Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 915   Go Down
Author Topic: (im)Patiently waiting for my new _______!!!  (Read 2177084 times)
StarWarsForce
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -106

Light or Dark Points? You choose!

« Reply #3855 on: August 26, 2015, 07:42:53 PM »

I should be receiving my sabers today, tomorrow, and/or Friday. I ordered two separate packages to get 2 free premium grab bags per the last summer sale. I can't wait to get my Manticore CE (Emerald with Sound), Consular (Emerald with Sound), 2 free premium grab bag sabers (I upgraded one of them with Tri-Cree Adegan Silver set-up and Sound), and a couple of MHS compatible emitters. Oh, baby!

Sabers I own (in order of how I got them):
Dominix LE V4--AS--Stunt
Consular--Emerald RGBW--V4 Sound
Manticore CE--Emerald RGBW--V4 Sound
Crimson Reaper--Tri AS--V4 Sound (Free Premium GB)
Dark War Glaive Body/Crimson Reaper Emitter/Crimson Mantis Pommel Mix--BR--Stunt (Free Premium GB)
Dark Prophecy V3--DVA--V4 Sound
Initiate LE V4--CG--Lite Sound (2nd Summer Raffle Win, 4th Prize, 2016)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2774

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3856 on: August 26, 2015, 07:58:12 PM »

I should be receiving my sabers today, tomorrow, and/or Friday. I ordered two separate packages to get 2 free premium grab bags per the last summer sale. I can't wait to get my Manticore CE (Emerald with Sound), Consular (Emerald with Sound), 2 free premium grab bag sabers (I upgraded one of them with Tri-Cree Adegan Silver set-up and Sound), and a couple of MHS compatible emitters. Oh, baby!

Wow, you've got quite the fledgling collection starting.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #3857 on: August 26, 2015, 09:06:58 PM »

Yeah, that collection is expanding fast!
I look forward to see pictures of everything.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

StarWarsForce
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -106

Light or Dark Points? You choose!

« Reply #3858 on: August 27, 2015, 12:37:30 AM »

Yeah, this will bring me from one stunt saber to five sabers of varying electronics--pretty excited about that!. Needless to say, it'll be awhile before I buy any more Cheesy Tongue. But I wanted to go all out, and this seemed like a great deal to capitalize on. Yes, I will be posting a review of them. Thanks!

Sabers I own (in order of how I got them):
Dominix LE V4--AS--Stunt
Consular--Emerald RGBW--V4 Sound
Manticore CE--Emerald RGBW--V4 Sound
Crimson Reaper--Tri AS--V4 Sound (Free Premium GB)
Dark War Glaive Body/Crimson Reaper Emitter/Crimson Mantis Pommel Mix--BR--Stunt (Free Premium GB)
Dark Prophecy V3--DVA--V4 Sound
Initiate LE V4--CG--Lite Sound (2nd Summer Raffle Win, 4th Prize, 2016)

shadowzeak
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #3859 on: August 27, 2015, 03:12:01 AM »

So, the great benefit of living close to US's home base is that orders get delivered fast. As in, next day fast. I didn't even choose any expedited shipping, and boom, my parts were here.  Shocked So, all the electronics have been wired up and everything works. I just have to drill out the hole a bit for the AV switch, and I can put it all together. The only downside is that I'm not sure I like the Dark Prophecy pommel on this hilt after all. The thread OD is larger than the exposed OD, so there's an abrupt change from the Shock body to the pommel. Plus, there's nothing to stop it from being screwed in too far. I originally went with this pommel to keep the overall hilt length fairly short so I have a good balance between it and my Dark Initiate while dual wielding. I'll have to take a look at some of the other pommels and come up with something. Oh and the other thing- it's completely solid. I knew there wouldn't be any sound vents, but I didn't take into account the entire length when I thought of drilling my own. So there's a good 1.25" or so of solid aluminum to drill through...  Undecided

On the bright side, the Reaper emitter looks great on the Dark Shock body. It looks just the way I had imagined  Grin

Saber Collection:
Dark Initiate LE V4: FO
Scorpion (no claws): CG

I lean Light Side, but occasionally have Dark Side tendancies

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3860 on: August 27, 2015, 05:28:19 PM »

Never been a huge fan of the Proph pommel. Especially after somebody dropped my Dark Proph. Since the pommel doesn't tee to make a stop for the body threads, it went below the edge of the body tube, and the drop bent the overhang over the pommel locking it into place. I had to get needle nose plier in there to get it "fixed".

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

shadowzeak
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #3861 on: August 27, 2015, 06:45:59 PM »

Eeehhh....that's no fun. I have a Dark Catalyst pommel hanging around I might try. Looking at the various sabers on the site, I like the look of the Manticore pommel. Which is interesting because I'm not really a fan of the emitter. But, it doesn't come in black...I could ask Emory if they have/get one in black anodized, stick with the silver look, get one and paint it, try to find somewhere to get it anodized black for me, or try anodizing it myself. I've looked up how to do it, but I'm not entirely sure. It doesn't seem to hard, but at the same time I don't want to mess up the part if  I do it wrong.

Saber Collection:

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3862 on: August 27, 2015, 06:57:50 PM »

Eeehhh....that's no fun. I have a Dark Catalyst pommel hanging around I might try. Looking at the various sabers on the site, I like the look of the Manticore pommel. Which is interesting because I'm not really a fan of the emitter. But, it doesn't come in black...I could ask Emory if they have/get one in black anodized, stick with the silver look, get one and paint it, try to find somewhere to get it anodized black for me, or try anodizing it myself. I've looked up how to do it, but I'm not entirely sure. It doesn't seem to hard, but at the same time I don't want to mess up the part if  I do it wrong.

You're sick. I've never heard anyone dog the Manticore emitter. However, if you are talking about the LP Manticore pommel, a really good substitute would be a Dark Menace pommel. The only difference is the vertical grooves on the Manti pommel (which personally I now regret getting on mine). I have since put my Menace Pommel on it. It looks better IMO, and since I view the Menace as incomplete until I staff it, I don't really care what pommel it has on it.

Sig by For Tyeth

shadowzeak
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #3863 on: August 27, 2015, 07:17:05 PM »

You're sick. I've never heard anyone dog the Manticore emitter. However, if you are talking about the LP Manticore pommel, a really good substitute would be a Dark Menace pommel. The only difference is the vertical grooves on the Manti pommel (which personally I now regret getting on mine). I have since put my Menace Pommel on it. It looks better IMO, and since I view the Menace as incomplete until I staff it, I don't really care what pommel it has on it.

Mmmm, I might do that. I had initially considered the Menace pommel, but I was attracted to the groves on the LP Manticore. The question is, though, how would the LP Man. look in black? It certainly looks good in the default silver, but thinking about it, the grooves might not stand out as much in black. The Menace would certainly give a nice smooth end to the hilt, and is already available in black. Like I said, I'm going to give the Catalyst pommel I have a try and see how that looks before I order anything else. I picked up a step bit so I can drill out the hole for the AV switch when I get home from work. Hopefully I can have some pictures up tonight when it's all finished.

And there's something about the "disk" at the top of the Manticore emitter....I don't know, I'm just not a fan of it for some reason. It's not hideous or anything, but it's not really a style I'd go with.

Saber Collection:

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3864 on: August 27, 2015, 07:42:16 PM »

The Menace would certainly give a nice smooth end to the hilt, and is already available in black. Like I said, I'm going to give the Catalyst pommel I have a try and see how that looks before I order anything else. I picked up a step bit so I can drill out the hole for the AV switch when I get home from work. Hopefully I can have some pictures up tonight when it's all finished.

That's what I'm screaming. Smooth. That is why I disliked the LP pommel. The lines made it scream that it was a separate part, where the Menace pommel made the entire taper at the end of the Manticore look like the pommel. I've wanted to try out a Catalyst pommel, but just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

And there's something about the "disk" at the top of the Manticore emitter....I don't know, I'm just not a fan of it for some reason. It's not hideous or anything, but it's not really a style I'd go with.

I believe the Manticore emitter was an early attempt to create something similar to Darth Maul's emitter. I will admit, for all its great looks, it is a very heavy emitter. I've been eye-balling the new black one they're offering in DIY parts.

Sig by For Tyeth

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #3865 on: August 27, 2015, 07:53:04 PM »

you could look for someone who does powder coating. many color choices and really make it a one off. black chrome or anthracite would be sick....just an idea.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

shadowzeak
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #3866 on: August 27, 2015, 07:59:10 PM »

That's what I'm screaming. Smooth. That is why I disliked the LP pommel. The lines made it scream that it was a separate part, where the Menace pommel made the entire taper at the end of the Manticore look like the pommel. I've wanted to try out a Catalyst pommel, but just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

I believe the Manticore emitter was an early attempt to create something similar to Darth Maul's emitter. I will admit, for all its great looks, it is a very heavy emitter. I've been eye-balling the new black one they're offering in DIY parts.

Hmmm, that might look good. Looking at it again, I think what I dislike is the "disk" portion being separated so much from the rest of the emitter. If it were to be cut at the bottom of the extension where the retention screw is, flipped upside down, and re-attached, I think it would better. But that's just me.

you could look for someone who does powder coating. many color choices and really make it a one off. black chrome or anthracite would be sick....just an idea.

That does sound pretty awesome. Probably not this time, but it's something to think about. Living in Houston, there are TONS of machine shops and places that offer surface finishings and the like, so it wouldn't be too hard to find one.

Saber Collection:

Locutis
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -100

Jedi or Sith? Let the board decide my fate!

« Reply #3867 on: August 27, 2015, 09:06:33 PM »

Got my sabers! Grin

My Premium Grab Bag is a Reaper with a Dark War Glaive body in either FO or PO. Cool

I'll try to get some pictures of the Renegade LE and Dark War Reaper this weekend! Shocked

Emerald Menace SE*
~Emerald Manticore*
Dark Monarch Scepter CG*
Dark Arbiter DVA*
Scorpion FO*
Dark Prophecy SY*
Shock GB*
~Overlord SRD*
~Liberator CE BR
~Dark Liberator AB
Dominix V3 AS
Phantasm LE CG
Prophecy V3 DVA
Standard Issue
Raven BR
Aeon LE V3 GB
Initiate V3 ABx2 & HP
Dominix V2 BR
Aeon V2 GB & EG
*Obsidian
~Raffle Prize

shadowzeak
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #3868 on: August 27, 2015, 09:09:24 PM »

Got my sabers! Grin

My Premium Grab Bag is a Reaper with a Dark War Glaive body in either FO or PO. Cool

I'll try to get some pictures of the Renegade LE and Dark War Reaper this weekend! Shocked

Nice!! I'd love to see that Renegade.

Saber Collection:

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3869 on: August 27, 2015, 09:20:02 PM »

I HATE YOU!!!!! Grin Grin Tongue

(Just so no one thinks I'm a total jerk, this is intended as a complete joke.)

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 915   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: