Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: New Option: Recharge Ports  (Read 29094 times)
Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 701

« on: November 08, 2012, 07:07:04 AM »

Check out this video for more information:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZOQMnBR2Mg" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZOQMnBR2Mg</a>

Info from FAQ:

RECHARGE PORTS ARE NOT COMPATIBLE WITH STANDARD SETUP.  Do NOT select a Recharge Port with Standard Setup.

A recharge port allows you to charge the batteries in your saber without having to remove the batteries.  It is a port added to the exterior of the saber that you simply plug our provided charger into.  You can still remove the batteries from the saber to charge them in a battery charger or you can charge your batteries in your saber through the recharge port without having to remove them.

A kill key stops the flow of current/power/electricity to your lightsaber.  There is a constant current draw on high powered LEDs and soundboards even when your lightsaber is turned off.  This current draw is minimal, especially with the Obsidian USB soundboard, this current draw is nearly non-existent.  However, if you would like to take that constant current draw from nearly non-existent to completely non-existent then a kill key would allow you to do that.  When the kill key or your charger are plugged into the recharge port the flow of current is completely "killed."  This also means you CANNOT operate your lightsaber while it is plugged into the charger or while the kill key is inserted.  If you would like to be able to turn your lightsaber on while it was plugged in then select do not select the kill key option.  I personally highly recommend not getting the kill key.  They are not useful and they actually take functionality away from the saber.  Recharge Ports alone however are GREAT investments and add a ton of functionality to your Ultrasaber.

The 0.2A Charger provides enough current to charge your batteries in a few hours while your saber is OFF.  If your saber is on, it requires more current than the 0.2A Charger is providing and the batteries will be draining instead of charging.  If you wish to leave your lightsaber on for an extended period of time (overnight, days, weeks, etc) then the 0.2A charger will not provide enough power for this type of operation.  It is solely used to charge the batteries while the saber is off.

The 1.2A Charger provides enough current to charge your lightsaber quickly.  It can also be used to keep your lightsaber on for extended periods.  With a 1.2A charger plugged into your recharge port (without a kill key) your lightsaber can be left on indefinitely (overnight, days, weeks, etc) without cutting off or draining the batteries.  This is great for keeping your lightsaber on display.

A red light on your charger means the batteries are not fully charged yet.  A green light on your charger means the batteries are fully charged.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 09:18:19 AM by Deep » Logged

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

Darth Rifter
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -200

Darth Rifter and Jedi Keldor...Darn it I forgot.

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 07:12:27 AM »

yay, what a great new addition. This gives me ideas of having the recharge port be in the covertec wheel, or even have the covertec wheel be the kill key.

Solinus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -209

Black Star Sabers

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 07:12:45 AM »

Hey Deep, thanks for the news. You guys there are doing a GREAT job at keeping on top of technology and offering your customers the best possible options at the best possible prices with the same customer service and reliability you are known for.

Great job and thank you.

Oh and BTW: I SEE A MANTICORE!

Control your fear. Give in to your hate. Let it guide you along the path and soon you shall find yourself... home.

**Dark Side points appreciated.**

JdiKnhtJMH
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 262

Jedi Weapons Master

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 07:22:43 AM »

That looks awesome, I'm going to have to get it on my bellicose when I order it.

Arsenal with Obsidian Sound And Silver Flash on Clash:

Kylo Ren Flamberge, Dark War Glaive, Reaper w/ Dornian pommel, Bane, Menace, Vader Prophecy, Darth Sidious Initiate V4
Dorinian, Obi Wan ROTS Archon, Regal Mantis, Spectre, Anakin AOTC Prophecy
Consular, Dark Shock, Yoda Initiate, Luke ROTJ Archon, Kit Fisto Menace
RGB: Bellicose Staff, Raven, Manticore Staff, Emerald Catalyst
Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 07:47:03 AM »

I and my many destroyed batteries thank you. I see a need to begin saving funds for the mailing in of old sabers to upgrade. HURRAY! Hurray for not accidentally destroying my batteries anymore! Grin

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 11:24:23 AM »

Of course, I get three new sabers and THEN you release this.

I'm with Manroon. Guess I'll have to start saving up for upgrades... AGAIN!

Cheers.

Rajen
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 28

Is the Dark Side stronger? No. Quicker, easier...

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 11:42:39 AM »

Sorry if I've missed it somewhere but, are existing sabers able to be fitted with the recharge port, or only new sabers? ie can we send in sabers for an upgrade to a recharge port. And if so, how much might that cost?

Find Peace in Emotion
Seek Knowledge from Ignorance
Feel Serenity in Passion
See Harmony in Chaos
Know the Force in Death
- Rajen Dusk's reflections on the Code

(Light side please if you're willing)

Oramac
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -256

Dark Side, please. I like the cookies.

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 01:39:57 PM »

I was thinking this would be a great addition the other day, and here it is!  You guys must be psychic.  Or maybe the Force really is strong with y'all.

I give stealth points.  You may get one without ever knowing it! Muwahaha!

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red/AS FOC [or FO/VA FOC]
Initiate v3 with Obsidian - Blazing Red
Initiate v3 - Consular

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2012, 03:54:49 PM »

I was wondering if I could send in my Bellicose for an in hilt re-charge upgrade. Would be so much nicer for me. Thanks. =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 268

" Kind hearted jerk"

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2012, 04:29:51 PM »

yay for recharge ports!!!

"Corellians... no wonder the other Jedi didn't want you leaving your system."
"The rest of you were just afraid we wouldn't leave anything for you to do after we were done."
Luke & Corran (I,J)

tangoprime
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2012, 06:28:04 PM »

Sorry if I've missed it somewhere but, are existing sabers able to be fitted with the recharge port, or only new sabers? ie can we send in sabers for an upgrade to a recharge port. And if so, how much might that cost?

I'm interested to know as well, I'd love to send my SI v3 in to have a recharge port added and pick up a 1.2A.

Sabers:
CG Liberator V3  grabbag Smiley
DVA Standard Issue w/ sound
BR Dark Initiate V3
MR Vader + Anakin ROTS

May the force set you free.

Abraxus
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -32

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2012, 01:09:08 AM »

This was my most high priority wish from UltraSabers, and now that has been granted.  My second wish was for the Manticore to be released for purchase by anyone, so this has been a REALLY good day on the saber front for me!

My Collection
------------
Dark Prophecy (Consular Green)
Archon V2 (Blazing Red/Arctic Blue)
Raven (Violet Amethyst)
Initiate V3 (Guardian Blue)

Vyk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 156

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2012, 01:43:10 AM »

The idea of replacing the idle hum with something like ocean waves is really clever.  With an RGB saber, you could have fun with various mood lighting, too.  Only problem will be explaining to my wife why it's perfectly reasonable for me to hang a constantly-running saber on our living-room wall...

Yoda of Borg am I! Assimilated shall you be! Futile resistance is, hmm?

Dominix LE v4 Emerald RGBW, Obsidian v4
Manticore HP, Obsidian v4
Aeon LE v3 SY, Hasbro sound
Initiate LE v3 3AS, Obsidian Lite
Dominix LE v2 RGB, stunt
Aeon LE v2 AS, Hasbro sound
Initiate LE v2 GB, stunt
Dark Liberator v2 BR, stunt
[censored] RGBA, [redacted] sound
Luke Skywalker, Kylo Ren, and Yoda Force FX Black Series
...and a bunch of cheap stuff.

Shokengou311
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2012, 02:49:02 AM »

is there anyway we can get close up shots, or just a better idea of how the port looks in general? just curious I couldn't get a good idea of how it looked from the video.

Thanks

Oramac
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -256

Dark Side, please. I like the cookies.

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2012, 02:58:38 AM »

The idea of replacing the idle hum with something like ocean waves is really clever.  With an RGB saber, you could have fun with various mood lighting, too.  Only problem will be explaining to my wife why it's perfectly reasonable for me to hang a constantly-running saber on our living-room wall...

Where doth thou obtain thine ocean fonts? 

Seriously, that's actually a really damn cool idea.  Point.

I give stealth points.  You may get one without ever knowing it! Muwahaha!

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red/AS FOC [or FO/VA FOC]
Initiate v3 with Obsidian - Blazing Red
Initiate v3 - Consular

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: