Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 357 358 [359] 360 361 ... 915   Go Down
Author Topic: (im)Patiently waiting for my new _______!!!  (Read 2171305 times)
explodingpuppet
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #5370 on: January 28, 2016, 09:58:37 PM »

After emailing and upgrading my saber from Obsidian Lite to the v3 sound, my Standard Finish Guardian just shipped out, ordered it on the 31st.

Time to continue my game of waiting

twitch77
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #5371 on: January 28, 2016, 10:03:24 PM »

8 days in so far. I'm not growing impatient yet! I don't think I'll start getting too anxious till week 3 of still seeing "processing".

My order is just a dark apprentice v4 with no sound. They're probably working on getting their higher end/more expensive orders out before worrying about cheap sabers like mine...which makes sense to me.

Still...I hit my refresh button on my order details page at least a billion times a day! Tongue lol

Layana
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -354

Dark side points please ^^

« Reply #5372 on: January 28, 2016, 10:06:20 PM »

8 days in so far. I'm not growing impatient yet! I don't think I'll start getting too anxious till week 3 of still seeing "processing".

My order is just a dark apprentice v4 with no sound. They're probably working on getting their higher end/more expensive orders out before worrying about cheap sabers like mine...which makes sense to me.

Still...I hit my refresh button on my order details page at least a billion times a day! Tongue lol

I ordered a grab bag (stunt, cheap, random) and got it in 13 days within ordering; 9 days of it waiting to be shipped and another 4 for the shipping. I think that the cheap ones will not go slower (although there was an issues with battery packs... don't know about that, but the issue was there even before I ordered and I still got mine with a battery pack, so no idea about that)

Owned:
Spectre (Diamond)
Dark Sentinel LE V4 (Diamond)
Dark Sentinel V4 (Emerald & Obsidian V4)
Manticore (Emerald & Obsidian V4)
Flamberge V2, Adegan Silver sideblades (Emerald & Obsidian V4)
Dark Prophecy, Blazing Red (Obsidian V4)
Prophecy, Guardian Blue (Obsidian V4)
Dark Sentinel V4, Sun Rider's Destiny (Obsidian V5)
Dark Apprentice v4, Guardian Blue (Stunt)

Sold:
Dark Shock (Emerald & Obsidian V4)
Dominix LE V3, TRI Consular Green (Obsidian V4)
Dominix LE V3, Adegan Silver (Stunt)
Aeon LE V4, Consular Green (Stunt)

Serotonin1363
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -5

« Reply #5373 on: January 28, 2016, 10:08:07 PM »

THIS! Also you people who are being slammed with the 20% restock fee when you're cancelling because the time has now pushed out of US projected window: http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0221-billed-merchandise-you-never-received

"If the seller is unable to ship within the promised time, it must notify you, give a revised shipping date and give you the chance to cancel for a full refund or accept the new shipping date."-FTC

Not trying to cause issues, just want to inform people who are about to be slammed with the 20% restock fee on an un-built saber. Because that's not how you do business.

That being said I also ordered a LITE board and if/when my order slips outside the US lead time that was originally stated when I placed my order I will cancel and I will get my full refund back.

I understand that US is getting slammed and that's great for them! Perhaps they need to change the way they charge people cards. Instead of a instant full charge on checkout they need to just verify the card on checkout then when the item ships they then charge the full amount of the order. That will help greatly with the growing pains they are facing and would avoid this current backorder blues on the forums. Undecided

I was very happy when I found US and ordered my sons saber. I started lurking on the forums and reading up on news and reviews. Then I read about the LITE board backorders (which I never got an E-mail of) so I lowered my expectations on when the saber will arrive. Then I read about the boards coming back in stock late this week to next week so I started planning how I would present the saber to my son.

The next day the bomb dropped, I heard about the additional four week backorder of the 4AAA battery holders. US should have notified everyone affected via E-mail and forum presence. Lack of communication leads down a dark path.

So naturally people got upset and started the refund process due to the wait time now being twice as long. So it puts people in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation with the 20% fee. So use the info above and contact your bank or credit card service and get a full refund.

Sorry for the wall of text, this is my first post and had a lot to get off my chest  Grin Again I think US is a good company but they need to hire/provide additional customer service on the forums, because communication is the key to success.

TL;DR Ultra Sabers is a good company working 24/7 thats experiencing growing pains. Fight for your full refund amount. Good luck and may the force be with you.

Plissken out.

Now this I can definetely use because I calculated the amount of the full order and I would be giving them $30 just to cancel it.  I understand that this is a business and things can fall through but I don't think that this "restocking fee," for an item that I never got, is good business.  Give the customer like a warning that they will refund this for free because of the situation but for the second time or more, there should be one.

Dark Side points for this bounty hunter!!!

Scoimpious
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 18

Light side points please.

« Reply #5374 on: January 28, 2016, 10:17:06 PM »

I would suggest a number of areas for improvement that, in my view, would go a long way towards better customer relations and communication.  

First, the order tracking on the US website is a bit frustrating because it appears to offer account holders the ability to review orders, change quantities, or cancel orders.  But the reality is that you can't change anything.  I have placed two orders within the last week, one for a saber and one for an extra blade and some parts.  In both instances, the order became unchangeable and non-cancellable the instant I placed it.  Clicking the "View or Change Order" button gets you to a page with the statement:  "This order has already shipped or has reached the final stages of processing. Therefore this order is no longer editable."  Obviously this is not true since I checked this just moments after I placed both orders.  For me, this is frustrating because the website seems disingenuous and deceptive.   Further, allowing people to cancel pending (but unbuilt) orders directly and without penalty is appropriate under the current circumstances.  I have no intention of cancelling my orders, but the functionality should be there.  

Second, most of what I just said would be pretty much okay if US was responding to email communications in a timely way.  But they are not.  I understand that they are slammed and that they are getting a lot of email, but when I email them with my order number and the words "please respond" in the subject line of the email, I think US should make providing a timely response a priority.  

Third, given their current situation, I think US should be communicating better on this forum.  If they know that they are taking weeks to respond to emails from people who have placed orders with them and already paid hundreds of dollars, they need to address this and communicate about it on the forum.  I know they are slammed, but forum announcements by the US administrators are a highly time-efficient way of keeping their customers informed and preventing them from feeling ignored or neglected.  Some have received auto-replies explaining the delay, but I am not one of them.  For me it has been pure silence. 

Stepping off my soap box now..... Smiley
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 10:26:37 PM by Scoimpious » Logged

Owned:  Guardian in nickle, Emerald RGBW, Obsidian v4, blue AV switch, and charge port.

Ordered:  Menace CE, Tri-Cree Blazing Red, Obsidian v4, red AV switch, and charge port.

Darth Blightus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -201

dark side points

« Reply #5375 on: January 28, 2016, 10:36:06 PM »

this is a really long thread

Only in darkness can one see the true light.

JediGato
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 5

« Reply #5376 on: January 28, 2016, 10:58:26 PM »

My second post (first being the acknowledgment of forum rules) was on page 295 haha.

I know US is getting slapped with the number of orders coming in like they never have seen before, but maybe this could lead to a revamping of sorts for order monitoring.

Emory "Deep" has historically listened to feedback from the forum so I think he'd continue to do this once he and his team have a moment to catch their breath.

Just my $.02.

Initiate V3 Obsidian Sound Light - FOC - Illuminated AV Switch - Coming Home Soon (1/2/16 Born Date)

Hook Yoda up with some Light Points.

Scoimpious
Knight Officer

« Reply #5377 on: January 28, 2016, 11:03:05 PM »

Started in May 2011.  We're a patient bunch. 

Owned:  Guardian in nickle, Emerald RGBW, Obsidian v4, blue AV switch, and charge port.

Ordered:  Menace CE, Tri-Cree Blazing Red, Obsidian v4, red AV switch, and charge port.

THX1138
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 41

« Reply #5378 on: January 28, 2016, 11:16:10 PM »

I would suggest a number of areas for improvement that, in my view, would go a long way towards better customer relations and communication.  

First, the order tracking on the US website is a bit frustrating because it appears to offer account holders the ability to review orders, change quantities, or cancel orders.  But the reality is that you can't change anything.  I have placed two orders within the last week, one for a saber and one for an extra blade and some parts.  In both instances, the order became unchangeable and non-cancellable the instant I placed it.  Clicking the "View or Change Order" button gets you to a page with the statement:  "This order has already shipped or has reached the final stages of processing. Therefore this order is no longer editable."  Obviously this is not true since I checked this just moments after I placed both orders.  For me, this is frustrating because the website seems disingenuous and deceptive.   Further, allowing people to cancel pending (but unbuilt) orders directly and without penalty is appropriate under the current circumstances.  I have no intention of cancelling my orders, but the functionality should be there.  

Second, most of what I just said would be pretty much okay if US was responding to email communications in a timely way.  But they are not.  I understand that they are slammed and that they are getting a lot of email, but when I email them with my order number and the words "please respond" in the subject line of the email, I think US should make providing a timely response a priority.  

Third, given their current situation, I think US should be communicating better on this forum.  If they know that they are taking weeks to respond to emails from people who have placed orders with them and already paid hundreds of dollars, they need to address this and communicate about it on the forum.  I know they are slammed, but forum announcements by the US administrators are a highly time-efficient way of keeping their customers informed and preventing them from feeling ignored or neglected.  Some have received auto-replies explaining the delay, but I am not one of them.  For me it has been pure silence. 

Stepping off my soap box now..... Smiley

I agree.

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #5379 on: January 28, 2016, 11:18:27 PM »

Remember they are getting paid to make sabers.  Not necessarily answer emails.  Though undoubtedly they have people for that.  But with thousands of orders a week, plus who knows how many emails...things take time.  And there is only so much time in a day.  People still need to eat and sleep, if nothing else, and Federal and State laws likely limit the amount of time they can have an employee work, even in Texas.

They need time.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Darth Slayvius
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -10

Dark Side Points much appreciated

« Reply #5380 on: January 28, 2016, 11:21:55 PM »

Just sent them an email asking if i can upgrade to obsidian v4 so my order will be sent out faster, fingers crossed that this works out.

Saber - Dark Menace/Tri-Blazing Red/Obsidian v4/36" HG Blade

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #5381 on: January 28, 2016, 11:41:54 PM »

I still think the Obsidian v4 is worth it for the ability to mute the sound whenever you want.  You don't always want the saber to hum and swoosh, but also don't want a stunt saber.  If the Obsidian v3 or LITE had a mute option that kept the blade lit or didn't involve programming another font into it, then the v4 wouldn't be worth the extra money.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Darth Slayvius
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -10

Dark Side Points much appreciated

« Reply #5382 on: January 28, 2016, 11:47:23 PM »

I still think the Obsidian v4 is worth it for the ability to mute the sound whenever you want.  You don't always want the saber to hum and swoosh, but also don't want a stunt saber.  If the Obsidian v3 or LITE had a mute option that kept the blade lit or didn't involve programming another font into it, then the v4 wouldn't be worth the extra money.

Very good to know! thank you

Saber - Dark Menace/Tri-Blazing Red/Obsidian v4/36" HG Blade

Spades
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 62

My spirit guide is the Cheshire Cat

« Reply #5383 on: January 29, 2016, 01:13:52 AM »

good to know the law. always is.

but whatever im ready for a grab bag or something BOOOSH!

Dark Initiate v4 (4 channel Emerald w/ Obsidian v4)

Signature Made By: DarthScrub

Scoimpious
Knight Officer

« Reply #5384 on: January 29, 2016, 01:17:38 AM »

I think we can all agree that this is particularly difficult time for those of us who are waiting to receive our very first saber.   Cry 

First world problems....

Pages: 1 ... 357 358 [359] 360 361 ... 915   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: