Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 915   Go Down
Author Topic: (im)Patiently waiting for my new _______!!!  (Read 2171038 times)
Saint
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 211

"Do unto others BEFORE they do unto you..."

« Reply #1845 on: March 15, 2013, 03:08:19 PM »

Ahhh, yes.  For those of us Canucks who use USPS/Canada Post, that notification is like Pavlov's bell. I hope you snag a grab-bag gem AlthaxX.  Standing by!

Obsidians in order of acquisition...
Graflex CE;  Guardian;  Dark Monarch Staff;  Consu-Lord CE;  Malice #1;  Archon;  Dark Arbiter;  Overlord;  Graflex SE;  Malice#2;  Shock LE;  Dark Liberator;  Dark Catalyst; Prophecy;  Scorpion

Thraken-Sal
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 7

« Reply #1846 on: March 15, 2013, 10:16:54 PM »

SOOOOOOO...... I decided that my Crimson Reaper just wasn't right without sound or FOC so I ordered parts to upgrade it. I felt I need to learn how to do this for later on building some custom sabers with my own mark on them, Jedi trials style Cheesy So in the interest of replacing the guts of my Reaper; I started checking how far I could go in taking the saber down to it's various parts and noticed a connection in the center of the hilt that I think might be another screw together section. Well I wrapped each section with a soft cloth (first mistake) and proceeded in using two pipe wrenches to take it apart. I now have a well scratched Crimson reaper that is still very much together.

Long story short, I was torn. So I think the Reaper is going to become a new and different saber. I still have the parts I ordered waiting for it's resurrection, and it will soon be started as a modified Reaper with a wooden sheath, Wookiee markings and accoutrements.

But that is another story. In the interim; I went ahead and ordered another Crimson Reaper with the internals for sound and FOC. LOL

I am now the proud owner of 5; yes I sand FIVE US Sabers Cheesy

Crimson Reaper x2 VA/AS, Obsidian
Guardian - SRD/AS, Obsidian       Archon v2 - CG Stunt
Graflex CE - GB/AB Obsidian
Malice BR/FO Small Claw, Round Pommel, Obsidian

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #1847 on: March 15, 2013, 10:39:42 PM »

It's arrived!

Pics and video review to follow, hopefully over the weekend, but I'm delighted with it thus far.

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Moebius Omega
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 33

{Lightside Points Please}

« Reply #1848 on: March 15, 2013, 11:36:07 PM »

SOOOOOOO...... I decided that my Crimson Reaper just wasn't right without sound or FOC so I ordered parts to upgrade it. I felt I need to learn how to do this for later on building some custom sabers with my own mark on them, Jedi trials style Cheesy So in the interest of replacing the guts of my Reaper; I started checking how far I could go in taking the saber down to it's various parts and noticed a connection in the center of the hilt that I think might be another screw together section. Well I wrapped each section with a soft cloth (first mistake) and proceeded in using two pipe wrenches to take it apart. I now have a well scratched Crimson reaper that is still very much together.

Long story short, I was torn. So I think the Reaper is going to become a new and different saber. I still have the parts I ordered waiting for it's resurrection, and it will soon be started as a modified Reaper with a wooden sheath, Wookiee markings and accoutrements.

But that is another story. In the interim; I went ahead and ordered another Crimson Reaper with the internals for sound and FOC. LOL

I am now the proud owner of 5; yes I sand FIVE US Sabers Cheesy
The reaper does separate in the middle, in between the two oblong shapes made by the machined grooves, but I didn't have any trouble unscrewing it by hand, it was as easy as removing the pommel or emmitter sections (which themselves are made of two separate components).
This is going to make my life a little easier when I add an led with a FoC. I just need to figure out which of the four wires stuck to the switch are functional and which ones lead to the FoC from the sound board lol

Obsidian Reaper CG
Obsidian Consular SY/BR

Thraken-Sal
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 7

« Reply #1849 on: March 16, 2013, 03:00:51 AM »

The reaper does separate in the middle, in between the two oblong shapes made by the machined grooves, but I didn't have any trouble unscrewing it by hand, it was as easy as removing the pommel or emmitter sections (which themselves are made of two separate components).
This is going to make my life a little easier when I add an led with a FoC. I just need to figure out which of the four wires stuck to the switch are functional and which ones lead to the FoC from the sound board lol

Hmmmm.... Really?!?!?! Well I guess I'll have to find a couple of strap wrenches and put a little bit more effort in taking it apart. That will give me more room in placing all of the wires. As for the switch and FOC; you should look at Vex's Wiring Diagram

I've removed all of the electronics from the crimson and am heading out to Radio Shack tomorrow to pick up some solder wick and heat shrink tube.  I'll also drop by Home Depot and get a couple of wrenches for the job. I broke the switch pretty badly pulling it out of the hilt; but thank God I ordered a new one cause the Obsidian needs a momentary switch any way.

I posted a thread in the Customizations area to continue this. it is Here
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 03:28:54 AM by Thraken-Sal » Logged

Crimson Reaper x2 VA/AS, Obsidian
Guardian - SRD/AS, Obsidian       Archon v2 - CG Stunt
Graflex CE - GB/AB Obsidian
Malice BR/FO Small Claw, Round Pommel, Obsidian

Darth Kitsune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -236

There is no Peace, there is only Passion...

« Reply #1850 on: March 16, 2013, 03:24:15 AM »

Saddly, I'm getting impatient about the new pommel I ordered. I'm being as patient as possible though but I haven't gotten any tracking info yet so I'm getting ansty because, well, I cannot wait to use it to finish off my saber's look. XD

JP47
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 21

« Reply #1851 on: March 16, 2013, 03:20:47 PM »

Just put in another order for Dark Prophecy in GB going to mod it and add a war claive claw on it! Cant wait  Grin

Raven RGB - sound             Bellicose AB - sound
Dark Prophecy V3 GB          Aeon LE V3 GB - sound
Phantom Initiate V3  AS      Initiate V3  DVA

Saint
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 211

"Do unto others BEFORE they do unto you..."

« Reply #1852 on: March 20, 2013, 06:23:36 PM »

Tracking shows a delay in my Dark Arbiter, but it might still make it by Friday.  Just ordered today's DotD Overlord.  Did go with flash, but skipped on the AV (http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=12859.msg201277#msg201277).  Was temped with RGB, but went VA to save $'s and...  

...complete my colour-check-list for my Obsidian sabers: blue (GB), green (CG), red (BR), yellow (SY), silver (AS), orange (FO) and violet (VA).  These are seven of the standard (non-forum, except SY) colours that, to me, represent...maximum, distinct, spectrum-spacing (MDSS*).  AB, SRD, plus the forum colours are various degrees of...'tween.  That's not to say I'll never get them...  Grin

* Saint-ism...to be incorporated into upcoming convention PP presentation.   Cool
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 07:19:33 PM by Saint » Logged

Obsidians in order of acquisition...
Graflex CE;  Guardian;  Dark Monarch Staff;  Consu-Lord CE;  Malice #1;  Archon;  Dark Arbiter;  Overlord;  Graflex SE;  Malice#2;  Shock LE;  Dark Liberator;  Dark Catalyst; Prophecy;  Scorpion

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #1853 on: March 20, 2013, 06:51:17 PM »

Just ordered today's DotD Overlord.  

Awesome, man! I can speak for this one... you'll love the Overlord! Yet another reason why we're not worthy!!  Cheesy

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Idej
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 20

That is why you fail.

« Reply #1854 on: March 20, 2013, 09:49:25 PM »

This morning, the tracking for my Consular said est. delivery Friday.  Now it says Saturday Sad

My Sabers:
Emerald Graflex
Emerald Consular
BR Flamberge

Ricos
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -48

“I find your lack of faith disturbing.”

« Reply #1855 on: March 20, 2013, 10:00:25 PM »

Well I'm not waiting anymore got my new Dominix LE v3 yesterday! Was est delivery for today but FedEx got it to a day early!!!

Bellicose DVA...Obsidian
Overlord BR...Obsidian
Overlord BR
Dominix LE v3 CG
Dark Initiate v2 GB...son
Initiate LE v3 CG...nephew
Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 AS...son

Soske
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 8

« Reply #1856 on: March 22, 2013, 11:04:29 AM »

I wait no more, my Bellicose arrived and it is indeed awesome.  Sadly no pics though since my cell phone camera is less than awesome, and doesn't have a way to handle the brightness of the saber.

Sound:
Belicose CG SRD FoC Green AV
Raven BR Red AV
Consular SY AS FoC Yellow AV
Shock LE BR AS FoC Red AV

Stunt:
Crimson Reaper AS
Phantasm V3 AB and FO
Archon V2.1 CG
Manticore SRD
Prophecy V3 GB
Dark Liberator BR
Initiate V3 AB
PVC Archon CG

Grab Bag:
Aeon V2 GB
Dominix V3 AB

Kempodragon
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #1857 on: March 22, 2013, 04:01:57 PM »

Perfect timing, I get my tax return and Ultrasabers comes out with a raffle. Just finished ordering my 2 RGB Shock LE's and flush coupler. Now comes the hard part, waiting for them to come to me and see if I won the raffle. OOOOHHHH,  the agony!! The suspense is killing me! I hope it lasts.  Cheesy

Moebius Omega
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 33

{Lightside Points Please}

« Reply #1858 on: March 22, 2013, 04:09:45 PM »

This raffle will probably be the excuse I was looking for to order my second saber...

Obsidian Reaper CG
Obsidian Consular SY/BR

jonesy360
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 67

Addicted to ULTRASABERS

« Reply #1859 on: March 22, 2013, 11:33:27 PM »

Raffle was my excuse to order another saber
Shock le,RGB,sfoc,ob sound,
Also war glaive claw emitter and pommel,some colour discs ,and 6 batts
Waiting,waiting,waiting Tongue

Bellicose,fo,sfoc,os,rav