Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 688 689 [690] 691 692 ... 915   Go Down
Author Topic: (im)Patiently waiting for my new _______!!!  (Read 2171114 times)
Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #10335 on: April 14, 2020, 08:19:21 PM »

Well, I live in an apartment complex and our main office is closed due to Coronavirus. But even USPS has been kind enough to leave packages at our door.
I suspect they went to the office, saw it was closed and didn't try harder. My actually apartment is less than a parking lot away from the main office, so I super frustrated they didn't knock on my door.
Especially since I've seen FedEx do this for other apartments in my complex BEFORE the outbreak.

I called the main FedEx number to at least update the delivery instructions to actually come to my door.
If this happens again tomorrow, I won't be using FedEx ever again. USPS may be slower, but they've always been reliable for me.

My son and I were so hyped to do an unboxing video today.

-

Yeah, that stinks.   I've never had any issues with FedEx, but I live in a house not an apartment.   Still, seems like common sense would bring them to your door if the office was closed.  Sheesh.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #10336 on: April 14, 2020, 08:31:12 PM »

It sucks knowing that your saber was mere yards away and there's nothing you could do.
And my wife doesn't understand my frust-rage-tion.
I know it's "just" a lightsaber, but the expectation was set to be delivered today, it came very close, but because some delivery driver didn't want to walk 10 more yards, I have to wait 1 more day.
Worst is that I don't even know if it's 1 more day or if I'll have to drive to the FedEx location on my day off to pick it up.
That won't be until Friday

-

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 181

« Reply #10337 on: April 14, 2020, 10:19:27 PM »

Well now I'm pissed.
FedEx just sent me an email that they tried to deliver but no one was available.
That's bull$h!+. I've been home all day less than 10 feet from our front door.
No one knocked or attempted to deliver anything.

What the heck is FedEx doing? This isn't fair

-
That happened to me with USPS on one of the sabers I ordered from "the other guys".  It was a Saturday, I was on the back porch smoking a brisket...mmmm...brisket...anyway.  I heard the door bell ring and before I could make the 30-second trip from the porch to the front door, the driver was back in his truck heading down the street with my package.  I quickly put on my shoes, grabbed my keys, hopped in the Jeep, and tried to chase him down in the neighborhood.  I couldn't find him.  I ended up racing to the local post office, had the clerk contact him, and had him meet me back at my house.  I have a feeling the drivers already have the "sorry we missed you tag" ready to go and basically do a "ding-dong ditch". 

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

Darth Andeddu
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -50

DS points please :)

« Reply #10338 on: April 15, 2020, 12:40:36 AM »

That is annoying.

If you have a number for the local depot I'd call them.  They may be able to get the driver back to your door before he comes back in for the day.
I would also file a complaint with them.   That's utterly rediculous.

I have occasionally wondered if delivery drivers don't report "no one home" when the real reason was "running behind and decided to write this stop off to make up time."

Yes I used to know a FedEx driver and back then they did get docked if they ran behind schedule even a couple minutes.  The GPS was tracking how long their truck sat idle as they made deliveries.  I can sure see them pre-printing those "delivery attempted" tags and writing off stops to make up time.

Spectre, pro build, NEC Igniter 3, NPxl
Grand Master, Azure, pro build, GHv3, NPxl
Empress (dark), Pro ffie2.2, NPxl
Dark Apprentice LE V5, Xenopixel core 30 fonts *woot*
Sentinel LE V5, Xenopixel core, 30 fonts

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #10339 on: April 15, 2020, 03:02:49 AM »

You guys have me all hyped up! My Diamond Renegade LE is supposed to be here tomorrow (Wednesday). I'm tempted to stay home, but I have someone waiting for the package so I'm going to work....going to be a VERY LONG DAY.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #10340 on: April 15, 2020, 01:32:49 PM »

You guys have me all hyped up! My Diamond Renegade LE is supposed to be here tomorrow (Wednesday). I'm tempted to stay home, but I have someone waiting for the package so I'm going to work....going to be a VERY LONG DAY.

Been there and done that!

In the past I have had FedEx actually deliver the package to one of their local store-fronts and just went and picked it up.  There is one about a mile from my office, and it always ended up there around 10:30am.  So I would go get the thing on my lunch break.   :-)

Not sure that's an option now, I am pretty sure those little offices are all closed due to the lock-down...

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #10341 on: April 15, 2020, 08:35:45 PM »

It's here! FedEx did a ding-dong-ditch and left it at my door.
Dude didn't even wait for me to answer. Just dropped it, knocked and was half way to his truck by the time I opened it.

Now the real hard wait begins. My WFH shift isn't over for another 3 hours. So I'm sitting here staring at the box wondering what's inside.
I'd open it now, but we've got an unboxing video to do for you guys n gals!  Tongue

-

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #10342 on: April 15, 2020, 08:46:16 PM »

It's here! FedEx did a ding-dong-ditch and left it at my door.
Dude didn't even wait for me to answer. Just dropped it, knocked and was half way to his truck by the time I opened it.

Now the real hard wait begins. My WFH shift isn't over for another 3 hours. So I'm sitting here staring at the box wondering what's inside.
I'd open it now, but we've got an unboxing video to do for you guys n gals!  Tongue

-

LOL   Staring at it...   That's gotta be even harder than waiting for the delivery!

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #10343 on: April 15, 2020, 09:01:09 PM »

LOL   Staring at it...   That's gotta be even harder than waiting for the delivery!
Yep, but it'll be worth the wait to get that video to you all.
That's what I keep telling myself anyway

-

Rexecution
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #10344 on: April 15, 2020, 10:19:45 PM »

I got an email today saying that they are out of stock for LITE soundboards! I decided to take their offer and upgrade my saber to the v4 soundboard. I sent in the requisition, so I'm hoping to get a reply confirming it soon!

Sithlord77
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -44

Embrace the Darkside!

« Reply #10345 on: April 15, 2020, 10:50:28 PM »

I got an email today saying that they are out of stock for LITE soundboards! I decided to take their offer and upgrade my saber to the v4 soundboard. I sent in the requisition, so I'm hoping to get a reply confirming it soon!

Really?? If you dont mind me asking when was your order placed? I have to Orders Im waiting on both with Sound.

In the Arsenal:
Apprentice V4 w/ Consular Green
Dominix LE V2 w/ Blazing Red
Dark Menace w/ Blazing Red w/ Obsidian V4
Chosen One SE w/ Tri Blazing Red w/ Obsidian V4
Graflex SE w/ Tri Consular Green w/ Obsidian V4
Bellicose w/ Obsidian V3 & Emerald 2 Channel Driver (1st Place Raffle Prize)
Archon 3.1 w/ Tri Fire Orange w/ Obsidian V4
Initiate V5 w/ Tri Guardian Blue w/ Obsidian V4
Initiate LE V4 w/ Fire Orange

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #10346 on: April 15, 2020, 11:10:46 PM »

This happened to me when The Force Awakened.  I ended up installing the V4 card and got my saber in 2 weeks instead of 2 months...  That was after waiting 4-5 weeks already.  They were backed up then, too.   LOL

Rexecution
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #10347 on: April 15, 2020, 11:18:04 PM »

This happened to me when The Force Awakened.  I ended up installing the V4 card and got my saber in 2 weeks instead of 2 months...  That was after waiting 4-5 weeks already.  They were backed up then, too.   LOL
So do you think mine will ship as soon as they get my email and fabricate that soundboard in? Or will I have to wait 2 more weeks after my additional 8?

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #10348 on: April 15, 2020, 11:18:54 PM »

So do you think mine will ship as soon as they get my email and fabricate that soundboard in? Or will I have to wait 2 more weeks after my additional 8?

LOL   NO idea.  Hopefully they'll get it fabricated and shipped out in short order.  :-)

Redokami
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 5

« Reply #10349 on: April 16, 2020, 12:29:36 AM »

Got the same email, also hoping to get my saber by the end of next week or sooner!

(Ordered 1/30/20 - Received 4/23/20)
Dark Initiate LE V5 (My First Saber)
  - Obsidian v4
  - Blazing Red
  - FoC Violet Amethyst
  - 36” UltraEdge Heavy
  - Dark Warglaive 2 Pommel
  - Red Illuminated Silver AV Switch

Pages: 1 ... 688 689 [690] 691 692 ... 915   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: