Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20   Go Down
Author Topic: New Obsidian Launcher Available (UPDATED 11/09/2021)  (Read 335399 times)
Brian64
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

This is a fertile land, and we will thrive

« Reply #75 on: January 30, 2014, 01:37:52 PM »

I suspect that as long as the serial numbers are above #12120000 then the latest launcher is the right one to use.

I know it's an obvious thing but are your batteries charged? I overlooked that when I tried changing my Raven shortly after receiving it and it wasn't pretty. Smiley

There was a Windows update not long ago. I don't even check what gets updated any more, but I'm pretty sure one of my recent updates over the last few weeks updated my .Net installation. I just looked, and there's another .Net update pending as well. I think the Launcher uses the .Net framework, so maybe that has something to do with it? I'm kinda clutching at straws here.

Light side points please

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #76 on: January 30, 2014, 02:03:14 PM »

I didn't check my updates, there were quite much since I connected my saber the last time. Will have a look at that.
The batteries were charged, just unplugged the saber from the Port Charger...so it wasn't a power problem either.
It's curious...I might try connecting my saber to my notebook later and see if the problem persists. If not, then it's my PC or any of the connected devices.
Anyway, thanks so far Smiley

EDIT: Had a .NET Framework update to version 4.5.1 on 12/08/2013...but I didn't check if the launcher still worked from that date on. Didn't thought of any problem that might occur Undecided
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 02:09:37 PM by Racona Nova » Logged

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #77 on: February 03, 2014, 01:25:38 PM »

So, just got my brand new Archon, and its soundboard is not accessible, too. The Driver works fine, so it's not a problem of the cord (tried another one which doesn't work either with the soundboard). Must be a problem within the soundboard->launcher communication - which must come from the launcher, since it's very unlikely that I have three corrupt soundboards (the Aeons worked well up to now).

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #78 on: February 03, 2014, 05:34:28 PM »

Uninstalling and reinstalling the launcher didn't help either Undecided

Sig by Master Nero

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #79 on: February 04, 2014, 07:21:36 PM »

So, latest update: the launcher on the notebook doesn't connect to the soundboard either, and reverting to an older NET Framework version didn't help...it's annoying, can't change the soundfont, and the Emerald section only shows the Emerald serial when connected, but no preview of the chosen colours (testing colours works, but they don't show up in the diagrams) -.-

Sig by Master Nero

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #80 on: February 07, 2014, 04:39:24 PM »

Problem solved! Just downloaded the v3.1.4 launcher again, installed it and noticed that file dates and sizes are slightly different from the v3.1.4 I had installed previously. Now the launcher connects to the soundboard without any problems...will try that with the Emerald, too, and see if the preview problem is also solved. Simple solution for a complex problem...

EDIT: Just solved the soundboard problem, the Emerald problem persists. Colour picking isn't possible, it just switches back to black. Only colour mixing via the sliders is possible Undecided
EDIT 2: Works like a charm now. Tried the workaround and changed the local settings to United States and it solved all my Emerald problems Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 05:17:15 PM by Racona Nova » Logged

Sig by Master Nero

Smoczywabik
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #81 on: February 07, 2014, 07:57:48 PM »

It work 2 times good. Now i cant write 0,25 seconds, it automically pust it in whole seconds on flash on clash. HELP!

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #82 on: February 07, 2014, 09:51:19 PM »

Have you tried both the dot and comma separator? For me, it now only works when I use a dot instead of a comma for separating seconds and milliseconds.

Sig by Master Nero

Smoczywabik
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #83 on: February 07, 2014, 10:05:19 PM »

Yup, like i posted in other thread, dot does the trick. US need to update this driver for world wide users... eh.

Brian64
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

This is a fertile land, and we will thrive

« Reply #84 on: February 07, 2014, 10:08:16 PM »

Until I read some posts here, I didn't even realise that there were places in the world that didn't use a decimal point to show decimal numbers. If I'd been coding the software, I wouldn't have even thought about checking the inputs for something like commas - and I also wouldn't have even thought about what the Windows localisation settings might (or might not) be doing to the entries in those input boxes. Just as well I didn't code it! Cheesy

Light side points please

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #85 on: February 07, 2014, 10:10:44 PM »

Therefore an internationalized launcher like Smo suggested would be a great improvement...we should write that down in the Wishlist thread Cheesy

Sig by Master Nero

Slua
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 27

« Reply #86 on: February 11, 2014, 08:43:59 PM »

With freshly installed 3.1.4 launcher I can't write any soundfiles to my saber, it says "device configuration failed", and changes the focused window. Are there any ways of fixing that?

Unplugging batteries helped with other issue
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 09:29:11 PM by Slua » Logged

Peace is a lie, and it isn't.
Through peace, I gain knowledge.
Through knowledge, I gain power.
Through power, I gain serenity.
Through serenity, my chains are broken.
The Force shall grant me harmony.

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #87 on: February 11, 2014, 09:38:00 PM »

I assume your batteries are charged and you followed the recommended procedure? If so, then try another USB cord or another PC...what OS do you use? Win 8/8.1 is known to cause several issues with the Launcher...mostly it's a driver problem.

Sig by Master Nero

Slua
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 27

« Reply #88 on: February 11, 2014, 09:41:13 PM »

Win 7, 64 bit, tried several batteries and cables.

Peace is a lie, and it isn't.
Through peace, I gain knowledge.
Through knowledge, I gain power.
Through power, I gain serenity.
Through serenity, my chains are broken.
The Force shall grant me harmony.

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #89 on: February 11, 2014, 09:44:32 PM »

Okay...have you installed and run the Launcher as an administrator? I'd also try a reset, just take the batts out for 10 secs and put them back in.

Sig by Master Nero

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: