Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 915   Go Down
Author Topic: (im)Patiently waiting for my new _______!!!  (Read 2171137 times)
Mars Halgon
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #5325 on: January 27, 2016, 11:16:16 PM »

Letting the order process now with a wait or waiting until summer to order again is still waiting.

Logically the order in processing now should arrive before you would order again in Summer.  15 weeks is April or May presently.

I agree.  And as many others have observerd, Lightsabers in general are selling like hot cakes.  Looks like some of the Force FX ones are getting price gauged by the few online retailers that still carry them..  ThinkGeek sold out.   And from looking at other vendors that offer products similar to Ultrasabers (combat lightsabers), those wait times are way longer.  I saw on one thread on someone else's site, that they had been waiting 8 weeks without any movement, and there was a statement about a loss/theft/lost transaction record of somewhere like a thousand sabers.   From what I can tell, Ultrasabers is totally the one to have, the one to wait for, and the one to be so stoked about that you would stay with them for future saber-ing needs.  Of course, there are always other options, I suppose... I saw one custom saber guy who makes sabers just himself that you can submit your own designs too, but he won't even talk to you unless you submit $1500 up front.  Yikes.  And I'd imagine he's also overworked too.  Bottom line:  TFA has driven lightsaber demand through the roof.  So, no matter what, you're going to have to wait for it.  So, if you want any kind of dueling quality saber, whether it be an Ultrasaber, other vendors, or a crazy multi-thousand dollar custom job, looks like you're going to be waiting... 

Serotonin1363
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -5

« Reply #5326 on: January 28, 2016, 12:53:56 AM »

I know all about passion and impatience, but isn't that a little bit overreacting?

I understand it's a handmade item but what drove me to make the cancellation is the extremely late posting of the battery packs and the extra wait time.  If my order (or others) is going to be late, we (I'm speaking for those who found out about this) would at least have an email sent to us about extra wait time due to a missing part.  I know it will not fit in V2 initiates and I'm alright with the restocking fee.  If I can speak for some people who are in my shoes,  I felt like my order (along with others) are being placed on the back-burner and not acknowledged.  I've seen some post on FB with sabers for sale and I came across some cash so I can get those instead of waiting 3+ months for a saber/saberstaff that I may have difficulty with.

Dark Side points for this bounty hunter!!!

Spades
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 62

My spirit guide is the Cheshire Cat

« Reply #5327 on: January 28, 2016, 01:41:55 AM »

I understand it's a handmade item but what drove me to make the cancellation is the extremely late posting of the battery packs and the extra wait time.  If my order (or others) is going to be late, we (I'm speaking for those who found out about this) would at least have an email sent to us about extra wait time due to a missing part.  I know it will not fit in V2 initiates and I'm alright with the restocking fee.  If I can speak for some people who are in my shoes,  I felt like my order (along with others) are being placed on the back-burner and not acknowledged.  I've seen some post on FB with sabers for sale and I came across some cash so I can get those instead of waiting 3+ months for a saber/saberstaff that I may have difficulty with.

do they charge restocking fee if the order is canceled before it is assembled?

Dark Initiate v4 (4 channel Emerald w/ Obsidian v4)

Signature Made By: DarthScrub

GavC
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 7

Keep Calm and Carry a Lightsaber

« Reply #5328 on: January 28, 2016, 01:42:46 AM »

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god. Just had email confirmation of my saber being shipped. Should be with me on Tuesday. How am I going to make it through the weekend.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Standard Issue Battle Saber with Consular Green Blade & V4 Sound

Scoimpious
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 18

Light side points please.

« Reply #5329 on: January 28, 2016, 01:45:37 AM »

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god. Just had email confirmation of my saber being shipped. Should be with me on Tuesday. How am I going to make it through the weekend.

Congrats!  When did you place the order?   What did you get? 

Owned:  Guardian in nickle, Emerald RGBW, Obsidian v4, blue AV switch, and charge port.

Ordered:  Menace CE, Tri-Cree Blazing Red, Obsidian v4, red AV switch, and charge port.

GavC
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 7

Keep Calm and Carry a Lightsaber

« Reply #5330 on: January 28, 2016, 02:00:38 AM »

I ordered on 7/1/16. I ordered Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 with Obsidian Lite[Blade LED Color:Consular Green][Flash on Clash:No Flash][Obsidian Lite Battery Configuration:Standard Setup][Blade Length:36" Standard Size][Blade Option:Mid Grade][Obsidian Lite Sound:Obsidian Lite Soundboard][Pommel:Regular Vented Pommel (hole in bottom) [Recommended]][Switch Type (Momentary):Silver Non-Illuminated AV Switch][Blade Tip:Round Tip][Include Retention Screw Wrench:Sure!][Include Blade Plug:Yes, Include Standard Plug][Include Saber Stand:No Thanks][Include Covertec Clip:Yes!][Install Covertec Wheel:Yes ($10 install + $4 covertec)]
But when I found out the obsidian lite was out of stock I emailed about upgrading to the V4 sound as I had been looking on here and realised all the benefits of premium sound for not much more money.
Corey has been very helpful with changing my order.

Standard Issue Battle Saber with Consular Green Blade & V4 Sound

Scoimpious
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 18

Light side points please.

« Reply #5331 on: January 28, 2016, 02:06:34 AM »

You must mean January 1, 2016, right?  That's actually not too bad. 

Owned:  Guardian in nickle, Emerald RGBW, Obsidian v4, blue AV switch, and charge port.

Ordered:  Menace CE, Tri-Cree Blazing Red, Obsidian v4, red AV switch, and charge port.

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #5332 on: January 28, 2016, 02:16:32 AM »

GavC--Corey's been cool for me too. Smiley  Yes, I got impatient and went ahead and ordered a second blade (main blade on my Flamberge didn't show up for whatever reason) but I know he's backed up as heck and I knew I was going to want a spare so oh well. Wink

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

Nick8007
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -25

« Reply #5333 on: January 28, 2016, 02:53:05 AM »

I ordered my obsidian lite with standard battery setup on 1/3...this posting was of 1/11 appparently for the battery pack. In my email, they only mentioned that the LITE was holding this order up, no mention of the battery pack. You think it's still 4 weeks for me? Also, how much did they charge for the v4 upgrade? I'm considering this...growing impatient

Dark side points appreciated

Serotonin1363
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #5334 on: January 28, 2016, 06:24:29 AM »

The last time I spoke with US Customer Service is with someone named Brandon.  Do I have a good chance my question will be answered in a timely manner (as in within 5 days)?

Serotonin1363
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #5335 on: January 28, 2016, 06:27:02 AM »

do they charge restocking fee if the order is canceled before it is assembled?

It may but honestly at this point, I don't care.  The anxious wait killed my grades in one of my classes for a different order so I might as well cut my losses and get something that I am guaranteed at this point through ebay, etsy or someone selling on facebook.

Akoxol
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 8

« Reply #5336 on: January 28, 2016, 06:49:44 AM »

Hey at least we're buying these sabers for a good price not to mention how much people are selling "custom" sabers (really ultrasabers) for a ridiculous price

Odin Lowe
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 17

« Reply #5337 on: January 28, 2016, 08:16:12 AM »

The last time I spoke with US Customer Service is with someone named Brandon.  Do I have a good chance my question will be answered in a timely manner (as in within 5 days)?

I've e-mailed them about a 10 days ago, and at that time Brandon was the one who helped me. Answer time in my case was 1-2 days, max. We exchanged a few e-mails, as I had a few questions and changes for my blade type.

I'm at 28 days. Ordered a Guardian with lite soundboard, standard finish, on December 31st. (Still waiting for the Lite soundboard, which is only 2-4 days away.)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 08:19:54 AM by Odin Lowe » Logged

Moggarth
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #5338 on: January 28, 2016, 11:31:14 AM »

that AAA standard battery setup has been the final straw for me.
Asked for refund, contacted my bank to chase up the dispute. No way I am paying a 20% restocking fee when they have gone over there lead time

Spades
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 62

My spirit guide is the Cheshire Cat

« Reply #5339 on: January 28, 2016, 01:05:24 PM »

that AAA standard battery setup has been the final straw for me.
Asked for refund, contacted my bank to chase up the dispute. No way I am paying a 20% restocking fee when they have gone over there lead time

I am sorry to hear that. do whatever you're gonna do. Best of luck. I would ask for an update, but im not sure if you are coming back. either way  best wishes

this is important for me to say that if you recieved your shipping notification,  and the tracking number doesn't quite work here is what I believe the process looks like for shipping having done it twice now.

When your saber is ready, US makes a label via shipping preference.  (in my case fedex)
monday some time it will be picked up and then your actual delivery date is adjusted.  (in my case it was just 3 days from pickup, Fedex ground option)

dont quote me but I think US has scheduled pickup. so if you get your shipping notice (unless it says "tendered to fedex for delivery") then it is sitting in limbo just waiting. the delivery date is wrong until fedex gets the package.

if you choose usps, IDK because i have used fedex twice.
but I would assume something similar.

I dont want to piss in your cheerios, just let you know that it may not e in fedex's possession until monday which may change your delivery date depending on where it is going 

Dark Initiate v4 (4 channel Emerald w/ Obsidian v4)

Signature Made By: DarthScrub

Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 915   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: