Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: How to upload pictures onto the forum using photobucket  (Read 20306 times)
eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« on: April 19, 2013, 01:54:36 PM »

(Short Version)

To post saberpr0n photos on the site, the first thing you'll need to do is to sign up to a picture hosting site. This example will use Photobucket, but there are others and the process is the same. The image button here on the site (in the message editor when posting) just sets up a spot to paste a copied link (URL) from another site where you uploaded your photos. To start:

1. Head to Photobucket and open a profile. You can create an album or just upload to the root of your profile.

2. Upload any images you like to the site using the upload link.

3. Once the files are uploaded, you will see a list of links under (or overlapping) the bottom of each of your photos.

4. Copy the bottom IMG link and paste in your posts. Done! No need to modify the link you post. Hit preview to see if it worked before hitting post!

5. For your profile pic, the blue link that I've circled is the one you can copy and paste to make your profile image. If you go to the profile edit section and paste that link (the direct link without the img tags), you can make one of your photos your forum profile pic.

Please let me know if you have questions below!

E

« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 03:16:04 AM by Moderator Big Boss » Logged

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 02:25:00 AM »

(In-depth Version)

Like the title says... this is a tutorial for uploading pics to the newest version of Photobucket and posting them here.

1. Make an account or log in... pretty obvious step.

2. Upload the pic.

Now there's a convenient drag-drop function, making it even easier to upload multiple pics at once.

Shouldn't take too long to load, but it can get stuck around 99% for a while, especially with .gifs.

Magic! Click "View Library". If you uploaded it to a different album, that album's name will replace Library.

3. Sharing the pic

Hover the cursor over the pic in your library. A gear symbol will appear in the upper right corner of the pic's thumbnail. Hover over the gear symbol.

Click "Share". A menu will appear. It'll start at "Social Networks", but you have to click "Links".

Click the IMG code (the bottom option in the Links menu). This will copy it automatically.

4. Posting

Log in to the forum, if you weren't already there (or if, like most of us, you never leave). Paste the IMG code into your post whatever way you want. Personally, I tend to use the keyboard shortcut (command+v).

Now, as you can see in the above pic, for some reason Photobucket has added the URL code to the IMG code, making the pic serve as a link to... well, itself. It'll send you to the pic on Photobucket in a new window if you click it once it's posted. If you prefer to not leave that option, delete the first part of the URL code (above the IMG code). Also, don't forget to delete [/URL], otherwise it'll just look silly.

It should now look something like this (if you deleted the URL stuff, that is):

From there, it's just like a normal post.

Ta-da! Your beautiful pic has now been uploaded and shared.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 03:16:47 AM by Moderator Big Boss » Logged

no

JP47
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 21

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 03:04:23 AM »

Where can I find that Bear game? Shocked Grin

Nice Tutorial here! Thanks for posting it..I'm sure this will help out a lot of newer ones who've never used Photobucket Smiley.

Raven RGB - sound             Bellicose AB - sound
Dark Prophecy V3 GB          Aeon LE V3 GB - sound
Phantom Initiate V3  AS      Initiate V3  DVA

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 03:14:22 AM »

Thanks for the tutorial even though I prefer Image Shack since Ultra Sabers use them.

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

jonesy360
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 67

Addicted to ULTRASABERS

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 08:40:18 AM »

always impressive e Wink

Bellicose,fo,sfoc,os,rav
Scorpion,br,sfoc,os,rav
Graflex ce,br,sfoc,obsoundrav
Reaper,cg,sfoc,obsoundbav
Aeon v3,gbstunt
Shock le,RGBsfoc,obsoundyav
Guardian,dva,bhfoc,obsoundgav
RavenSSRGBsfoc,obsoundsav
ArchonV2.1gb,bhfoc,obsoundsav jedi
ArchonV2.1as,sfoc,obsoundsav sith

Azean
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 30

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2013, 02:16:56 PM »

Cheers for the guide - have just resurrected my photobucket account for when I get my sabers and forgot my way around  Roll Eyes

Darth_Verbero
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -7

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 08:56:04 AM »

just wanted to say this is an awesome thing to  have up here....thanks eerockk and Luna...i would have never figured this out by myself

Siths have more fun...its a fact.
Passion-Aeon V3 custom paint and emitter holes
Godric-Crimson Scorpion AS
Dark Side points if i earn any

Methuselah
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -3

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2014, 04:43:59 AM »

Yes, thank you very much, wouldn't have been a headache without these instructions  Smiley

KnightChampion
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 10

All Jedi should have one!

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2014, 07:48:48 PM »

Thanks Eerockk!  makes the whole process effortless!

T3CH D43M0N
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 8

Death knocks at every door...

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2014, 12:47:39 AM »

Thank you!

"The heart is the foundation.  The soul is the passion.  Together they are life." - T3CH D43M0N

Sabers:
DVA Manticore w/ Sound
SY Reaper w/ Sound
GB Liberator v2
FO Aeon LE v3 - "Soul"
BR Light Initiate w/ red anodized rings - "Heart"

cstoehr
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 117

I find your lack of faith disturbing!

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2014, 08:39:15 PM »

I copied the direct link to a photo at Photobucket for my avatar, but it does not appear when I post a message.  What's the size limits for this picture?

My Ultra Sabers:
Scorpion (VA)
Crimson Reaper (SY)
Overlord (FO)
Dark Prophecy (SRD)
Prophecy (VA)
Chosen One (BR)
Archon (CG)
Malice (BR)
Graflex CE (GB)
Dark Standard (CG)

Other Force FX lightsabers:
Darth Vader (red)
Anakin Skywalker (blue)
Luke Skywalker (green)

aray887
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -42

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2014, 08:55:54 PM »

I copied the direct link to a photo at Photobucket for my avatar, but it does not appear when I post a message.  What's the size limits for this picture?

This is one thing I've never been able to figure out. I'm curious as to the answer.

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2014, 09:32:44 PM »

I think avatars are automatically resized.  My avatar pic was originally closer to 125x125 and was sized down.  You should just be able to paste the direct link and click "change profile" to save it.  You have to do that every time you go to Forum Profile Information though because it deletes the link when you go to that page. 

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

cstoehr
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2014, 10:04:56 PM »

Something is not working right.  When I paste in the link for my avatar picture and either hit Enter or click Change Profile, the link is immediately deleted.  I would try to send a personal message to one of the Admins about this problem except I already sent one personal message to both Ultra and Deep about another question and have not received an answer.

My Ultra Sabers:
Scorpion (VA)
Crimson Reaper (SY)
Overlord (FO)
Dark Prophecy (SRD)
Prophecy (VA)
Chosen One (BR)
Archon (CG)
Malice (BR)
Graflex CE (GB)
Dark Standard (CG)

Darth Vader (red)
Anakin Skywalker (blue)
Luke Skywalker (green)

cstoehr
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2014, 10:06:25 PM »

oops!  I just looked at my previous post and saw my avatar picture finally.  Something did work after all!

My Ultra Sabers:
Scorpion (VA)
Crimson Reaper (SY)
Overlord (FO)
Dark Prophecy (SRD)
Prophecy (VA)
Chosen One (BR)
Archon (CG)
Malice (BR)
Graflex CE (GB)
Dark Standard (CG)