Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: Your favorite location in the Star Wars universe?  (Read 13693 times)
Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2013, 04:16:20 AM »

Would your choice alter if you kept to the theme...you, a normal mundane human type person, is whisked away to the location (I had intended the location to actually be a place and not a thing such as a ship, but it is just a silly exercise in fun anyway lol).

You arrive, as yourself in all the human glory that you look at each morning in the mirror.

So no force powers, no Jedi or sith potential, just mundane human.  What ever skills, experiences, potential that you have at this moment is what you have where ever you chose to go  Smiley

Would you still choose the same location?

I would.

Naboo would be a great choice...especially if I had the option to visit the underwater cities  Smiley

Light side points please Smiley

Rina Ascura
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 111

Please keep it at 100!

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2013, 04:39:22 AM »

I would.

So would I. Tatooine is a fine place to start a career of smuggling or bounty hunting.

BBL AND PROUD! The Expanded Universe - the old, the true, the brave!

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2013, 01:14:57 PM »

As much as I would like to choose one place and one place only, I think my place would really be on the bridge of my own ship. I would see all of the worlds, and maybe stay for a while on each.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2013, 02:12:39 PM »

As much as I would like to choose one place and one place only, I think my place would really be on the bridge of my own ship. I would see all of the worlds, and maybe stay for a while on each.

Playing devil's advocate...and just working the initial thought of the game...I fully appreciate the ideal of the ship traveling from place to place, but if "you" were transported to the Star Wars universe what would you have to offer to own a ship, manage a ship, fly a ship, etc.?

And this is not shooting down a dream or a thought, the idea of traveling all over and seeing it all is one we would all be on board with...but it is a cheat for the game so I gotta ask lol.

I am a extreme example of a tech with engineering, extensive logistic/personnel/and related experience, as well as the 21yrs of military...and I am not sure if any of my skills would mean anything in that universe...I am sure some would convert over.

If I were in the "on a ship traveling everywhere" theme I would think that I may be able to sign on as a tech but I do not have a bucket of diamonds or a case of gold or anything else we consider valuable to carry over and buy my own ship.

I guess we could consider the potential of stealing a ship...but this would require help, could you trust this help to not turn on you and leave you on some random dock or out the air lock?

Again, not picking on your dream, it is a good one  Smiley

If the question were "would you rather be in this universe on Earth or in that universe on insert name here", we would most likely would all choose to go.

But the idea is to name the place, as in a location on a moon/planet/asteroid field/etc. and not a ship, that appeals to you and that you would want to live...as a mundane regular human that you are at this moment in that exotic location.

Grin

PS
Owning a ship and scooting about the Star Wars universe would be sweet though.

Deceptae
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -90

Power, Passion, Strength

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2013, 02:18:01 PM »

I would choose, hmm, this is a hard one. umm, well, I always thought that kashyyyk was pretty cool. but probably Alderaan, just before the invasion of the Jedi Temple on Coruscant.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Rina Ascura
Knight Commander

Please keep it at 100!

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2013, 02:50:12 PM »

For starters, you can always hitch-hike on someone else's ship and see many planets this way until you make it big.

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2013, 02:53:01 PM »

For starters, you can always hitch-hike on someone else's ship and see many planets this way until you make it big.

Very true!  Spoken like a true vagabond and gypsy!

Cheesy

Rina Ascura
Knight Commander

Please keep it at 100!

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2013, 03:15:36 PM »

It's because I am.

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2013, 03:58:24 PM »

Playing devil's advocate...and just working the initial thought of the game...I fully appreciate the ideal of the ship traveling from place to place, but if "you" were transported to the Star Wars universe what would you have to offer to own a ship, manage a ship, fly a ship, etc.?

And this is not shooting down a dream or a thought, the idea of traveling all over and seeing it all is one we would all be on board with...but it is a cheat for the game so I gotta ask lol.

I am a extreme example of a tech with engineering, extensive logistic/personnel/and related experience, as well as the 21yrs of military...and I am not sure if any of my skills would mean anything in that universe...I am sure some would convert over.

If I were in the "on a ship traveling everywhere" theme I would think that I may be able to sign on as a tech but I do not have a bucket of diamonds or a case of gold or anything else we consider valuable to carry over and buy my own ship.

I guess we could consider the potential of stealing a ship...but this would require help, could you trust this help to not turn on you and leave you on some random dock or out the air lock?

Again, not picking on your dream, it is a good one  Smiley

If the question were "would you rather be in this universe on Earth or in that universe on insert name here", we would most likely would all choose to go.

But the idea is to name the place, as in a location on a moon/planet/asteroid field/etc. and not a ship, that appeals to you and that you would want to live...as a mundane regular human that you are at this moment in that exotic location.

Grin

PS

well lets see, I am a machinist, a decent sharp shooter, and an auto mechanic. None of which would help me at all in the Star Wars universe (not that those skills have done me any good here on earth), I figure that once you are there you need to survive, which means Credits and a job. I would love Endor or Kashyk (I know I spelled it wrong) but with the lack of employment opportunities in any of my fields of expertise in those location I would not be well suited to those environments. on a ship however there is need for a machinery repairman, which is a machinist who makes ship parts, But obviously that doesn't "fly" here. so I would probably settle near one of the major shipyards, http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Fondor_Shipyards, so on the planet of Fondor.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Oramac
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -256

Dark Side, please. I like the cookies.

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2013, 05:06:03 PM »

well lets see, I am a machinist, a decent sharp shooter, and an auto mechanic. None of which would help me at all in the Star Wars universe

Sure they would.  I'm all of those things in one capacity or another as well, and I'm 100% sure I could do something big in the Star Wars Universe.  Star Wars still has to make metal stuff, so being a machinist is good.  There's plenty of guns and militaries/militias around, so sharpshooter is in demand, and they have groundcars, so being an auto mechanic is useful.

Plus, having all these means I can learn all the other necessary stuff.  In short, I'm more than capable of thriving in Star Wars.  Also, consider that the average light freighter costs somewhere around 120-180,000 credits.  That's less than a Ferrari here on Earth (assuming a 1:1 exchange rate), and I fully intend to own a Ferrari.  So I don't think I'd have any problem buying a ship at some point either. 

I will amend my original thought to agree with Frizzen on one point though: living near a shipyard.  I'd choose Corellia though, to be nearest to Corellian Engineering Corporation. 

I wonder if employees get a discount on the YT series?....

I give stealth points.  You may get one without ever knowing it! Muwahaha!

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red/AS FOC [or FO/VA FOC]
Initiate v3 with Obsidian - Blazing Red
Initiate v3 - Consular

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2013, 05:30:15 PM »

well lets see, I am a machinist, a decent sharp shooter, and an auto mechanic. None of which would help me at all in the Star Wars universe (not that those skills have done me any good here on earth), I figure that once you are there you need to survive, which means Credits and a job. I would love Endor or Kashyk (I know I spelled it wrong) but with the lack of employment opportunities in any of my fields of expertise in those location I would not be well suited to those environments. on a ship however there is need for a machinery repairman, which is a machinist who makes ship parts, But obviously that doesn't "fly" here. so I would probably settle near one of the major shipyards, http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Fondor_Shipyards, so on the planet of Fondor.

Starting at a shipyard makes a great deal of sense!  And a machinist would convert nicely to some related trade I am confident.  From there it is matter of making contacts and then off the yard as a crew member Wink

Darth_Phobius47
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -176

Hawkbat 5

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2013, 02:23:55 AM »

Would your choice alter if you kept to the theme...you, a normal mundane human type person, is whisked away to the location (I had intended the location to actually be a place and not a thing such as a ship, but it is just a silly exercise in fun anyway lol).

You arrive, as yourself in all the human glory that you look at each morning in the mirror.

So no force powers, no Jedi or sith potential, just mundane human.  What ever skills, experiences, potential that you have at this moment is what you have where ever you chose to go  Smiley

I would.

I guess not. Well in this case I'd go to either Bespin or Coruscant.

My Arsenal

Dark Arbiter w/sound custom~EG/AS
Dark Standard v3~FO
Dark Liberator v3 (bro)~CG
Initiate v3 (sis)~VA
Grab Bag: Dark SI v3 vert grooves~BR
Consular w/sound~BR/FO
Menace SE w/sound~CG/FO
Raffle prizes: Graflex w/sound~GB/AS
                    Malice w/sound~BR/VA

DarthJimmer
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -4

No Points Pls Balance of the Je'daii

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2013, 09:31:08 PM »

I came to say Naboo, but I see its a popular opinion already aha

"At the heart of any poor soul not at one with the Force, there is only void" -Unknown Je'daii 2,545 TYA (Tho Yor Arrival)

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2013, 10:27:43 PM »

How about another line of thought...we can open a one way gate to a single location in the star wars universe, we can go through once, and then we are on our own as we are in that location.

So a forumite offers up a location and you give the "hell yeah" or "nah I will wait for the next option"...then when the location gets stale (the thread gets quiet, another location is noted and we start again)  Cheesy

I will start it off...

The gate opens!

When the image clears...

Do you step through or wait for another choice?

Wink

Oramac
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -256

Dark Side, please. I like the cookies.

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2013, 12:40:30 AM »

I like Kashyyk (sp) but I think I'd wait. 

I give stealth points.  You may get one without ever knowing it! Muwahaha!

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red/AS FOC [or FO/VA FOC]
Initiate v3 with Obsidian - Blazing Red
Initiate v3 - Consular

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: