Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 733 734 [735] 736 737 ... 915   Go Down
Author Topic: (im)Patiently waiting for my new _______!!!  (Read 2177802 times)
Soulwarrior
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

No, I am your Father

« Reply #11010 on: June 17, 2020, 11:25:49 AM »

it's 4 weeks ago I ordered my Scorpion with claw and Sentinel Yellow blade for a Jedi Sentinel cosplay I'm working on. The website was advertising 3-4 weeks due to orders, backlog, etc. But like many of you my order still says processing even after I've received the email confirming my order and my credit card has already been charged. I have emailed them asking for clarification on "Processing" and a revised shipping date but ultimately I've heard nothing back.

Thankfully with the COVID-19 crisis the event I was attending is still postponed so I should be OK, and I fully understand that things will be delayed ..... but it's the lack of information and communication that winds me up, especially when we're still getting regular emails from them about offers and specials, etc.

The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

YesThisIsTig
Force Sensitive

« Reply #11011 on: June 17, 2020, 11:34:51 AM »

Thankfully with the COVID-19 crisis the event I was attending is still postponed so I should be OK, and I fully understand that things will be delayed ..... but it's the lack of information and communication that winds me up, especially when we're still getting regular emails from them about offers and specials, etc.

Dude, this. I don't wanna know about the frankensabers or deals, I wanna know what's up with the saber I ordered during the LAST deal lol

sonofthesuns
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #11012 on: June 17, 2020, 12:10:55 PM »

I sent all of those through my spam filter. It’s ridiculous.

matth431
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #11013 on: June 17, 2020, 01:18:49 PM »

I emailed them 12 days ago, requesting a delivery and read receipt on the email. Got the former, haven't had the latter. So either [email protected] is losing emails after the fact or they have a huge list to wade through and haven't even seen my email yet. Ordered 23/4, still processing.

RedHand
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #11014 on: June 17, 2020, 01:41:11 PM »

Just got am email from Shopper Approved asking if I got my 4/18 order.  If I did, great.  If not, contact US in 24 to 48 hours. Or did I cancel?  US still shows processing of that order.

Losing some faith here.  I resubmitted my emails as requested.  Have never gotten any response or acknowledgment.  No clear communication.

Is this an indicator my order is completed? Lost?  If I do need to contact US as requested, what method can I use, as emails to info seem to disappear into a black hole?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Moderator Nightwing
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -262

Peace is a lie; There is only passion

« Reply #11015 on: June 17, 2020, 02:16:07 PM »

Just got am email from Shopper Approved asking if I got my 4/18 order.  If I did, great.  If not, contact US in 24 to 48 hours. Or did I cancel?  US still shows processing of that order.

Losing some faith here.  I resubmitted my emails as requested.  Have never gotten any response or acknowledgment.  No clear communication.

Is this an indicator my order is completed? Lost?  If I do need to contact US as requested, what method can I use, as emails to info seem to disappear into a black hole?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I got the same email for my 4/17 order.  It seems to be an automated email.  Just email info@ultrasabers and they will, eventually, get back to you.

BaliMawr
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 29

Scrapper

« Reply #11016 on: June 17, 2020, 02:21:51 PM »

We all have gotten used to Amazon Prime levels of warp-speed delivery, and most of us don’t think about what it takes to actually MAKE something.  Aside from certain electrical components, it’s my understanding that all US hilt parts are machined locally, WHICH IS AWESOME!  But it takes a lot of time and logistics.  I wish they would show a walk through of the manufacturing process to show the lathes, milling machines, presses, etc that are used to machine the aluminum.  Most sabers have to be machined once, sent out for anodizing, which is rarely done in-house, then RE-machined to reveal the silvery highlights.  Then there is the clean-up from the machining process, and cataloguing of parts, of which there are HUNDREDS.  

I am just as eager to get my saber as the next person, but at the same time, I am proud to be supporting local craftspeople and American products.  

So I've been watching a lot of Ultrasaber videos on YouTube as I wait for my order because, well, as torturous as it is, it's fun, and i found this video that I need to share with you guys...

He talks about the customers who are giving the company bad reviews with the Better Business Bureau and who threaten to sue them and who bombard them with emails and basically calls them out for it.  He also gives his ideas on why some people get their orders before others and how it doesn't matter WHEN you ordered, the orders are not processed sequentially.

Basically, he calls for everyone to chill.  I mean, he really hits the nail on the head.

If the guy who authored and posted this video, Jedi Master Vega, is among us here, STAND AND BE RECOGNIZED, SIR!  👏👏👏👏👏

Here's the video link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haDuBA6Ftek&feature=youtu.be#

Video embedded by your friendly neighborhood, Mod

Mine:
-Fallen w/BRE, Obsidian Lite sound, BVA
-Dark Catalyst, Stunt, AS
Son's:
-Dark Initiate LE V4, Stunt, FO (x2)

YesThisIsTig
Force Sensitive

« Reply #11017 on: June 17, 2020, 03:27:29 PM »

We all have gotten used to Amazon Prime levels of warp-speed delivery, and most of us don’t think about what it takes to actually MAKE something.  Aside from certain electrical components, it’s my understanding that all US hilt parts are machined locally, WHICH IS AWESOME!  But it takes a lot of time and logistics.  I wish they would show a walk through of the manufacturing process to show the lathes, milling machines, presses, etc that are used to machine the aluminum.  Most sabers have to be machined once, sent out for anodizing, which is rarely done in-house, then RE-machined to reveal the silvery highlights.  Then there is the clean-up from the machining process, and cataloguing of parts, of which there are HUNDREDS.  

I am just as eager to get my saber as the next person, but at the same time, I am proud to be supporting local craftspeople and American products.  

I didn't expect to have it 3 days after I ordered like with amazon, I didn't expect it to take 1 week to make, I expected 4 weeks to make because that's what it says when you buy one. I understand it takes a while to make these sabers, but after waiting 8 weeks without any communication except "check out our new sale", I gotta wonder why they dont hire more employees for customer service. From the outside looking in it seems like they need to.

lxromero
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #11018 on: June 17, 2020, 03:29:54 PM »

I agree and I think it's just another form of saying what a few people have been saying in the last few pages. I think everyone is ok with waiting for the most part and people seem to be patient given the circumstances, but where US seems to be failing is communication and transparency. A lot of people's insecurities and anxieties would be fixed simply with some minor communication or transparency in the form of posts on social media (something US seems to woefully lack) or as part of a newsletter or blog posts in their site. US seems like a company that makes good products and does well but they seem to be missing some of the core components of a company like social aspects.

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #11019 on: June 17, 2020, 03:51:37 PM »

Ohhhh, a "how it's done" video from start to finish would be very cool...

I know Ultrasabers had a reputation for processing and shipping orders within a week before everything went flip city, but frankly, I find that a little astonishing given these products.   I would expect a 3-4 week waiting period under normal circumstances.   Personally, I'm waiting on 9 sabers, including 6 custom jobs.   My order was placed June 1; if I get an email this week or next saying that they're on the way, I'll eat my phone.  I'm not expecting anything until next month, and I'm fine with that; it's just a sign of the times and can't be helped.

I will readily agree, however, that the communication issues suck.   I've had no issues, but I know a lot of you have and it's not cool.  They REALLY need to work on that.

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

sonofthesuns
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #11020 on: June 17, 2020, 03:53:20 PM »

I’d echo what everyone has said about communication. It’s not the wait time that bothers me, it’s the lack of a response.

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #11021 on: June 17, 2020, 04:02:34 PM »

I agree and I think it's just another form of saying what a few people have been saying in the last few pages. I think everyone is ok with waiting for the most part and people seem to be patient given the circumstances, but where US seems to be failing is communication and transparency. A lot of people's insecurities and anxieties would be fixed simply with some minor communication or transparency in the form of posts on social media (something US seems to woefully lack) or as part of a newsletter or blog posts in their site. US seems like a company that makes good products and does well but they seem to be missing some of the core components of a company like social aspects.
I kinda agree. Their pricing and product quality is fantastic, but the lack of communication is disheartening.
Another solution would be to update their website better. Actually list which hits are out instead of informing the customer after 6+ weeks of waiting. And update the lead time something like 6-8 weeks.

I love US and they've always fixed any issues for me, but I really think they are shooting themselves in the foot by not doing these little things that would set proper expectations.

Serious how many emails would they have prevented from just listing the lead time as 6-8 weeks? Even if they somehow got most out within 5 weeks, that would seem like a bonus to most if us. But so, so many people seem to be getting past that 5 week mark that we get anxious. And most first timers are quick to be vocal about it.
So list the lead time as much longer to set a longer expectation and thus massively reduce the "wHeRes Muh sABer??!?!!" emails.

-

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #11022 on: June 17, 2020, 04:17:29 PM »

I kinda agree. Their pricing and product quality is fantastic, but the lack of communication is disheartening.
Another solution would be to update their website better. Actually list which hits are out instead of informing the customer after 6+ weeks of waiting. And update the lead time something like 6-8 weeks.

I love US and they've always fixed any issues for me, but I really think they are shooting themselves in the foot by not doing these little things that would set proper expectations.

Serious how many emails would they have prevented from just listing the lead time as 6-8 weeks? Even if they somehow got most out within 5 weeks, that would seem like a bonus to most if us. But so, so many people seem to be getting past that 5 week mark that we get anxious. And most first timers are quick to be vocal about it.
So list the lead time as much longer to set a longer expectation and thus massively reduce the "wHeRes Muh sABer??!?!!" emails.

-

I can’t argue with that, and reducing the number of those emails (which, to be frank, are useless, because they cannot be properly answered unless the saber is already being made) would free up resources to address the issues that can actually be addressed.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

lxromero
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #11023 on: June 17, 2020, 04:33:31 PM »

In my personal experience, people are happy to wait as long as it's clearly communicated and there's transparency from the company, which US lacks.

mparis666
Force Sensitive

« Reply #11024 on: June 17, 2020, 04:35:48 PM »

Does anyone from customer service ever answer emails? Been trying to cancel pre-order for WEEKS.

Pages: 1 ... 733 734 [735] 736 737 ... 915   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: