Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 915   Go Down
Author Topic: (im)Patiently waiting for my new _______!!!  (Read 2142693 times)
Darth Ryga
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -28

The Empire is war made manifest

« Reply #2700 on: February 15, 2014, 04:44:22 AM »

Mine was supposed to have been delivered already, but of course with all the snow that has not been possible.

So I contacted Fedex, and they assured me that I could pick it up this afternoon... if I could get there, that is.

I cannot express in words how excited I was. All I needed to do was find a way to get my car down the long driveway and eventually to the remote country road that I live on... and then hope that enough of the snow on the road had melted so that I could get to the highway. After well over an hour of shoveling and very careful driving, I finally made it to the highway. Free at last...

Now, because the Fedex center is about an hour from my location (not counting the time it took to get through all the snow), I made absolutely sure that I could indeed pick it up, and the Fedex guy guaranteed it, saying that he had placed a hold on the package, and that it would definitely be there waiting for me when I arrived.

So I drove all afternoon through traffic, nearly getting killed by a lunatic in a pickup truck who ran a red light (the drivers here in North Carolina are about as smart as your average potato... quite the culture shock when I moved down here), and when I finally got to the Fedex center... guess what?

They said that they could not give me the package. It was there, but no one had placed a hold on it, and while I was driving there it was apparently loaded onto a truck with no possibility of it being retrieved. An attempt at delivery will supposedly be made tomorrow, but I most likely will not be here to sign for it, and with all the snow there is no possible way that the driver will even attempt to get up my steep driveway anyway. Wonderful. Could my luck get any worse at this point? My saber travels a few thousand miles across the country, I get within 100 feet of the damn thing, but I can't get my hands on it thanks to freak weather and a bumbling corporate bureaucracy.

I made the long drive home totally furious, having wasted my time and effort for absolutely nothing. Needless to say, I am having some VERY strong Dark Side feelings right about now. UltraSabers did a great job of getting my order completed quickly, but thanks to the incompetent bean counters at Fedex it could be a while before I actually see the saber.  Angry

All you will need to do is put your signature on a piece of paper or a post-it note, stating that you are authorizing this signature for FedEx, so that they will be able to leave it at your front door. I work overnight, so I am most likely sleeping when FedEx ever makes a delivery. So for anything that requires a sig, I was told by FedEx that I can just leave my signature on the door, and they accept that. Hope that helps Smiley

Sabers w/Sound, A/V's, RP's and QD's(Where Applicable):
Reaper,Dark Shock(2),Consular,Manticore,SS Raven,Archon V2.1,Graflex CE,Scorpion,Dark Prophecy V3(2),Dominix LE V3,Chosen One CE,NP Guardian (Emrld),Dominix LE V4,Dark Apprentice V4
Free Promotional Sabers:
Aeon V3,Dark Standard,Aeon V2,Raven,Sentinel V4,Initiate V3,Initiate LE V3

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2030

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #2701 on: February 15, 2014, 06:35:30 AM »

Nice. Can't wait to see your saber. My costume shipped today finally so I'm good. Tongue Just hope the snow in the east don't hold it up too long.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Darth Obvious
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -44

« Reply #2702 on: February 15, 2014, 06:36:36 AM »

All you will need to do is put your signature on a piece of paper or a post-it note, stating that you are authorizing this signature for FedEx, so that they will be able to leave it at your front door. I work overnight, so I am most likely sleeping when FedEx ever makes a delivery. So for anything that requires a sig, I was told by FedEx that I can just leave my signature on the door, and they accept that. Hope that helps Smiley

Yeah, eventually I might have to. As I stated, though, they won't come up my driveway tomorrow anyway (which is why I was trying to pick it up), so they won't see the door. I'll have to wait until Monday for their next excuse as to why they are incompetent and cannot deliver my package.

The last time I had to use FedEx, I could see them from the top of my driveway. The guy pulled right up to my mailbox, stopped, and then he just drove away. I never got an explanation; all I know is that they never deliver anything to me on time. There's always a problem, and they've never once accepted responsibility.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 07:01:19 AM by Darth Obvious » Logged

Trisha Jinn
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 13

Keeper of the Truth

« Reply #2703 on: February 15, 2014, 02:25:06 PM »

Finally the Bellicose is back and I could place our offhand-order :p

A Dominix V3 LE in AS for myself and the Bellicose in AS for my sister. With the 15% off we saved the shipping costs and even some cents more :p
I really hope they got my covertec placement right where I want it.

Proud owner of a CG Consular... hmm... looks somehow like the one of my fa... - nevermind.
Seconds Saber: Dominix V3 LE in AS - made red.

Keeping the Truth

DustinD18
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #2704 on: February 16, 2014, 04:46:40 AM »

My first sounded saber came this morning, the arbiter! It only took 2 days! I can say anyone who is on the fence about sound... Go for it, it's awesome the sound font customization is excellent!

My Sabers:
-Grab Bag Dark Standard Issue in Fire Orange w/ archon pommel
-Consular (stunt) in Cosular Green
-Arbiter w/ sound in Dark Violet Amethyst and Orange AV switch... Now a custom crossguard saber with spike pommels on the sides.
-Custom MHS  stunt saber in violet amethyst
-Custom MHS saber with sound in CG and BR

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #2705 on: February 16, 2014, 04:20:21 PM »

Finally the Bellicose is back and I could place our offhand-order :p

A Dominix V3 LE in AS for myself and the Bellicose in AS for my sister. With the 15% off we saved the shipping costs and even some cents more :p
I really hope they got my covertec placement right where I want it.
Didn't you want to wait for the next raffle? Tongue Well, might be better ordering now, maybe the Bellicose is out of stock again when it comes to a new raffle ^^ And I think your CW will be placed correctly, it's quite easy to describe it with the Aeon/Dominix grooves ^^

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Jedi_Dragonrider
Knight Officer

"The Force is strong with this one!"

« Reply #2706 on: February 19, 2014, 12:32:20 AM »

Muhaha!! The addiction has been fed! I just ordered my second saber, or my first saber-staff, or two sabers and a coupler… however you want to look at it. I got the Phantasm V3 Initiate w/o sound in Guardian Blue w/ 32" UltraEdge heavy-grade blades. I also ordered a pair of Catalyst pommels to use when dual wielding and a grab bag heavy-grade blade for my first saber. The mid-grade blade is great for spinning but I don't think it will stand up to real impacts, which I plan on doing. I just hope the weather stays nice and the Fed Ex people are fast.  Smiley

give me points based or YOUR alignment, pleases.

The 97th Acolyte
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 93

Member of the Red Jedi Order

« Reply #2707 on: February 19, 2014, 12:43:45 AM »

Muhaha!! The addiction has been fed! I just ordered my second saber, or my first saber-staff, or two sabers and a coupler… however you want to look at it. I got the Phantasm V3 Initiate w/o sound in Guardian Blue w/ 32" UltraEdge heavy-grade blades. I also ordered a pair of Catalyst pommels to use when dual wielding and a grab bag heavy-grade blade for my first saber. The mid-grade blade is great for spinning but I don't think it will stand up to real impacts, which I plan on doing. I just hope the weather stays nice and the Fed Ex people are fast.  Smiley

Sounds awesome. Good luck with shipping times!

I'm thinking of going for a Raven on Thursday when the ebay auction for the Monarch ends... Because I've wanted one since I first discovered US, but its been outta stock... Depends what's on Deal of the day though. Roll on Thursday!

Raven VA - FOC Silver
Shock - FO
Manticore R+B Emerald
Dominix LE v3 - PO
Initiate LE v3 - AS
Liberator v3 Staff - SRD + CG
Dominix v2 Staff - RGB + BR

The Countess - Curved Custom
-
Behind the strangest of pretences can lie the best of things...

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #2708 on: February 19, 2014, 07:01:35 AM »

Sounds awesome. Good luck with shipping times!

I'm thinking of going for a Raven on Thursday when the ebay auction for the Monarch ends... Because I've wanted one since I first discovered US, but its been outta stock... Depends what's on Deal of the day though. Roll on Thursday!

That's the best thing one can do with a Monarch, eBay it.  Tongue

Good luck with the Raven coming back in stock.

The 97th Acolyte
Knight Commander

« Reply #2709 on: February 19, 2014, 11:37:59 AM »

Its a shame really, because I really like the Nickel finish on said Monarch... But I don't like the Monarch. Justone of those things I guess. Tongue

Raven VA - FOC Silver
Shock - FO
Manticore R+B Emerald
Dominix LE v3 - PO
Initiate LE v3 - AS

-

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #2710 on: February 19, 2014, 12:44:39 PM »

Ah, I wondered if that was your Monarch up for sale, Acolyte. It looks thinner than I imagined it would.

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

The 97th Acolyte
Knight Commander

« Reply #2711 on: February 19, 2014, 01:05:52 PM »

Yeah James, I think mines the one you're seeing. I was surprised about that... It's thin in places but really thick just before the blade screw, and down the bottom. Kinda weird to hold. xD

Raven VA - FOC Silver
Shock - FO
Manticore R+B Emerald
Dominix LE v3 - PO
Initiate LE v3 - AS

-

Jedi_Dragonrider
Knight Officer

« Reply #2712 on: February 19, 2014, 07:49:24 PM »

My first saber was the dark monarch, and I love it! The variation of girth you speak of give it (IMO) I very regal look as well as a superb grip. If you don't like the monarch, don't buy it, and leave some in stock for those of us who do love the monarch for its distinct look and feel.

Aurick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 137

« Reply #2713 on: February 19, 2014, 07:54:55 PM »

Many that have and don't like them won them in raffles or got them as grab bags I think.

Anywho I'm waiting for my dang reward points to come through for my video..... So far it's been 4 days.... Sometimes because there so fast with everything it makes a normal wait feel forever haha

Liberator V3 VA
Dominix V3 GB
Dark Iniatiate V2 LE in FO (sons)
Iniatiate V2 in SRD (daughters)
Dark initiate V3 LE in CG (daughters)
Archon V2.1 CG/FO
Dark shock (emerald) custom
Standard Issue in CG
Dominix V2 LE in BR

Jedi_Dragonrider
Knight Officer

« Reply #2714 on: February 19, 2014, 08:04:47 PM »

I had to wait 2 weeks for my points to be awarded for my review video. I think it's one of those things that gets pushed to the back burner, not a priority, but a bonus. My understanding is that they are fairly liberal with their point awarding, it just takes a minute.

Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 915   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: