Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 915   Go Down
Author Topic: (im)Patiently waiting for my new _______!!!  (Read 2177571 times)
Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1335 on: August 29, 2012, 04:59:53 PM »

Shock came yesterday, so I'm no longer waiting, but I had to comment this thing is AWESOME. Guys, when Kham tells you to buy a Shock.... buy a Shock. *Travolta Impersonation* It's Electrifying! Cheesy

I've always wanted one!  I'm sure I'll snag one eventually...

Looking forward to the review!

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #1336 on: August 29, 2012, 06:50:16 PM »

I hope to put that up tonight. Seriously Nero, you'll love it if you get one of these. Especially with a Mid Grade in it. The balance is great. It seems to hold well for fighting, but it also spins SO smoothly and easily. I think I'll end up giving this thing a final rating near or on par with my Bellicose, but I'll need to put it through it's dueling paces first.... and that has to wait until the nights start getting below 80 again. LOL

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1337 on: August 29, 2012, 07:28:05 PM »

I hope to put that up tonight. Seriously Nero, you'll love it if you get one of these. Especially with a Mid Grade in it. The balance is great. It seems to hold well for fighting, but it also spins SO smoothly and easily. I think I'll end up giving this thing a final rating near or on par with my Bellicose, but I'll need to put it through it's dueling paces first.... and that has to wait until the nights start getting below 80 again. LOL

I know what you mean man, I'm looking forward to the fall so I won't feel like I have to swim while I duel...

At least it's been getting a bit cooler during the night here, maybe I'll take my new Dark Prophecy out tonight for some sparring with the gf!

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #1338 on: August 29, 2012, 07:39:14 PM »

Pics perhaps? I'm curious to see how that sucker looks in action next to another color blade.

I am not a color...

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1339 on: August 29, 2012, 08:49:59 PM »

Pics perhaps? I'm curious to see how that sucker looks in action next to another color blade.

Actually me too.  I'll have to take a few.

I was hoping to take a quick instructional video too, for Makashi.  We'll see how things go.

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #1340 on: August 29, 2012, 10:18:24 PM »

Oh gosh yes please. Smiley I'd love to see you do a Makashi companion to MAV's basics vids. Give me a shot to 'study' under my old Master. Wink

I am not a color...

NavyGodzilla
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #1341 on: August 29, 2012, 10:41:59 PM »

Wife's Monarch arrived...it's a shame the box was dinged up and I needed to check to make sure everything was ok.  I'm sure she will understand.

Own: AB Dark Standard,  BR Consular,BR Dark Liberator, FO Blue Liberator, GB Dark Standard, GB Monarch, PO Phantasm

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #1342 on: August 29, 2012, 10:53:00 PM »

*nods* Mm, yes. Total shame. Wink

I am not a color...

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1343 on: August 29, 2012, 11:57:24 PM »

Oh gosh yes please. Smiley I'd love to see you do a Makashi companion to MAV's basics vids. Give me a shot to 'study' under my old Master. Wink

I'd love to teach you a few things!  Feel free to shoot me suggestions, I'd totally oblige.

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #1344 on: August 30, 2012, 12:26:53 AM »

*shrug* I suppose for starters I'd just like to know the proper basics, and then whatever interesting things you can throw at me from there I'll happily attempt. lol

I am not a color...

SOTJ
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 156

Serenity, the way of the Jedi is serenity.

« Reply #1345 on: August 30, 2012, 04:17:33 AM »

Wife's Monarch arrived...it's a shame the box was dinged up and I needed to check to make sure everything was ok.  I'm sure she will understand.

The Monarch is a lovely hilt - I'm sure she'll understand your need to check, you know, just to make sure that its glory was untarnished and everything... Wink

NavyGodzilla
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #1346 on: August 30, 2012, 11:19:07 AM »

Thank the Gods I checked that saber, turns out some of the bubble wrap had popped.  I mean what is with the post.  Thankfully there was nothing wrong with the saber.  I gave it a great deal of looking over and testing to insure that everything was in working order Wink.  I mean, it was my wife's prize I would hate to have something be wrong with it.

Own: AB Dark Standard,  BR Consular,BR Dark Liberator, FO Blue Liberator, GB Dark Standard, GB Monarch, PO Phantasm

Thonolan
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 43

« Reply #1347 on: August 30, 2012, 03:52:02 PM »

Driving to the UPS counter to pick up my initiate in a couple of hours!

I AM EXCITE!

Thonolan
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 43

« Reply #1348 on: August 30, 2012, 08:28:25 PM »

No longer waiting!!! it is in my handssssssss.....

Pics and review to come.

reiperx
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 71

Do you serve a purpose or purposely serve?

« Reply #1349 on: August 31, 2012, 03:37:15 AM »

Monarch came in today, unfortunatley UPS man left it on my doorstep when I was in the shower so didn't actually know it was here until I was heading out the door to work.

Wife was lovely enough to open it, and snap a couple of pictures for me (no place to upload them from work).

Even though it was a bad camera (blackberries have horrid cameras) I could immediately tell the huge difference between my Sunriders Destiny and the Blue one (Defender blue? I forget the name).

When I get home tonight will have some side by side pics of the Overlord and Monarch, and hopefully a video this weekend.

How does the Monarch handle? It looks like the hilt is a bit shorter so may have to treat it more of a one handed weapon than a two.

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 915   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: