Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 915   Go Down
Author Topic: (im)Patiently waiting for my new _______!!!  (Read 2177595 times)
hedgehog1
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 64

Never going to grow up.

« Reply #1710 on: January 20, 2013, 10:22:34 AM »

I  ordered my very first light saber ever.  Very late Friday night I ordered a standard issue all silver body with GB. No sound for this first one.

I have never had even a toy light saber before. I do have a thing for LEDs, and am a general sci-fi nut. So I think I am due for a saber.

I ordered this first saber with the resistor, as I plan to mess with a variety of buck pucks to try and get shimmer, FOC and blade lockup without requiring a sound board.  One version of the buck puck offers TTL compatible dimming, so I think I will try using two buck pucks: one constant current buck puck for 'main power' LED, and a variable buck puck for the effects LED.  I think a slower, steady cycle for the shimmer, an a fast cycle for FOC will be a decent way to start.

I will see how much I can fit in a saber.  Pity a raspberry-pi computer won't fit in a saber, then this could all be done with software.

The Hedge

Hedgehogs prefer Light-sided points, please.

Standard Issue
Dark Standard Issue
Arbiter

Telo_Lumen
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

Hello there.

« Reply #1711 on: January 20, 2013, 05:17:53 PM »

I have just ordered my first Saber. Its an Aeon V3 in Consular green, Heavy grade blade, no sound. Can't wait!

Balance, Precision, and Knowledge are the traits of a true Jedi.
Seek these attributes and you will attain more power than you can possibly imagine.

Astalen
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #1712 on: January 26, 2013, 11:43:36 PM »

Waiting for a Manticore in Emerald Green, ordered Friday, my bank account hates me...

"What?!? He made me spill my drink all over you! You think I was gonna let him get away with that?!?" - Sith Lord Astalen (after cutting off a thug's leg in a bar)

"Puritan Jedi and Sith are fools, the free-thinkers of BOTH orders will inherit the galaxy"

hedgehog1
Knight Ensign

Never going to grow up.

« Reply #1713 on: January 27, 2013, 08:02:16 AM »

See my post about my very first saber at the top of this page?  It is six days later, I have been playing with that first saber and am now waiting for my second saber.  It is an arbiter with an orange blade, sound and AC FoC.

I didn't even last a whole week before I ordered another.

So much for self control... Roll Eyes

Standard Issue
Dark Standard Issue
Arbiter

kagemusha shin
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -169

« Reply #1714 on: January 27, 2013, 08:19:10 AM »

I'm paitiently waiting for my next few sabers.

hedgehog1
Knight Ensign

Never going to grow up.

« Reply #1715 on: January 27, 2013, 08:29:37 AM »

I'm paitiently waiting for my next few sabers.

You have the right idea - order more than one saber at a time.  It seems so reasonable to me now...   Smiley

Standard Issue
Dark Standard Issue
Arbiter

JapzLapeno
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 52

Enemies strengthen you. Allies weaken.

« Reply #1716 on: January 28, 2013, 01:41:10 AM »

Ordered my second Obsidian saber for myself (fifth one in the house).  Crimson Reaper in Arctic Blue with Silver flash and Red AV.  Ordered it with birthday money.  Turning 30, so thinking of calling it Sanjuro (which according to the movies Yojimbo and Sanjuro means "Thirty-Year-Old").  Saw a hoodie based on Sark from Tron.  Want to get that to wear with this saber.   Grin  I knew i wasn't going to be patient with this one, so i picked the 2-day shipping.

"I am Grey. I stand between the candle and the star. We are Grey. We stand between the darkness and the light."

setsu9
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 5

« Reply #1717 on: January 28, 2013, 06:19:23 AM »

Well, I just did it. Sorry for the mega post, but I pulled the trigger on my very first saber purchase.

I took advantage of the sales on at the moment and got the Dark Arbiter for myself and the Shock LE for my girlfriend. Both of them are fully decked out with all the options. Obsidian sound, FoC, recharge ports, AV switches, covertec, everything. I've read up all the reviews I can possibly find and everyone says that whatever saber they got is amazing, and that if you're in doubt, buy that one. But also that the arbiter in particular is very nice for dueling.

I had originally wanted to get myself a Consular but when the sale on the Arbiter was just on I thought that would be nice, but I'd prefer a Dark Arbiter. Lo and behold, the Dark Arbiter came up next while the winter sales were still on also. So here I am posting about it.

My girlfriend wanted the VA, I still plan on getting the Consular later on in CG (of course), so I got this one in GB. Also, an extra BR MLS unit to swap out when I'm feelin a bit Sith-ish.

I'm super excited and I'll be sure to post an in depth review of both with heaps of pictures for all of you guys when they arrive. Hopefully that's not too long, but I'm in Australia, so...

Dark Arbiter - GB/AS & BR/FO
Shock LE - VA/AS
**lightside points please**

Moebius Omega
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 33

{Lightside Points Please}

« Reply #1718 on: January 29, 2013, 12:15:24 AM »

I want my Reaper!
Should be here tomorrow or weds, getting it with obsidian and a CG ultraedge heavy :-)

Obsidian Reaper CG
Obsidian Consular SY/BR

Laeradex
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 29

« Reply #1719 on: January 29, 2013, 06:49:07 PM »

Waiting for my first Ultra Saber, an Aeon v3 in Consular Green!
Ordered it on Sunday evening (UK time) and I'm refreshing my email inbox for a shipping confirmation email! Literally can't wait.

2nd Degree Black Belt in ITF TKD, part-time Instructor.

Aeon v3 CG
Archon v2.1 CG/BR (Obsidian)
Apprentice v4 CG (Obsidian)

Moebius Omega
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 33

{Lightside Points Please}

« Reply #1720 on: January 29, 2013, 07:02:09 PM »

Waiting for my first Ultra Saber, an Aeon v3 in Consular Green!
Ordered it on Sunday evening (UK time) and I'm refreshing my email inbox for a shipping confirmation email! Literally can't wait.
I'm from Manchester, I ordered my first saber about 2AM Thursday, and it arrived today. I was really impatient too, watching the package go from San Jose CA, to Memphis TN, to Newark NJ, to Stansted, to Chorley then finally here Smiley
It is awesome, a Reaper in Consular.

Obsidian Reaper CG
Obsidian Consular SY/BR

Laeradex
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #1721 on: January 29, 2013, 08:10:16 PM »

I'm from Manchester, I ordered my first saber about 2AM Thursday, and it arrived today. I was really impatient too, watching the package go from San Jose CA, to Memphis TN, to Newark NJ, to Stansted, to Chorley then finally here Smiley
It is awesome, a Reaper in Consular.

Awesome, I had heard shipping was pretty swift Tongue I'm a bit further south, and I'm hoping it's here by Friday.

Edit: Just out of interest, how long does the 'processing' stage take, on average?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 09:00:17 PM by Laeradex » Logged

Aeon v3 CG

Laeradex
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #1722 on: January 30, 2013, 09:09:02 AM »

Yay! Got a dispatch email! Estimated delivery 4th Feb Cheesy

Aeon v3 CG

Blitz Drache
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #1723 on: January 31, 2013, 07:05:10 AM »

I AM SOOO EXCITED IT IS GOING TO MAKE THIS WAIT IMPOSSIBLE!!!  I am waiting for my first two sabers.  I ordered a Dark Arbiter that I will be modifying in a couple different ways!!! I also ordered a Dominix LE V3 so that I would be able to see some differences in blade color and type.  I also wanted to have a second blade to give my son for my first ever saber duel.  I am very excited to get my order and I'm still waiting to hear the good news that they have shipped.

digitalsithlord
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -165

Give into your Anger...Give me "Darkside" points..

« Reply #1724 on: January 31, 2013, 11:35:22 AM »

Excellent choices Blitz!  The Dark Arbiter is a great saber and the Dominix LE is perfect for your son.....  Will this be a father/son Sith team? 

Lightsaber Arsenal:
Red Liberator - GB
Prophecy v2 - AS
Bellicose - BR
Archon V2.1 - CG
Crimson Reaper - BR
Dark Monarch -BR
Aeon v3 - SY
Malice - BR
Aeon v2 - AS
Dominix v2- VA
Dark War Glaive - DVA