Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: The Dominix LE v2 - Need More Info  (Read 929 times)
clericazrael
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 22

Defiantly Onward Into Uttermost Darkness

« on: May 16, 2013, 07:27:53 PM »

Can anyone provide me with more information concerning the aforementioned hilt? Specifically whether or not it is emitter capable. The page for it on the website states that pommel threads have been added, but I'd rather not just assume that I can attach an emitter only to realize I paid $30 for a part I, in fact, cannot. I'm designing my first real dueling lightsaber and just trying to get more specific...well...specifications.

Additionally, does anyone know the rough weight in ounces of their lightsaber with a heavy blade ("36)? Specifically one without a sound board and roughly the same hilt length as the Dominix LE v2 ("12). If not, it's fine. I've been studying martial science for a long time and I know my personal weight preference for weapons, but I've failed grandly in finding a frame of reference for lightsabers. The only reference I have is the crappy FX Dooku lightsaber I bought when I was a teenager...which was garbage. I will speak no further of it, suffice to say that it was over-heavy and effectively useless for anything except wall mounting and the indefinite occupation of a dark, sad cupboard.

GB Dominix V3 - Guest Saber
PO Initiate V3 - Girlfriend's Saber
AS Dominix V2 - Defiance/Personal Saber

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 08:51:53 PM »

The Dominix v2 isn't MHS compatible, so the emitter attached to it is fixed. I don't have a scale accurate enough to measure mine, I'm afraid.

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

clericazrael
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 09:24:15 PM »

Crap. I really don't like the look of a flush emitter...I really wanted a consular emitter but it looks like I'm straight out of luck as far as an ergonomic, cheap hilt goes.

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 09:29:01 PM »

The Standard Issue could work - it has a slanted emitter. Failing that, the Liberator has a windowed emitter.

Both are fixed, though - the Shock is the cheapest hilt with an MHS emitter, and that's almost double the cost.

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

clericazrael
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 09:32:13 PM »

I was looking at the Overlord. I don't like the slanted look either, really, I was looking for the fluted look. My dream was to get the Dom LE v2 with a consular emitter and the dark warglaive pommel, but I really dont want one without the other. Besides, it's a $60 difference anyways, so I may just put out for a better aesthetic because the flush look REALLY bothers me for some reason.

I'll just keep looking around. There are a couple higher tier hilts with a look I like, I'm sure I'll find something I can work with eventually.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 09:35:50 PM by clericazrael » Logged

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2013, 01:51:22 PM »

I was looking at the Overlord. I don't like the slanted look either, really, I was looking for the fluted look. My dream was to get the Dom LE v2 with a consular emitter and the dark warglaive pommel, but I really dont want one without the other. Besides, it's a $60 difference anyways, so I may just put out for a better aesthetic because the flush look REALLY bothers me for some reason.

I'll just keep looking around. There are a couple higher tier hilts with a look I like, I'm sure I'll find something I can work with eventually.

The Overlord is MHS compatible on both ends and fits the hands very nicely. I am an immense fan of this hilt and use a Manticore emitter on the top, and the Bellicose short groove pommel on the bottom, and it's still lighter than my Bellicose. If you can find an MHS compatible emitter to your liking, it would definitely fit nicely. The Overlord hilt itself is the lightest one I own, even over the Prophecy, but it is quite sturdy all the same.

Here's my Overlord with a TCSS emitter I bought to match the one that occurs naturally on a Bellicose

Normally though, I keep the Manticore emitter on as it's just plain awesome!

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: