Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 455 456 [457] 458 459 ... 915   Go Down
Author Topic: (im)Patiently waiting for my new _______!!!  (Read 2177554 times)
Caedyss
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -84

Dark Side Please

« Reply #6840 on: June 15, 2016, 03:25:53 PM »

I was hoping it would arrive today. My wife is off work so there would be someone at the house all day. Unfortunately tracked says it just landed in Edmonton, so it will be tomorrow at the earliest when no one is home. We don't have a FedEx depot anywhere near here.

Thus the fun part of living in the middle of nowhere.

Sabers Owned:
Emerald Manticore
Emerald Dark Initiate LE v4 (x2 w/ coupler made into saberstaff)
Renegade LE (BR)
Consular Stunt Saber (GB)
Dominix v2 Stunt Saber (BR)
Badaxx Genesis Custom Saber (BR)
Force FX Luke Skywalker ROTJ
Force FX Anakin Skywalker EPIII
Force FX Mace Windu
Force FX Darth Maul Staff

TheDarkOpossum
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -94

A Sith with a heart of gold

« Reply #6841 on: June 15, 2016, 04:33:29 PM »

THE EXCITEMENT.

Oh hey, your saber is in my neck of the woods!  *waves to Scope's saber*

I was hoping it would arrive today. My wife is off work so there would be someone at the house all day. Unfortunately tracked says it just landed in Edmonton, so it will be tomorrow at the earliest when no one is home. We don't have a FedEx depot anywhere near here.

Thus the fun part of living in the middle of nowhere.

If you feel that it would be secure to do so, you can log onto Fedex's site, select to customize your delivery, and print out a shipment release authorization which you sign and tape to your door.  That will allow the carrier to leave the package without your presence being necessary (this is only the case with packages where an indirect signature is required, which is what US packages utilize).  I have also on occasion simply written a note, signed it, and taped it to my door; I've had success with that method as well, but I would presume that the more official document is preferable.

Cosplayer, Ecdysiast, and Variety Arts Performer
Tabletop Roleplayer for Life

Dark Apprentice v4 Staff - Violet Amethyst - Dahkali Vlakuhs (Twilight)/Clirnye'ata (Serenity)
Emerald Dark War Glaive - Dark Violet Amethyst x2 - The Doom Stick (working title)
Obsidian Consular - Consular Green/Adegan Silver FOC - Raffle Prize

Wishlist:
Catalyst, Chosen One CE, Archon v3.1, Raven

Caedyss
Knight Officer

Dark Side Please

« Reply #6842 on: June 15, 2016, 05:27:09 PM »

Oh hey, your saber is in my neck of the woods!  *waves to Scope's saber*

If you feel that it would be secure to do so, you can log onto Fedex's site, select to customize your delivery, and print out a shipment release authorization which you sign and tape to your door.  That will allow the carrier to leave the package without your presence being necessary (this is only the case with packages where an indirect signature is required, which is what US packages utilize).  I have also on occasion simply written a note, signed it, and taped it to my door; I've had success with that method as well, but I would presume that the more official document is preferable.

I'll have to look into that. I'm just dreading the delivery because last time our US orders were en route, FedEx was horrible. I was deployed and the wife was the only one home. She informed them of this and they insisted on trying to deliver while she was working. They "threatened" to return the package at our expense and lied saying they delivered at certain times she WAS home and no showing.

I called them yesterday to pay the extra duty fees and asked them about this and she assured me they'd work around our schedule. If nothing else, I work 5 mins from home so I can leave a note on the door with instructions to call me for pick up.

Now that all being said, I just checked the tracking and it says tomorrow by 0915. I believe Jenn starts work by noon, so I may be in luck.

Sabers Owned:
Emerald Manticore
Renegade LE (BR)
Force FX Mace Windu

Scope
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 20

:|

« Reply #6843 on: June 15, 2016, 05:40:17 PM »

Since there's a good chance that I won't be home when they're delivered I put in for a delivery change to the nearest FedEx Office location.

Huzzah.

>:/

Owned: 

Scorpion (Emerald (RGBW), Obsidian V4)
Manticore (Guardian Blue, Obsidian LITE)
Dark Initiate LE v4 Stunt Saber (Tri-Blazing Red)
Dark Mantis (Blazing Red, Obsidian v4)

DarthDradeus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -64

With a title like Darth....dark side points please

« Reply #6844 on: June 15, 2016, 08:17:19 PM »

What I don't understand is why FedEx has simply dropped off my sabers (I've had three separate orders) without a signature, note, or anything. I even looked at the information on the shipments and it says specifically that a signature is required. Maybe my FedEx peeps here are just lazy Tongue It does irk me though as having a $300+ saber sitting on my porch all day is not the best of situations.

Scope
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #6845 on: June 15, 2016, 08:25:30 PM »

It does irk me though as having a $300+ saber sitting on my porch all day is not the best of situations.

At least (from what I've seen in unboxing videos) they use a long, brown, nondescript package.

I'd much rather have that sitting at my front door over something like a printer ordered from Newegg/Tigerdirect/etc. where they just slap the shipping label on the box it came in.  Tongue

Owned: 

HeinekenMoonwalker
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #6846 on: June 15, 2016, 11:00:32 PM »

Woo! I got it, and it's frickon amazing! lol. Kind wish I had ordered the USB cable with it, could have sworn I had one, but now can't find it, you know how that is. I would have posted a lot sooner, but couldn't peel myself of swinging my new Consular around until the battery died, lol.

“Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.” — Ernest Hemingway

Scope
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #6847 on: June 16, 2016, 12:16:43 AM »

Kind wish I had ordered the USB cable with it, could have sworn I had one, but now can't find it, you know how that is.

I didn't order one with my Emerald because I have a whoooole bunch of USB A to Mini B's lying around, lol.

https://amzn.com/B00NH13S44

But if ya need one you could always just grab one from Amazon.

Owned: 

TheDarkOpossum
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -94

A Sith with a heart of gold

« Reply #6848 on: June 16, 2016, 01:29:39 AM »

Welp, I couldn't take the suspense and decided to drive over to the hub and collect my package (which I immediately tore into and now my back seat is now smattered with packing peanuts).

I got a CG Consular! It is gorgeous. There will be pics in the thread in the Gallery forthcoming!

Cosplayer, Ecdysiast, and Variety Arts Performer
Tabletop Roleplayer for Life

Dark Apprentice v4 Staff - Violet Amethyst - Dahkali Vlakuhs (Twilight)/Clirnye'ata (Serenity)
Emerald Dark War Glaive - Dark Violet Amethyst x2 - The Doom Stick (working title)
Obsidian Consular - Consular Green/Adegan Silver FOC - Raffle Prize

Wishlist:
Catalyst, Chosen One CE, Archon v3.1, Raven

Eques Discipulus
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 29

Light side points please.

« Reply #6849 on: June 16, 2016, 06:43:21 AM »

Welp, I couldn't take the suspense and decided to drive over to the hub and collect my package (which I immediately tore into and now my back seat is now smattered with packing peanuts).

I got a CG Consular! It is gorgeous. There will be pics in the thread in the Gallery forthcoming!

That does sound amazing.  I considered ordering one of those, but instead my Archon 3.1 arrives tomorrow with a raffle prize.  I know that feeling of suspense.  I can't wait to see what it is.

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet the Force.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2774

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6850 on: June 16, 2016, 05:38:33 PM »

Project:BOOYA! is finally finished being painted. Drahcir has sent me pics of the end results and they are fantastic. Now I have to wait for them to travel across the country for Lord C to work his alchemy, and then all shall be revealed.

Holy crap, I haven't waited this long to get a saber since I first learned of US and didn't have a job. Sad

Oh well, the results of my patience will be handsomely rewarded. Grin

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Scope
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #6851 on: June 16, 2016, 07:53:30 PM »

Oh hello, what's this?

Owned: 

Scope
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #6852 on: June 16, 2016, 10:08:28 PM »

It was my Manticore, but...    well, there are some issues.

1) When activated about 8 times out of 10 the saber will perform a flash on clash within a second of being lit, for no real discernable reason.   Fire up, flash, then proceed as normal.  It doesn't happen when the blade is out.

2) I learned that this thing doesn't like Energizer MAX AAA batteries, as when I replaced them the saber would flicker for a second before restarting with the "Obsidian" sound, and one time it actually glitched out where the sound shut off and it was stuck in pink.  I swapped the originals back in.

Owned: 

Caedyss
Knight Officer

Dark Side Please

« Reply #6853 on: June 16, 2016, 10:31:43 PM »

Woohoo! They came! They finally came!

So happy! Pictures posted in the gallery. Cheesy

Sabers Owned:
Emerald Manticore
Renegade LE (BR)
Force FX Mace Windu

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2774

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6854 on: June 17, 2016, 03:15:39 PM »

It was my Manticore, but...    well, there are some issues.

1) When activated about 8 times out of 10 the saber will perform a flash on clash within a second of being lit, for no real discernable reason.   Fire up, flash, then proceed as normal.  It doesn't happen when the blade is out.

2) I learned that this thing doesn't like Energizer MAX AAA batteries, as when I replaced them the saber would flicker for a second before restarting with the "Obsidian" sound, and one time it actually glitched out where the sound shut off and it was stuck in pink.  I swapped the originals back in.

1) Are you moving the saber at all when turning it on? If you activate it while performing a flourish, the movement will be detected and perform the appropriate sound effect/light display.

2)Meh. I personally prefer Duracells.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Pages: 1 ... 455 456 [457] 458 459 ... 915   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: