Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 915   Go Down
Author Topic: (im)Patiently waiting for my new _______!!!  (Read 2177476 times)
The 97th Acolyte
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 93

Member of the Red Jedi Order

« Reply #2730 on: February 21, 2014, 11:09:32 PM »

I totally agree! The waiting is so difficult!

Raven VA - FOC Silver
Shock - FO
Manticore R+B Emerald
Dominix LE v3 - PO
Initiate LE v3 - AS
Liberator v3 Staff - SRD + CG
Dominix v2 Staff - RGB + BR

The Countess - Curved Custom
-
Behind the strangest of pretences can lie the best of things...

Jedi Galak
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 34

« Reply #2731 on: February 21, 2014, 11:14:40 PM »

I hear you, that's how I felt when I made my first order last week.

Sabers I own: Crimson Reaper RGBW emerald drive,  RGB Overlord, Dominix V3

Darth Scorpious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -118

Passion, Strength, Power, Victory, The Force

« Reply #2732 on: February 22, 2014, 01:36:31 AM »

Congrats lyte on your order its great when the one you want just happens to be the deal of the day just seen that you put your monarch on eBay I think I messaged you about it if your cookie97 but I ended up working two days solid and by the time I checked eBay again the bidding had already ended sorry about that if indeed it was you I messaged.

Scorpion in FO
Malice in BR
Nickel Guardian in GB
Bellicose CG
Prophecy GB

Jedi_Dragonrider
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 13

"The Force is strong with this one!"

« Reply #2733 on: February 22, 2014, 01:59:04 AM »

While we're on the topic of waiting, I am not-so-pleased with FedEx. *Sigh* I suppose it's not that bad, but I have become an unfortunate victim of a flaw (IMO) in the shipping system. My package came to my door today as planned but I was not home to sign for it. When I got home I had them hold the package for pick up, thinking I could pick it up later or possibly tomorrow morning before I go to work. So, I called the location to confirm that they will hold it and ask for a possible ETA of my package. He confirmed the hold order and could, in fact, tell me the exact time it would arrive…Tomorrow EVENING! I said "Wait, evening?" And he said, "yes sir, the end of the day tomorrow." He explained the system, basically, they don't remove the parcels from the truck at night, they just lock the whole truck in a warehouse. The next day they load up more new items, go out on their deliveries, and at the end of the day they take all the return to sender, false delivery address, and hold orders to their respective places. Well, that was a fail! My fiancé has tomorrow off so she will be here to sign, I was hoping to get it earlier than when I was off work. I asked if he could cancel the hold order and just have it delivered like normal so I didn't have to go out of my way to pick it up right at rush hour, next to the highway. No, was the answer. Apparently, once you pace a hold order on an item it can not be un-held. I asked if it would be there by 5 and I was told I would get an e-mail when it was there and it depended on how many orders were on that truck.  Roll Eyes

So I may not get my package until 8, which is when they stop deliveries. I realize that is worst case scenario, however, best case is I have to fight highway rush hour tomorrow instead of just going home and having a saber waiting for me.

The flaw, I think, is that there isn't an "override" button. Why does it have to be a "permanent hold order"? The box is already on his truck, why can't he just deliver it like normal? Or, alternately, why aren't the held packages removed in the morning to make room for more deliverable packages?

This is not a rage post. I got my rage out in a not-so-pleasant complaint to the appropriate people.

I think the bottom line here is, waiting sucks.

give me points based or YOUR alignment, pleases.

Aurick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 137

« Reply #2734 on: February 22, 2014, 02:19:44 AM »

Well highlight of the day was seeing that the saber shipped... The low was seeing that it's estimated to be here Monday... I wasted a lot of money getting overnight for it to be here Monday. At the same rate I could've gotten 2 day. What's the point of delivering on Saturdays if it doesn't matter what service you request they take their sweet time regardless of what you purchased? US YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME! Nothing changing there but fed ex just doesn't have the same values you do. Just so I'm not crazy if someone got overnight shipping and it shipped today wouldn't you expect it the next day? If tomorrow was a Sunday I'd get it... Help me out guys am I crazy? Fed ex can shove it haha next time I'll just stick with standard shipping, lesson learned. Sorry for the rant...

Liberator V3 VA
Dominix V3 GB
Dark Iniatiate V2 LE in FO (sons)
Iniatiate V2 in SRD (daughters)
Dark initiate V3 LE in CG (daughters)
Archon V2.1 CG/FO
Dark shock (emerald) custom
Standard Issue in CG
Dominix V2 LE in BR

Jedi_Dragonrider
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 13

"The Force is strong with this one!"

« Reply #2735 on: February 22, 2014, 02:21:57 AM »

At least I'm not the only one disappointed with FedEx.

give me points based or YOUR alignment, pleases.

The 97th Acolyte
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 93

Member of the Red Jedi Order

« Reply #2736 on: February 22, 2014, 05:11:00 PM »

Don't get me started. I'm a massive fan of US, but FedEx can go... Well. You can probably guess. It just seems like an Inconsistent way of doing things... In many areas. Especially Duty charges (Personally) and missed delivery (other forum member). I've always (just) caught my deliveries, so I haven't experienced that...

Scorpious, Its just the luck of the draw I guess... Still looking forward to my Raven Though. Cheesy And I think you did message me, yeah... Smiley

Raven VA - FOC Silver
Shock - FO
Manticore R+B Emerald
Dominix LE v3 - PO
Initiate LE v3 - AS
Liberator v3 Staff - SRD + CG
Dominix v2 Staff - RGB + BR

The Countess - Curved Custom
-
Behind the strangest of pretences can lie the best of things...

Aurick
Knight Commander

« Reply #2737 on: February 22, 2014, 06:30:38 PM »

At least I'm not the only one disappointed with FedEx.

Point for that brother

Liberator V3 VA
Dominix V3 GB
Archon V2.1 CG/FO
Standard Issue in CG
Dominix V2 LE in BR

Crowman76
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -144

Only the choices we make affect the path we follow

« Reply #2738 on: February 22, 2014, 07:11:25 PM »

I have been so used to my orders shipping the same day that when i ordered Thursday morning  i was disappointed when it was still processing Friday night, i even started to think something had gone wrong, i know the money has gone to US and ive convinced myself ive just been spoilt in the by the awesome speed  of US in the past, but knowing nothing will happen till at least mid afternoon my time on Monday is eating at me like an addict needing a fix lol   

DARK SIDE POINTS ONLY PLEASE
Scorpion in PO with AS FOC
Arcon v2.1 in CG with AB FOC
Bellicose in SY with FO FOC
Aeon V3 in CG (stunt)
Dominix LE v2 in BR
Consular in DVA with silver FOC

Aurick
Knight Commander

« Reply #2739 on: February 22, 2014, 07:43:53 PM »

Yes, all of what you said is so true. We are so used to above and beyond customer service that when it's "normal" we freak lol. I too worried something was wrong, and I PMed Deep, and sent him an email. In response I got my shipping notice haha.

Liberator V3 VA
Dominix V3 GB
Archon V2.1 CG/FO
Standard Issue in CG
Dominix V2 LE in BR

Crowman76
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -144

Only the choices we make affect the path we follow

« Reply #2740 on: February 22, 2014, 07:49:51 PM »

Yes, all of what you said is so true. We are so used to above and beyond customer service that when it's "normal" we freak lol. I too worried something was wrong, and I PMed Deep, and sent him an email. In response I got my shipping notice haha.

I think i will leave it till Monday evening (lunch time Ultra sabers time) just to make sure all is ok   

DARK SIDE POINTS ONLY PLEASE
Scorpion in PO with AS FOC
Arcon v2.1 in CG with AB FOC
Bellicose in SY with FO FOC
Aeon V3 in CG (stunt)
Dominix LE v2 in BR
Consular in DVA with silver FOC

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #2741 on: February 22, 2014, 08:56:18 PM »

Crowman, I wouldn't chase them, personally. Sometimes stuff gets in the way of work, amazingly enough Cheesy I placed an order between Christmas and New Year that took about 4 days to get filled and shipped... but given the time of year, that was fair enough.

The site does say to allow 2-3 weeks to ship, and while that's something of an anachronism nowadays, I'd be surprised if it's not out of the door within 5 working days. Wasn't there a US holiday this week just gone, too? That could mean a little backlog on orders.

Aurick, I'd say you have a case to seek a partial refund on the difference from FedEx, unless they can explain why the delay has been caused. It's cool that the options are there, though - with shipping to the UK (and, I guess, most of the rest of the world) you just have the option of International Standard, and it gets there when it gets there. Still, if you pay for overnight, and it doesn't say (unless you want it on Saturday, in which case we just take your money and laugh at you), then you should get it the next day.

Dragonrider, that does sound like a pretty poor system... but I would have to imagine that it's the best of a bad choice. FedEx live and die by their delivery timescales, so anything that works quicker will get adopted. And at least if it's sat in the truck, it shouldn't be taking another trip around their handling side of things, which would double the chance of you getting showered in lightsabre fragments when you open the box Wink

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Aurick
Knight Commander

« Reply #2742 on: February 22, 2014, 11:52:51 PM »

Sage advice James. I feel that in my exuberance I failed to research my options properly Sad I've spent months planning this purchase it's the biggest I'll likely have ( til next tax season anyway Smiley ) so I just wanted it now and made a silly decision to go with something I've not looked into properly. After the fact I looked up all the options in detail and had I got priority overnight it would be in my hands right now and I'd be doing a picture/video review for all to see... Alas I've learned a lesson in all of this. Happy sabering to all

Liberator V3 VA
Dominix V3 GB
Archon V2.1 CG/FO
Standard Issue in CG
Dominix V2 LE in BR

Aurick
Knight Commander

« Reply #2743 on: February 24, 2014, 03:26:00 PM »

Got wonderful news, three words "out for delivery" Smiley hopefully it comes in before I leave for work at 10:00. If not pics and review later tonight hopefully!!!

Liberator V3 VA
Dominix V3 GB
Archon V2.1 CG/FO
Standard Issue in CG
Dominix V2 LE in BR

Aurick
Knight Commander

« Reply #2744 on: February 24, 2014, 07:49:06 PM »

It's here!!! So excited can't wait to get home from work!! I get off at 7:30 so I should have some pics up hopefully by 9. That's if I'm not busy swinging it around of course!

Liberator V3 VA
Dominix V3 GB
Archon V2.1 CG/FO
Standard Issue in CG
Dominix V2 LE in BR

Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 915   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: