Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 947289 times)
Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #3585 on: May 08, 2020, 06:41:32 PM »

Doesn't help. I've never heard of anything she's known for.

I spent a nice time when I watched Russian dolls ....

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3586 on: May 08, 2020, 06:57:00 PM »

The Solo nod was when Maul was speaking to the Holograms of his Lt's....Dryden Vos was to his right.
Meh.

That absolutely was Ray MoCapping Maul...they announced that a few months back I believe. 
Nailed it. Grin

What happened to Maul after S5 was covered in the Comic Series: Son of Dathomir.  Like Dark Disciple it was a story meant for Clone Wars but never got made before they were cancelled.  Dooku "rescues" Maul convincing him he's betrayed Palpatine but its a ploy to draw the spirit of Mother Talzin out.  Palps destroys Talzin and Maul is dragged away by his Mandos.  Palps tells Dooku Maul is no longer a threat.
I thought Talzin was no longer a threat after Mace and Jar Jar took care of her.

Got to remember, much of this if not all of it was already written and ready to go before Rebels.  They could have changed it for Rebels but kept the original idea here.  But, If I remember correctly (I will see if I can find the clip since I do not own Rebels on DVD).  Rex said they had their chips removed before they could "Betray their Jedi."  Certain POV time.  Their chips were removed after Order 66 was started but none had killed a Jedi yet.
Hmm. Undecided Idk. There is something really sticking in my head that Rex even beginning to betray Ahsoka was an inadvertent ret-con. And please don't give some POVBS.

According to some Sources there is a Civil War brewing in Lucasfilm between those in KK's Corner and those supporting Faveru and Filoni.  KK wanted more control over the Mandolorian but was overruled.  Then the hiring of Leslye Headland has cause division in Lucasfilm as well.  Mainly about her association with Harvey Weinstein.  But all this is rumor of course.
GOOD!

As for who she is, the only thing I have seen of hers is Russian Doll...which wasn't horrible.  Basically a groundhog's day scenario except the main character keeps dying to restart the day.  She apparently deleted over 200 past tweets the day it was announced she was hired...which was kind of smart on her part...but has made many suspicious of what she was hiding.  As well there has been pushback because their only selling point so far on her show is that it is female centric.  Many fans (male and female) have made their displeasure apparent.  Not because they mind it being female lead...just that they are using that as the pitch.
That isn't a ringing endorsement.

As for the Crystals, Filoni answered that by saying that Anakin knows enough about crystals and how they work to be able to tweak them slightly (reposition them, had nothing to do with force infusion stuff you hate so much) to get them to shine blue.
Um..........isn't the color supposed to be something that comes out in the bonding meditation? Something in keeping with the color reflects the owner; NOT a mechanical property pertaining to alignment? Can these people keep anything consistent?

PS: Thanks for thinking of me before the spoiler discussion. What exactly were you looking for my insight on?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #3587 on: May 08, 2020, 08:35:47 PM »

There is an interview from when he did is movie "Brick" where he says basically he likes making divisive films that split people.  In and of itself that is not a negative against him.... But Star Wars is not the place for that.  But at the end of the day , you cant put it all at his feet.  If someone lets a bull into a china shop and it destroys everything... is the bull to blame?  or the person who let it in.

Case in point, you certainly don't let the bull into the China shop a second time, right?

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3588 on: May 08, 2020, 11:20:37 PM »

Um..........isn't the color supposed to be something that comes out in the bonding meditation? Something in keeping with the color reflects the owner; NOT a mechanical property pertaining to alignment? Can these people keep anything consistent?

So. . . that is what Disney says. This was something directly from Dave Filoni, I'm pretty sure he doesn't care for all aspects of the current crystal lore. I also think there might be something to do with the "lightside" crystals being able to change their color (as seen in Jedi: Fallen Order), but to turn them red, you have to "bleed" them. I know you don't like that.

PS: Thanks for thinking of me before the spoiler discussion. What exactly were you looking for my insight on?

I was just wondering what you thought about Ahsoka's blades turning blue. I can't find where Dave is talking about it, but I've tried to explain it as best as I can, and it is more in line with how the crystal stuff was before Disney.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 181

« Reply #3589 on: May 09, 2020, 01:11:30 AM »

There is talk that Filoni is going to be taking on a Feige type roll in the Star Wars universe (this is from various articles and implied in some of his own words).  After watching the first two episodes of "Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian” I'm all for it.  Not only is he Lucus' protege (and still consults with him) but he gets Star Wars.  Not like KK (she nearly ruins the second episode).  She has no idea what Star Wars is about, much less how to develop it.  Favreau and Filoni get it. 

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3590 on: May 09, 2020, 01:19:44 AM »

There is talk that Filoni is going to be taking on a Feige type roll in the Star Wars universe (this is from various articles and implied in some of his own words).  After watching the first two episodes of "Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian” I'm all for it.  Not only is he Lucus' protege (and still consults with him) but he gets Star Wars.  Not like KK (she nearly ruins the second episode).  She has no idea what Star Wars is about, much less how to develop it.  Favreau and Filoni get it. 

I just finished Making of Mando part 2 and I was coming to say exactly this. I know Logos doesn't like Filoni a whole lot, but I have so much respect for him, and it is obvious that he truly knows and loves Star Wars. That final dialogue of his in part 2 was so true to Star Wars, and that fact that he learned a lot of that stuff well before he met George, only to have it reinforced and expanded on by George is why Filoni is the clear choice for who to lead LucasFilms. If you haven't watched The Making of the Mandalorian yet Logos, you need to. If nothing else, hopefully it will give you a bit more respect for Filoni.

Metal Mech
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -84

Dark Force points please.

« Reply #3591 on: May 09, 2020, 02:31:50 AM »

I’ve never actually felt anything negative toward KK even though I have read how people feel about here. Mostly because I have never watched her speak or read something she wrote or was commented in. But man she bugged me in that episode. I was glad to see her gone for the second half. She kept interrupting and trying to control the conversation.

Wishlist
Project Replica: Specter w/ Diamond Controller 36" HD Blade
Project Dark Twins: x2 Dark Initiate LE v5 Stunt Tri-AS 24” HD Blade
Project Silver Saber: Lost Grey v4 Obsidian AS w/GB FoC 32" HD Blade

Sent back for upgrade.
Empress v4 Sound Tri-AS 32” HD Blade

Collection
Customized Saber: Dark Mantis Emerald v3 Obsidian 37” V4 Blade (mods in progress)
Practice Saber: Dark Sentinel LE v4 Stunt BR 32”HD Blade

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #3592 on: May 09, 2020, 04:14:56 AM »

I’ve never actually felt anything negative toward KK even though I have read how people feel about here. Mostly because I have never watched her speak or read something she wrote or was commented in. But man she bugged me in that episode. I was glad to see her gone for the second half. She kept interrupting and trying to control the conversation.

That is very indicative of how she always is in interviews and the like.  She seems to see herself as the Savior of Star Wars when she is the opposite.  Simply put she is making the same mistake many keep making in Hollywood.... they try to reach different demographics at the cost of their current fanbase...and it never works.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3593 on: May 09, 2020, 05:32:13 AM »

I honestly think KK knows a lot about film making. She has obviously done some good work in the past, but I just can't stand her attitude towards SW and how she thinks she knows it better than anyone else. I think the best thing I've ever heard her say about Star Wars is "Ewan, are you going to play Obi-Wan Kenobi again?" And even then, the only reason that was good was because of Ewan's response. "Yess!"

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #3594 on: May 09, 2020, 02:56:14 PM »

I honestly think KK knows a lot about film making. She has obviously done some good work in the past, but I just can't stand her attitude towards SW and how she thinks she knows it better than anyone else. I think the best thing I've ever heard her say about Star Wars is "Ewan, are you going to play Obi-Wan Kenobi again?" And even then, the only reason that was good was because of Ewan's response. "Yess!"

KK certainly has a very impressive resume (even being one of the dancers in the opening of Temple of Doom) and indeed that is why many of us didn't bat an eyelash when Lucas picked her to run Lucasfilm.  But, Executive Producers rarely have a lot of creative input if any at all.  She seemingly decided she wanted to take on the role Lucas himself had as creator as well as head of the Studio.  She saw a chance to remake Star Wars in the way she wanted.  I personally never wanted her fired or replaced...just for her to step away from the creative part of it.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #3595 on: May 10, 2020, 09:04:07 AM »

Lucasfilm made great things last years with Disney : Rebels, Rogue One, Solo, The Mandalorian ....

In fact, to me (and it is my opinion only), the only thing disappointing during the Disney era is the main trilogy considering the old EU legend ....

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #3596 on: May 10, 2020, 12:24:30 PM »

Lucasfilm made great things last years with Disney : Rebels, Rogue One, Solo, The Mandalorian ....

In fact, to me (and it is my opinion only), the only thing disappointing during the Disney era is the main trilogy considering the old EU legend ....
Like Seb, I actually enjoyed Rogue One, Solo, much of Rebels, and (especially!) the Mandalorian. 

But the Sequel Trilogy was a mess, from TFA derivative rehash, to TLJ complete and insulting (not to mention deliberate) fan-hating  contrivances thanks to Ryan Johnson, to TROS clumsy attempts to undo most of TLJ glaring mistakes with obvious fan-fulfillment... It was a waste of monumental proportions.  Disney could've kept (or at least honored) the incredible ideas found in the EU instead of the blatant and utter disregard that the Mouse House was quick to employ.  And it seems that KK represents what is endemically wrong with Disney's iteration of SW. 

I love SW, have all of my life and will for the rest of it.  I am certainly grateful that SW is continuing and I am eager to see many of the current and future projects (Season 7 of TCW, Season 2 of The Mandalorian, the upcoming Ewan McGregor Obi-Wan series) but I really, REALLY hope that the next batch of movies learn from the mistakes of the Sequel Trilogy and are markedly better.

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #3597 on: May 10, 2020, 05:29:03 PM »

Like Seb, I actually enjoyed Rogue One, Solo, much of Rebels, and (especially!) the Mandalorian. 

But the Sequel Trilogy was a mess, from TFA derivative rehash, to TLJ complete and insulting (not to mention deliberate) fan-hating  contrivances thanks to Ryan Johnson, to TROS clumsy attempts to undo most of TLJ glaring mistakes with obvious fan-fulfillment... It was a waste of monumental proportions.  Disney could've kept (or at least honored) the incredible ideas found in the EU instead of the blatant and utter disregard that the Mouse House was quick to employ.  And it seems that KK represents what is endemically wrong with Disney's iteration of SW. 

I love SW, have all of my life and will for the rest of it.  I am certainly grateful that SW is continuing and I am eager to see many of the current and future projects (Season 7 of TCW, Season 2 of The Mandalorian, the upcoming Ewan McGregor Obi-Wan series) but I really, REALLY hope that the next batch of movies learn from the mistakes of the Sequel Trilogy and are markedly better.

Considering the money they made with these 3 movies, I do not imagine why they will work differently ...

... but I still hope Wink

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #3598 on: May 10, 2020, 06:56:13 PM »

Considering the money they made with these 3 movies, I do not imagine why they will work differently ...

... but I still hope Wink

Interestingly on the topic of money, TFA made about 2 billion at the box office, TLJ made 1.3 billion, and TROS made 1 billion. That's still a crazy amount of money for sure, but it is absolutely a trend in the wrong direction. Hope they took note of that.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #3599 on: May 11, 2020, 08:13:11 AM »

Interestingly on the topic of money, TFA made about 2 billion at the box office, TLJ made 1.3 billion, and TROS made 1 billion. That's still a crazy amount of money for sure, but it is absolutely a trend in the wrong direction. Hope they took note of that.

You are right !!!!

Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: