Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Author Topic: I finally did it.  (Read 13635 times)
TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2013, 07:41:46 PM »

@Nero. Is it fine to stretch before a jog as well? Also, I do enjoy cooking, but my mom has absolutely insane OCD and gets super paranoid when other people mess around in the kitchen  Undecided Oh, and I already do take a vitamin D supplement. Been doing that for about a year now.

@Genkaku Sho'Shyk. Well, I try my best not to over-eat or under-eat. I guess if my diet is okay than I'll just keep it the way it is. Also, I have no idea how many calories I burn after I work out.

Well, I drank 9 cups of water last night, but it was throughout the course of the day.

Also, is jogging in the morning then doing a workout afterwards enough for one day? I know you said a little exercise is fine, but I feel as if its not enough. It probably is though....

As far as the workouts go, I do abs one day (obliques, lower abs, upper abs, etc), then I do triceps, biceps, and chest the next day, and I'm planning on doing legs after that. I haven't been doing that, but I guess I should.

Still, once college starts up again, I'll only have enough time to jog in the morning, then I'll have to do the workouts later in the day. When would be a good time to do those?

RevanChrist
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 94

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2013, 08:00:05 PM »

Some swear by early AM workouts ( hand goes up) for the following reasons,
One you dont have to think too hard that early just do.
Two your body isnt tired from a full day or work school etc. A bunch of peeps use this excuse.
THree lack of traffic. be it in the gym or on the road.
and for me personally I got used to doing in when i was active duty so it just works.
Some o fthe benefits are When I do get to work im more alert/attentive. my coworkers are all bleary eyed. So i get an edge there.
The showers at the gym are cleaned as I work out so I feel better about using them than I would if I went during lunch or after work.

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."
Uh General Solo, I disagree.

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2013, 08:22:26 PM »

Good points Smiley

Genkaku Sho`shyk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 141

only the force, nothing more, nothing less

« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2013, 08:45:56 PM »

i would say this..
start with some stretches to loosen up,
 (im heading up to my work now to film them now as well as a few other exercises if i have the time^.^)
jog for 5 minutes.. straight... no stopping.. have a few sips of water.. dont chug it down that will hinder you..
rest for 30 sec.
then do some leg lunges, 5-6 steps in one direction, then turn and go the other direction.. do this 2 times. try to get as low on the back knee as you can without losing balance, both arms relaxed at your sides, and keep your head and back straight up.. dont lean forward as this can strain your back... also, dont force yourself farther then your body tells you it can go.. but try to get that LITTLE bit extra...

rest for 20 seconds and then do another exercise if you have the time.. but this little bit will help you get that cardio pumping.. and the leg lunges will help with your own center of balance... as well as strengthen your legs for more endurance and ease of movement for the forms in saber combat

i will have some footage for you all tonight.. see in a few hours

Darth Kitsune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -236

There is no Peace, there is only Passion...

« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2013, 11:41:17 PM »

If you have access to a local gym, I would suggest doing some cardio at it for about an hour or two every other day or on a small schedule at least.

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2013, 02:27:17 AM »

Thanks again guys Smiley

Genkaku Sho`shyk
Knight Commander

« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2013, 03:30:33 AM »

ok, so the video i shot is all messed up.. not sure what happened.. i will have a video tomorrow.. i work again anyways lol

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2013, 07:11:01 PM »

ok, so the video i shot is all messed up.. not sure what happened.. i will have a video tomorrow.. i work again anyways lol

No problem Smiley Take your time.

Well, I can proudly say that I jogged every day this week, so far. That's something I've never been able to do before. Now I just need to keep it up.

BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2013, 07:13:23 PM »

No problem Smiley Take your time.

Well, I can proudly say that I jogged every day this week, so far. That's something I've never been able to do before. Now I just need to keep it up.

Good job man, I'm glad to hear that you're doing this!

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2013, 07:17:11 PM »

Good job man, I'm glad to hear that you're doing this!

Thanks Smiley I'm glad too. I need this. Unfortunately, I over-ate last night, but mistakes happen I guess.

Genkaku Sho`shyk
Knight Commander

« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2013, 11:36:35 PM »

when its so good you eat yourself to a balloon... its just compliments to the chef

Ricos
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -48

“I find your lack of faith disturbing.”

« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2013, 11:53:43 PM »

Bellicose DVA...Obsidian
Overlord BR...Obsidian
Overlord BR
Dominix LE v3 CG
Dark Initiate v2 GB...son
Initiate LE v3 CG...nephew
Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 AS...son

Oramac
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -256

Dark Side, please. I like the cookies.

« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2013, 12:03:15 AM »

Thanks Smiley I'm glad too. I need this. Unfortunately, I over-ate last night, but mistakes happen I guess.

Way to go!  Not so much the over eating, but the jogging!  Though, depending on who you listen to, over eating isn't nearly as bad as it's made out to be.

I give stealth points.  You may get one without ever knowing it! Muwahaha!

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red/AS FOC [or FO/VA FOC]
Initiate v3 with Obsidian - Blazing Red
Initiate v3 - Consular

Genkaku Sho`shyk
Knight Commander

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2013, 01:18:13 AM »

I over eat sushi once every now and the ... Its not good... But oh, was it SOOO GOOD! Lol

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2013, 01:49:23 AM »

Way to go!  Not so much the over eating, but the jogging!  Though, depending on who you listen to, over eating isn't nearly as bad as it's made out to be.

Thanks. Well, I personally don't like to over-eat... being bloated, plus feeling bloated, is never fun for me.

I over eat sushi once every now and the ... Its not good... But oh, was it SOOO GOOD! Lol

I love sushi so much. Had it for my last birthday dinner and I was so incredibly stuffed afterwards Cheesy

That is always a great quote.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: