Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23   Go Down
Author Topic: ANoob has landed  (Read 32540 times)
Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #90 on: November 23, 2022, 05:13:40 PM »

Lookin' good!

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

ANoob
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 15

« Reply #91 on: November 25, 2022, 03:21:55 AM »

Journal 11/24/22

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

The Insomnia Monster has been haunting my mother lately and driving her nuts. The good news is I am almost over the Covid.  I have nicknamed my newest saber “Covid” because I got it while I was sick. The red claws remind me of spines and spikes on a virus cell. Hopefully I will fell all better soon so I can start dancing again.

@Cyclops942 thank you so much for being my friend. Also for following, reading and writing on my journal. You helped me not feel shame about how and what I use my sabers for. Have you ever considered doing anything like me with any of yours. (Example Sleeping with them). I am glad you like my photo shoots I post.

Stats (vitals)
Collection so far

Aeon v5 le in SRD with what used to be lite sound and sentinel v5 stunt pommel aka my night pommel, crashing now since I broke it AkA my old night saber

Azure Fallen diamond my main dancing saber

Initiate v2 stunt in orange cannot tell what one
Now with 40in night blade ultra edge heavy grade main sleep saber

Apprentice v5 stunt hot pink purely a daytime and disaster saber

Crimson Dominicide in BR lite sound
My number 2 sleep  saber

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #92 on: November 25, 2022, 05:21:39 PM »

@ANoob, I’m glad you welcome my participation here.  I felt a little awkward at first, especially when I saw you were using this as a journal.  I would not have thought to use a lightsaber as a sleep aid, but the fact that you explained that you’ve suffered from insomnia for a while opened my eyes to new possibilities. I’ve suffered from chronic pain for decades (which has its own issues, and can lead to insomnia as well as other associated symptoms), so I’ve had to expand my horizons when it comes to looking for remedies beyond what is widely accepted.  Not to put too fine a point on it, I’ve tried some “snake-oil” products and home-made remedies from “back up in the holler,” with mostly disappointing results.  So I understand the desperation in trying nearly ANYTHING to solve the problem.

And as far as shame goes, I see no need for feeling that here.  Are you doing things with your sabers that nobody else here (to my knowledge) has said they do with them?  Yes.  So what?  You’re not doing anything with them that I would consider shameful.  Is it different?  Yes, apparently.  But according to an Arby’s ad campaign, “Different is good.”  (Like I said at the time in response to this, “Different CAN be good; it isn’t guaranteed to be good just because it’s different.”) 

I do understand your hesitation, though.  Any time you admit to doing something that you know isn’t widely popular, you run the risk of being ridiculed for it.  I’ve certainly experienced that.  Heck, I wore Vibram FiveFingers to work in an office environment, and had my masculinity questioned simply because of that.  (I still can’t figure that out.)  I’ve been ridiculed countless times, both on the internet and in real life over the years, and it’s never fun, especially if it’s in a community where you want to belong, so I’m glad that didn’t happen to you here.

With respect to me using a saber as a sleep aid, I toss and turn all night even on good nights, and have issues with the blankets and pillow getting in my way, so I wouldn’t want to add anything else to the mix.  I’ve tried a body pillow, for example, or putting a wedge pillow under my knees or behind my back, and not had good results, so I probably would not add a saber.  But it works for you, so keep it up.

And keep posting here if you want; I don’t see anyone rounding up the pitchforks and torches.  LOL

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

ANoob
Knight Templar

« Reply #93 on: November 27, 2022, 05:45:56 AM »

@Cyclops942 that is the nicest thing I have ever read on any of my journals. It reminds me of a scene from my favorite film. I will pm you the link with the time stamp of it. You should probably watch the whole film too because you may just find it interesting and educational about me.  Also as I said before I get sad if nobody reads my journal. My journal and I feel lonely otherwise.

Speaking of those shoes I have a pair of them any they are fun and comfortable. In high school my teacher a male like you had them too. Nothing to be embarrassed about.

I am so sorry about your chronic pain syndrome you suffer from. My father had it too. I also suffer from chronic pain example migraines too. You would love my other site where I used to journal because it is a site for peer support  and medical research for people with medical problems and disabilities. I will pm you a link to it. I have mentioned it before here in this journal.

Stats (vitals)
Collection so far

Aeon v5 le in SRD with what used to be lite sound and sentinel v5 stunt pommel aka my night pommel, crashing now since I broke it AkA my old night saber

My number 2 sleep  saber

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #94 on: November 28, 2022, 11:08:06 PM »

@ANoob, I’m glad you liked the post.  I’ll go check messages.

EDIT:  yeah, chronic pain is a — well, it’s a pain!  LOL  In my case, it’s the result of literally being in the wrong place at the wrong time, but at least I was INSIDE my vehicle when I got hit by the other one, so I’m still around to complain about things.  Like you, I’m finding ways to deal with the issues I face.

ANoob
Knight Templar

« Reply #95 on: December 01, 2022, 03:04:13 PM »

Journal 12/1/22

Having a great time with my newest saber. I like using it with the plush version I made of it. Also my Covid has finally all cleared up. I am very thankful for my newest saber for helping me get through the Covid. On another note today’s weather is projected to be very cold, dark, wet and rainy today. Awful for my seasonal affect disorder. I am looking forward to using my sabers for my seasonal affect disorder.

@Cyclops942 have you finished the film I sent you the link to? Pm your thoughts on it if you are so inclined to do so. I am so glad to have a friend like you.

Stats (vitals)
Collection so far

My number 2 sleep  saber

ANoob
Knight Templar

« Reply #96 on: December 04, 2022, 11:28:24 PM »

Journal 12/4/22

I was going to write earlier but our gardener was blowing leaves when I was just sitting down to write.

I have been sleeping well. I have used a different saber each night for the last few nights. I can’t decide which one is the best. The only one I don’t use is the Apprentice v5 stunt. That saber is my mom’s now.

On the other hand the Insomnia Monster is still haunting my mother. I just love that term @Cyclops942.

Stats (vitals)
Collection so far

My number 2 sleep  saber

ANoob
Knight Templar

« Reply #97 on: December 09, 2022, 05:15:59 AM »

Journal 12/8/22

I was almost tempted to participate in this years cyber Monday raffle and buy more sabers. Thankfully another family member distracted me. I went grocery shopping instead. I am also eyeing a few other non US sabers. One has a very funny name because if you have a dislexic moment and rearrange and swap a few letters you get the word insomnia. Wouldn’t insomnia be a great name for a lightsaber?

Thankfully the Insomnia Monster has not been haunting me or my family the last few days. I am still going strong with my sleep.

Stats (vitals)
Collection so far

My number 2 sleep  saber

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #98 on: December 09, 2022, 08:30:59 AM »

Journal 12/8/22

I was almost tempted to participate in this years cyber Monday raffle and buy more sabers. Thankfully another family member distracted me. I went grocery shopping instead. I am also eyeing a few other non US sabers. One has a very funny name because if you have a dislexic moment and rearrange and swap a few letters you get the word insomnia. Wouldn’t insomnia be a great name for a lightsaber?

Thankfully the Insomnia Monster has not been haunting me or my family the last few days. I am still going strong with my sleep.
Aw if you could afford it maybe you should have =) but I'm not the voice of reason. Everyone looking at my signature would know that xD
It's fine to try other brands. Saber designs are important. Especially if you're looking for the perfect sleep saber.
Insomnia is indeed a great name for a saber. Striking fear in their enemies to the point they lose sleep.

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

ANoob
Knight Templar

« Reply #99 on: December 10, 2022, 09:11:29 PM »

Journal 12/10/22

Had a weird but interesting dream. Emory the Great was in it. That was the sweet part of the dream. The part with The Great was so sweet I almost woke up crying in happiness. Other parts were some similar to other dreams I have had.

@ DarthRondoudou I like your advice. Thanks my friend. I love the term “sleep saber” you use. I know it is ok to try other brands of sabers but from what my dream told me is that I am a loyal US fan. Not to mention being a big fan of the owner who I call the Great. To me how could he not be The Great after all those years of insomnia. I really want to meet him an anime/ComicCon. But after having Covid I am not so sure about going to conventions. I am almost not wanting to go to the big medical convention in 2024 I talk about a lot in this journal. I know I would have the time of my life again at it.

Stats (vitals)
Collection so far

My number 2 sleep  saber

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #100 on: December 11, 2022, 01:43:00 PM »

Journal 12/10/22

Had a weird but interesting dream. Emory the Great was in it. That was the sweet part of the dream. The part with The Great was so sweet I almost woke up crying in happiness. Other parts were some similar to other dreams I have had.

@ DarthRondoudou I like your advice. Thanks my friend. I love the term “sleep saber” you use. I know it is ok to try other brands of sabers but from what my dream told me is that I am a loyal US fan. Not to mention being a big fan of the owner who I call the Great. To me how could he not be The Great after all those years of insomnia. I really want to meet him an anime/ComicCon. But after having Covid I am not so sure about going to conventions. I am almost not wanting to go to the big medical convention in 2024 I talk about a lot in this journal. I know I would have the time of my life again at it.
Well since you got it, you should be better prepared to face it again. I caught it pretty recently myself. I don't know if you're at risk or not, but maybe you should not let that prevent you from things you wish to do. While being careful etc. of course.

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

ANoob
Knight Templar

« Reply #101 on: December 13, 2022, 06:15:02 PM »

Journal 12/13/22

Good news I am finally able to dance without Covid symptoms. My Azure Fallen and my mothers sabers got to go out over the weekend to a party. I impressed a lot of kids with the diamond board.

@DarthRondoudou I am so sorry you got Covid. Hope you are feeling better.

@Cyclops942 I miss you my friend. Hope you are doing well.

Stats (vitals)
Collection so far

My number 2 sleep  saber

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #102 on: December 14, 2022, 03:37:24 PM »

@ANoob, I'm still here... but work actually DOES take priority over fun (sometimes, anyway).

Glad to hear you're recovering, and that your family's arsenal got some time to socialize with the outside world.  That's always fun.

ANoob
Knight Templar

« Reply #103 on: December 17, 2022, 05:04:19 AM »

Journal 12/16/22

I am doing well and there’s not been any insomnia Monster haunting anyone in my household. I can feel the post Covid weakness yesterday when I danced. I used to be able to do multiple songs even over 4 minute ones. Yesterday I did a 2 minute one and I felt winded afterwards. I was in a very warm room and wearing a mask. I did feel go to dance. I want to get back to doing more dancing. Before I did the same dance in the same settings and did not feel week before I had Covid. This time was very different. The people who I danced for I always make their day. The only difference I can remember is that I probably used a different sound font for the dance but the same song.

I also had a nightmare last night that this journal disappeared and people were being mean to me about what I use my sabers for. Someone deleted my journal and there was a scary privet chat about it. People were toying with me and changing my username. I have had something like this happen in real life to me.My dream kept going around in a loop and finally woke myself up from it. Thankfully it was just a nightmare.

Stats (vitals)
Collection so far

My number 2 sleep  saber

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #104 on: December 17, 2022, 06:51:26 PM »

Having your "digital identity" basically kidnapped and tortured DOES sound horrifying!  I'm very glad that was just a nightmare.

Having said that, this forum is a website hosted by someone who does NOT charge us any money for using this, and there is literally no guarantee to us that this is backed up in any way, or that UltraSabers will continue to provide this to us.  I would STRONGLY advise you to download all your posts and keep them somewhere that YOU control the backups.  Whether this is your phone, or your personal device, or even printed-out hardcopies, if you want to be sure that your journal exists somewhere you can access it, then YOU need to make sure that this will happen. 

So far as I know, Emory has never even hinted that SaberForum will go away, but things can change. And what happens if the server farm that hosts SaberForum experiences a disaster (fire, flooding, earthquake, sudden power loss, or any of a number of other things that are bad for hard drives)?  Do YOU know what disaster recovery protocols are in place for that data center?  I sure don't.  I also don't know what frequency or history of backups are available for the forum. 

Again, and I cannot emphasize this enough, if you are concerned about the security and longevity of this journal, then the responsibility for keeping a copy falls on YOU.  Somehow, some way, you need to figure out how to keep a copy of this accessible to you.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: