Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 238   Go Down
Author Topic: People you find attractive  (Read 977881 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #1545 on: February 04, 2017, 04:56:10 PM »

{no tone, just explaining views}

To further draw on your parallel...when you see said sporting event, are you capable of admiring the skill of the players, or being awed by a spectacular play? Same kind of thing. Just because I can appreciate what I'm seeing doesn't particularly mean I want to.......participate. Roll Eyes But I also understand that there are varying levels of interest in various subjects for many people. I find it hard to conceive how/why anyone would spend that much time on an event that they're not even a part of. But then there are those who equally question my obsession with SW. Same same.
If man were able to figure out what women find attractive and more importantly why, he'd be able to solve any problem set before him. Wink

Apologies, I just saw this post.  Since I have no interest and therefore little knowledge of it, I can not readily identify any skill(s) they are using...in fact to my eyes I don't see that it takes much skill beyond physical fitness.  To clarify I know on an academic level it requires skill but I could not identify them.  Looking at a football game to me is no different than watching paint dry.  So, with men  I see  nothing to identify them as attractive..they just are. 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #1546 on: February 04, 2017, 09:19:04 PM »

Cameron Diaz in her first movie role. Almost as good as Jessica Rabbit (but not quite on the same level
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfjuZVG4wGM" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfjuZVG4wGM</a>

Incidentally, i have just realised why Calon gives a "meh" to most posts; most of everyone else's picks haven't appeared in a comic book movie or tv show! Grin Bit of a limited world view, but hopefully will be expanded upon as he gets older.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #1547 on: February 05, 2017, 12:06:03 AM »

Incidentally, i have just realised why Calon gives a "meh" to most posts; most of everyone else's picks haven't appeared in a comic book movie or tv show! Grin Bit of a limited world view, but hopefully will be expanded upon as he gets older.

You're not the only person to say I only watch comic book stuff. It's not at all true and is starting to annoy me.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #1548 on: February 05, 2017, 12:41:41 AM »

You're not the only person to say I only watch comic book stuff. It's not at all true and is starting to annoy me.
That's what happens when you "meh" too much

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #1549 on: February 05, 2017, 12:41:58 AM »

Seeing as how we are all only acquainted  through the power of the Internet and not in real life, we can only go on what we are given.  I have no doubt it isn't true, but what you have presented us is that picture of someone who is not well versed in entertainment outside Comic films.  None of this is meant to chastise or put you down in anyway so please do not take it as such.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #1550 on: February 05, 2017, 12:43:58 AM »

Seeing as how we are all only acquainted  through the power of the Internet and not in real life, we can only go on what we are given.  I have no doubt it isn't true, but what you have presented us is that picture of someone who is not well versed in entertainment outside Comic films.  None of this is meant to chastise or put you down in anyway so please do not take it as such.
This too

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #1551 on: February 05, 2017, 01:00:10 AM »

I'm not taking any offense, and its certainly true that I'm not well versed in entertainment. But that's because of age. You can watch a ton of movies in one year, so think how many that is when you guys have 20-30 on me.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #1552 on: February 05, 2017, 01:06:08 AM »

I'm not taking any offense, and its certainly true that I'm not well versed in entertainment. But that's because of age. You can watch a ton of movies in one year, so think how many that is when you guys have 20-30 on me.

Yes and no....by the time I was your age I had seen countless films from the Silent Era all the way to the current ones at the time. 

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #1553 on: February 05, 2017, 01:14:32 AM »

Yes and no....by the time I was your age I had seen countless films from the Silent Era all the way to the current ones at the time. 

How often did you watch a movie?

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #1554 on: February 05, 2017, 01:16:54 AM »

Plus various 80s tv shows (and reruns of 70s ones)

How often did you watch a movie?
Dont forget, the internet didn't exist back then. So all the time that people spend online these days could be taken up by watching movies/tv, reading comics/books etc

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #1555 on: February 05, 2017, 01:28:24 AM »

Plus various 80s tv shows (and reruns of 70s ones)
Dont forget, the internet didn't exist back then. So all the time that people spend online these days could be taken up by watching movies/tv, reading comics/books etc

All This ^   Back in the day my friend there were these magical places called "Video Stores" Tongue  Every Friday my family and I would go and pick out at least 5 films and watch them during the weekend..in between Saturday morning cartoons and any chores we had.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #1556 on: February 05, 2017, 01:32:28 AM »

Yeah that would help. I spend a lot more time these days streaming tv shows than watching movies. So I could watch anywhere between 0 and 5 movies a week. Normally closer to 1 or 2.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #1557 on: February 05, 2017, 01:41:52 AM »

All This ^   Back in the day my friend there were these magical places called "Video Stores" Tongue  Every Friday my family and I would go and pick out at least 5 films and watch them during the weekend..in between Saturday morning cartoons and any chores we had.
^^^^^^ Yep. This.

Summer holidays from school were spent watching at least 8 hours of tv a day (coupled with a few hours spent playing football with my friends outside). That's 56 hours to tv shows and movies (both on tv and rented) a week. For 7 weeks straight. That is why I am so glad I grew up in during the video rental generation. I think streaming gives people too much choice sometimes and they occasionally get overwhelmed and are unsure where to start.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #1558 on: February 05, 2017, 01:47:41 AM »

^^^^^^ Yep. This.

Summer holidays from school were spent watching at least 8 hours of tv a day (coupled with a few hours spent playing football with my friends outside). That's 56 hours to tv shows and movies (both on tv and rented) a week. For 7 weeks straight. That is why I am so glad I grew up in during the video rental generation. I think streaming gives people too much choice sometimes and they occasionally get overwhelmed and are unsure where to start.

Agreed..it is baffling that people now have almost unlimited access to things...but waste it I feel.   I watched tv and movies, played video games...AND went outside.   I do feel for the younger generation though.  I read somewhere the average US student spends 3 hours a night on homework...I had an Hours worth...top.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #1559 on: February 05, 2017, 01:56:01 AM »

Agreed..it is baffling that people now have almost unlimited access to things...but waste it I feel.   I watched tv and movies, played video games...AND went outside.   I do feel for the younger generation though.  I read somewhere the average US student spends 3 hours a night on homework...I had an Hours worth...top.
I had about 2 hours worth, but that's probably because I went to a private school. Plus sports practice/competing, music lessons, hanging out with friends, doing "outside" stuff AND watching loads of tv and movies and playing video games. Good times. No internet.  Grin

Anyway, back on topic:

Rebecca Holden (April from Knight Rider)

Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 238   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: