Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Powerball  (Read 6045 times)
RevanChrist
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 94

« on: November 28, 2012, 04:07:31 PM »

500 MILLION
FIVE HUNDRED MILLION
5 HUNDRED million
No matter how you see it or say it it clearly translates to us as
 THATS A BUTTLOAD OF SABERS! for everyone.
Ok lets have some fun.
What would you do with
5 HUNDRED MILLION?
Me? Ok i did start this
1st have of the net winnings would go into trusts for my daughters education. Only to be tapped to cover tutition/books and a stipend for incidentals. Only the needed amounts to de withdrawn.

Oh caveat,,oh honey you dont want to go to college?
FIne you dont get SH*T until youre 40.
There is about 350 acres near me I have been dreaming of owning for awhile now. Yeah I d own it. BUild a bad assed log cabin, buy a tractor learn to farm,
Hunt fish and fornicate till i die.

Oh and buy every untrasaber i could get my freeking hands on.

your turn

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."
Uh General Solo, I disagree.

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 04:19:39 PM »

All the teachers in my school pooled together and bought 102 tickets. That's 510 chances. Not too shabby.

If I win even a fraction of the grand prize I'm paying off all of my families debts, setting aside a giant portion for my retirement (swiss bank account baby). Considering that the prize is $500mil and only about 25 teachers got in on it I'd walk away after taxes with something around 10 million. Again, debts paid, Master's and Doctorate paid. Grandparents retirement paid and parents retirement paid.

Remainder for my retirement and I'd probably take $500k to just have fun with. Maybe fund government research into real lightsabers! Nah jk, Ultrasabers are better!  Tongue

RevanChrist
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 04:33:34 PM »

Now that you mention it I would probably go back to school, or at least make a nice contribution to Texas A&M,,,nah I d go back. Sngle + money + young chicks = failing grades, so yeah maybe just toss a couple hundred thou to the football program.

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 04:46:00 PM »

Hmm with that amount I would finish college and get educated on business. Then would team up with Disney and build a small starwars resort that includes a hotel, dojo and gym so families and hardcore stalwarts fans could relax and have fun. Plus I would rent out space to saber smiths and costume designers so they could sell their products.

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 05:14:17 PM »

$500 million eh?

If you read the fine print at the Powerball site, you’ll see that you only get the full $500 million if you’re the only player to match all six balls and you agree to take the payout in 30 inflation adjusted payments over 29 years. If you’re the sole winner and want all your money now, you’ll get a $327.4 million payout  Undecided

So after taxes I am looking at $213 million...am I sucking all the fun out of the question...sorry, trying to take it seriously.

So $213 million up front after taxes...I would take the 30 payments but you can not leave the payments to others, so if you were to pass your family would get nothing further...wah wah waaaaaahhhh.

I will take the $213 million.

First off I would not tell anyone, not even my wife.

I would hire a reputable legal team to work out my details...those details being that go about changing our last name, getting all new IDs, or at least erasing our footprint, etc...then once it was all done...I would gather everyone around (keep in mind my kids are all adults...in one month they will be 25, 21, 19, 18) and let them know that we won the lottery...each kid would have an account with $250k but a daily cash limit of $1000 (no exceptions...this would help prevent impulse buying) and let them know that at on Christmas of each year we will match whatever amount of money is in their account but that would be it, and that same day I and my wife would walk away from where we currently live, just drive off into the sunset.

Once out of sight with new ID's, bills all paid, etc. I would think we would have $211,500,000+ left.

Next day invest $175 million into a diversified very low to no risk package...roll over the interest.

So that is $36.5 million...my wife and I would split it down the middle.

She is a bit crazy and carefree with money and I suspect this would not change, so I would hire a financial consultant for her...also a daily cash limit of $3,000 and credit purchases of $10,000 per day...she knows she is whack with money so would be ok with it lol.

Of course I would have to accept the same restrictions or as the Swedish say nomorenookie ah!

So I have $18.25 million give or take, for mad money.

$18.25 million eh?

$15 million right out the gate, committed to a theme hotel...small in retrospect, 50-60 rooms max...the theme would be like Moon Base Alpha Base I and II

With a handful of themed vehicles and pods that are science (science fiction) related activities...figuring out puzzles, dealing with an alien green slime, robot arm putting the radioactive isotope into a container, etc.

Movie theater, under ground water tubes that go through the camp so you can float through the whole of it, etc.

A full time dojo, making videos of training everyday...a Jedi temple  Smiley

Light side points please Smiley

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 04:14:36 AM »

That kind of money... wow, it's really just too much to comprehend spending.  I will say that the Lafayette Fencing Team will be well-funded for a very long time... Wink

Apart from that, about the same plan as Artorius - save some away, invest some, give some to friends and family, and keep a nice chunk to play with.  Oh, and definitely giving to some charities too!  The New York Aquarium could use some...

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012, 04:31:02 AM »

Once the dust settles, I would look for places to invest...a couple scholarships paid with the reoccurring interest each year, creative writing most likely... Grin

A couple of youth boot camps might be worthwhile, work with at risk teens in critical areas, most likely with some state help, a bootstrap program.

Who knows?

Big money it seems tends to sway even the true at heart. 

Light side points please Smiley

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2012, 07:12:57 AM »

I would live inside of a cozy house and have a huge game room with a ton of TV's. A game console would be hooked up to each TV. I would have an NES, an SNES, an N64, A Sega Genesis, A Sega Saturn, my Sega Dreamcast, my Gamecube, a PS1, a PS2, a PS3, my Xbox 360, an original Xbox, and a Wii. I would also have book shelves stuffed with games for each console.

I'll also finally get one of those awesome tempur-pedic beds Grin I'll throw in an indoor gym as well, nothing fancy, but just a small work-out area with everything I need.

So there isn't really much I would spend it on, other than all that. I'm not a huge spender; never have been. That game room would be the one thing I would spend lavishly on.

Though I would also start running my own restaurant that'll serve food to anyone for whatever amount they want to spend, so virtually anyone can eat there. Anyone can also eat free if they are willing to volunteer. I'll also give veterans and anyone serving in any branch of the military a free meal without having to volunteer and offer them jobs there as well. BOO-YA. Same goes for musicians and other artists, since they deserve the free meal just as much as the military does. Most of them live in poverty and suffer for their art.

RevanChrist
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2012, 01:19:08 PM »

@*&%@*&$#%*&(!@&$%&*#&*&!!!

didnt hit it ,,back to the grind.

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2012, 02:38:02 PM »

Currently waiting for the Joplin, MO person to come forward.  I have friends there that owe me money.  Might be a good time to collect and ask for interest!!!!

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2012, 03:12:54 PM »

If I had won I would have bought two houses, one for me(with A LOT of land) and one for my parents. Also 7 new cars and pickup truck, one of the cars and the truck for me, one for Mom, one for Dad, one for my sisters each, one for my brother, and one for my Grammy and Poppy. Aw heck, make it 8, then my aunt and uncle can have one too. Then I'd go to college, see if I can't get into Harvard or something!(Maybe the lure of cash up front would get them to let me in.)

I, like Rel's wife, have a bit of a spending issue at times. So after furnishing my new home, I'd put the rest in the bank with a daily spending/withdrawal limit of $2,000. Gotta prevent those impulse buys.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

RevanChrist
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2012, 03:17:25 PM »

IF i had been lucky enough,, all BS aside I would set it all up intrusts for my kids and paid myself around 250,000 a year to manage the trusts. I too would impose several restrictions upon self to make damn sure i would have ended up on the "lotto winners gone broke" list.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2012, 06:48:37 PM »

I'd pay for Morgan Freeman to narrate my life.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

RevanChrist
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2012, 06:56:25 PM »

MOrgan? NAH I'd get a Steve Sabol (RIP) type, sports to do mine.

RogueLeader
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 162

Apathy is death?...meh, I don't care

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2012, 10:34:27 PM »

YAY full ride through college

Other than that, I'd probably buy a car, a couple computers, put some in savings, give a chunk to charity, and then go shopping. Grin

I have a Sith's opinion of the Jedi and a Jedi's opinion of the Sith.

Light side points pl

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: