

Why is it Twē-lek but Master Dī? But then Orn Free Ta pronounces it the way I do, Twī-lek. Which to me, sounds infinitely better.

Those are my 2 big ones.

I think it is sort of the HAN vs. HON or LAY-A vs. LEE-A thing. Sort of a personal preference. But I agree with you on the Twi-lek thing. Viszla isn't a huge one IMO though.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1972 on: December 12, 2016, 10:28:19 PM »

I think it is sort of the HAN vs. HON or LAY-A vs. LEE-A thing. Sort of a personal preference. But I agree with you on the Twi-lek thing. Viszla isn't a huge one IMO though.
Yeah. To me the canon (mis)pronunciation of those two just makes them sound soft.

Sig by For Tyeth

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #1973 on: December 13, 2016, 01:26:54 PM »

Those are my 2 big ones.
Now, you see...

I always thought it was Twee-lek, but I've heard it pronounced Twai-lek a whole lot since. (sorry - no fancy accents on my letters)

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1974 on: December 13, 2016, 03:42:20 PM »

Now, you see...

I always thought it was Twee-lek, but I've heard it pronounced Twai-lek a whole lot since. (sorry - no fancy accents on my letters)
I cheated and pulled symbols from Word. Grin

I'm the opposite. I hadn't heard "twee-lek" until SWR, and even then I just thought Azmorigan was an illiterate idiot. Then I come to find out the entire Basic speaking galaxy are illiterate idiots. RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Sig by For Tyeth

ithekro
Knight Commander

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #1975 on: December 13, 2016, 08:19:01 PM »

Different dialects come up with different ways to pronounce the same words.  That is nothing new even within just the English language.

Take the place name like say, Concord.  On the East Coast that is pronounced "con-cord".  But on the West Coast that is pronounced "con-curd".

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1976 on: December 13, 2016, 08:27:33 PM »

Different dialects come up with different ways to pronounce the same words.  That is nothing new even within just the English language.

Take the place name like say, Concord.  On the East Coast that is pronounced "con-cord".  But on the West Coast that is pronounced "con-curd".
I know, you trust those West Coast peeps to get anything right. Hippies. Tongue

Sig by For Tyeth

Gilbert
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -63

Sith! Sith! Yeth?

« Reply #1977 on: December 13, 2016, 08:59:34 PM »

I live in Oregon and have never heard that..unless someone was saying "conquered." "Lancaster" on the other hand, is said quite different.

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #1978 on: December 14, 2016, 02:59:41 AM »

Live on the best coast, I mean! The west coast(California)
It's pronounced Con-cord, just like its spelled. Unlike those tards from the Northeast that pronounce words like HEART "HAHRT" or "HAHD" for HARD

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1979 on: December 14, 2016, 04:00:45 AM »

If you say it like it slowly, then it is Con-cord, however if you say it fast like, then it is a mix between the two of them.

Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: