Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 734 735 [736] 737 738 ... 915   Go Down
Author Topic: (im)Patiently waiting for my new _______!!!  (Read 2171225 times)
Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #11025 on: June 17, 2020, 04:51:55 PM »

Does anyone from customer service ever answer emails? Been trying to cancel pre-order for WEEKS.

I've had several emails replied to in a very timely manner, but I know a lot of people have not.  How or why I got lucky, I couldn't tell you.  Trust me, I understand the frustration; I'd be aggravated, too.

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

Fatalis
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 60

Good..Bad...I'm the guy with the saber!

« Reply #11026 on: June 17, 2020, 05:04:10 PM »

Not sure if this matters, but I placed an order for a black Yari extension, 4 batteries,  black flush coupler and a silver pommel yesterday.  Just got notification that it shipped..... wow

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #11027 on: June 17, 2020, 05:24:49 PM »

Well my surprise order is no longer a surprise order, it was revealed by my girlfriend to be the Phantom Initiate V4 with Tri-AS.  I had to let go of that serect because of the wait. This Friday will be 7 weeks on that order.  Today marks 5 weeks for my Diamond Dominicide.

I think it is getting close to the time where I email them.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

YesThisIsTig
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #11028 on: June 17, 2020, 05:30:22 PM »

Well my surprise order is no longer a surprise order. Phastasm Initiate V4 with Tri-AS.  I had to let go of that serect because of the wait. This Friday will be 7 weeks on that order.  Today marks 5 weeks for my Diamond Dominicide.

I think it is getting close to the time where I email them.

I gotta warn you about the dominicide's emitter claws, i did some dueling with my friend and in the first 5 minutes one emitter was down to 2 claws, and the other only has one left. I wouldn't say we were doing anything crazy either, so dont expect those to last very long if youre going to be dueling with it. Maybe i just got a bad one tho

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #11029 on: June 17, 2020, 05:41:38 PM »

I gotta warn you about the dominicide's emitter claws, i did some dueling with my friend and in the first 5 minutes one emitter was down to 2 claws, and the other only has one left. I wouldn't say we were doing anything crazy either, so dont expect those to last very long if youre going to be dueling with it. Maybe i just got a bad one tho

I had seen one video review, I think it was Sidious Sabers, he mentioned about the claws on the emitter as well.  I have a Dominicide on my wish list, but if I pull the trigger on it I think I'd switch out those emitters for Manticore emitters or something along those lines.

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

Irishboy
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #11030 on: June 17, 2020, 05:43:56 PM »

Anyone know of a way to get through to support? I have emailed them a few times now with no response. I made my order on May 4th so it is past the 3-4 weeks lead time. I get they are probably busy with the COVID shutdowns and everything but I ordered 6 sabers for groomsmen gifts for my wedding. Really hoping they get here before the middle of July when I get married.

lxromero
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #11031 on: June 17, 2020, 05:50:43 PM »

Anyone know of a way to get through to support? I have emailed them a few times now with no response. I made my order on May 4th so it is past the 3-4 weeks lead time. I get they are probably busy with the COVID shutdowns and everything but I ordered 6 sabers for groomsmen gifts for my wedding. Really hoping they get here before the middle of July when I get married.

Message them on Facebook mentioning that, someone should hopefully reply to your emails after that.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #11032 on: June 17, 2020, 05:52:56 PM »

All emails prior to 25-MAY have been irretrievably lost.  Email [email protected], including your order number in the subject line.  As mentioned above, messaging them on Facebook might help, but it is not the officially-recommended way of requesting customer support; only the email address mentioned in this message is currently supported.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

ImperialRedGuard-HellFire
Knight Lance Corporal

Imperial Guard Gaming Commander HellFire

« Reply #11033 on: June 17, 2020, 05:54:15 PM »

Write up your email....
Send to [email protected]
[email protected]
And [email protected]

Ive currently got two reps I'm talking with daily  Roll Eyes

Imperial Guard legion, Call name Hell Fire 666.
Nationwide all console gaming community.

Irishboy
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #11034 on: June 17, 2020, 06:01:09 PM »

My emails were all past the day they lost theirs. All three time have been in June. I didn't want to seem antsy, just getting close to the wedding I am a little nervous not to have the gifts. I will try the facebook message option. Thanks guys.

Rammie1191
Force Sensitive

« Reply #11035 on: June 17, 2020, 06:15:20 PM »

My partner and I placed an order at the end of April for a Mantis for me and a Sentinel v4 Staff for him, which we have received no word on as of yet, personally I am fine but I know he is getting antsy. With the virus going around I understand the delay, but seeing people posting on Social media that they placed their order a week or two ago and got theirs today is a bit of a problem... Having clearer announcements would be nice to pus some people at ease I guess.
Mostly just hoping to get some form of communication and time table soon.

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #11036 on: June 17, 2020, 06:23:33 PM »

Not sure if this matters, but I placed an order for a black Yari extension, 4 batteries,  black flush coupler and a silver pommel yesterday.  Just got notification that it shipped..... wow

Yeah, you definitely got lucky, LOL....I'm willing to bet it's because you just ordered some parts, so they were able to process your order very quickly.   At any rate, congrats.  👏

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

Adapt.Improvise and Overcome

« Reply #11037 on: June 17, 2020, 06:28:05 PM »

just my 2 cents thrown in here ...How many orders do you think US has currently ? now add the covid situation.. so lets say 200 sabers on order with 100 of those orders being tracked by the person who placed the order and emailing them on a consistent basis that adds up to alot of emails per day to deal with ... how long would it take you to do a personal answer to each one Huh and since there is so many variations of sabers a bulk update would be inaccurate . so and this is my opinion 1 email every 4 weeks is more then enough and if we all followed a similar pattern  we would see a more consistent response from US. Just for the record i to am anxious as hell to get my very first saber. I check my email several times a day as well as order status and get all excited when i hear the mail man, so we are all in same position. Wait for it and it will come.

( Light points when earned )

Various fan art and fiction
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=12.0

Own
 Dark Sentinel staff LE v4 - tri red

Wish list
Arbiter staff - blazing red-sound
Phantasm LE V4 staff - AS blade - stunt
Raven in staff setup - color ?? - stunt

Caspien
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 19

« Reply #11038 on: June 17, 2020, 07:07:25 PM »

Serious how many emails would they have prevented from just listing the lead time as 6-8 weeks? Even if they somehow got most out within 5 weeks, that would seem like a bonus to most if us. But so, so many people seem to be getting past that 5 week mark that we get anxious. And most first timers are quick to be vocal about it.

The term we used to use, back when I worked in the hospitality industry, was: 'Under promise, and over deliver'.

If you know your lead time is 5 weeks.. you tell the customers 7-8 weeks, that way YOU, set the expectation.. and then make yourself look stellar if you deliver what you've promised, before that deadline is met.

Now then, the rest is a bit long winded.. feel free to tune out, or go to the TLDR section, at the end Wink

Right now, Ultrasabers is potentially the victim of their own success.. and it's clearly being shown, based on how they're handling damage control.

A prime example... if you can't keep up, or meet your own orders right NOW.. don't run a sale that's going to get you thousands of more orders. (Especially if you can't guarantee if/when they will be filled)

Doing stuff like that, falls tremendously close to actions that start getting compliance investigators looking at you.   (I speak from personal experience)

Ultrasabers could REALLY use a good PR Manager, right now. There's a lot of things that could be done to make things a bit more tolerable to those that have already given their money (many of which, may actually be experiencing financial issues, now, with the Covid fallout, themselves), and while many of us are just quietly exercising patience, I fully understand why some people are upset.

I have to admit, even I'm starting to get a bit twitchy.

I specifically didn't order a custom saber, because I wanted to see the quality for myself, in person. Custom products take a while, and I purchased 3 mystery boxes in early May, simply due to the fact that I understood that supply issues might be impacting the custom orders. So.. the simplest way to order would be 3 mystery boxes, with emitter plugs.. just to throw some extra money US's way. (I have multiple 3D printers.. printing an emitter cover is trivial)

However, I now suspect that mystery boxes are produced, much in the way Frankensabers are. Extra/leftover parts, that are used to quickly assemble a product that can be sold. It's a great way to reduce waste, if you can find a way to reuse parts/products that are returned or unused. It also keeps production costs down, since you can make deals with parts suppliers to supply you with X amount of parts, every Y amount of time.... (eg: 'If you're willing to accept 300 aluminum rods, every 2 weeks, we'll make the cost at $5 per rod.. otherwise, it'll be $8 per rod)

By finding a way to keep that inventory constantly moving, you don't have to have as much storage costs, and you can keep that cost, overall, down.. even if you're not making as much, per part shipment as you could/would if every part was sold at max value.

Now, I SUSPECT (based on what I know of logistics and business) that Ultrasabers is experiencing a shortage of crucial components, that are necessary to most orders. Based on that, it's most cost effective for them to use their parts for the products that are going to give them the most return for the parts... which is likely why we're seeing some customers get their orders placed and shipped in a matter of days, vs those that have been on 'processing' for weeks/months. It would also explain why some customers are getting responses from customer support, more than others.

If the above is correct, and I suspect SOME of it is, then I understand the business behind the decisions that US are making. It keeps them operational, and keeps their employees.. employed.

However, IF this is what Ultrasabers is doing (and, again, I suspect some of it IS).. then those users that ordered non cost effective items (such as 3 mystery boxes, like I've ordered) will be considered 'lowest priority', and, as such, will be processed dead last. (The company is making less money on those products, per saber, than the others)

Now.. here's the BIG problem with that... Customer loyalty.

You see a lot of users, here, that are defending US to the death... because they're repeat customers. A customer, who has had constant stellar experiences with a company, is more likely to put up with the occasional delay, than one person who has just started doing business with that same company, and immediately has issues. That is a potentially lost customer, that won't be back. In some cases, a company doesn't care.. because a one off customer, isn't really a loss, anyway. (the term that the hospitality industry used, was 'transient customers')

Unfortunately, however, there WILL be repeat customers in that mix, too.. that would have gotten their first order, and are so amazed with the result, they buy more... OR, even more importantly, they start to become a vocal word of mouth advertising for a company/product. That can actually become an immeasurable loss of revenue.

So.. that's where PR comes in.. a PR manager will produce simple updates, and methods of making potentially unhappy customers calm... AND, they have the ability to take a calm/patient customer, and make them a brand fanatic.

Heck, even explaining things in a logical manner (as many of us have done), in an OFFICIAL capacity, can calm down a number of disgruntled customers, who are just looking for explanations.

The PR aspect is what US is missing, right now, unfortunately... which is somewhat weird, because Emory is apparently a Social Media fan, and likes documenting things regarding his company... think of all of the unveiling videos and such, that he's done in the past.. you'd think he'd take an opportunity like this, to get some face time with the customers and help diffuse any tensions that customers may have. *Shrug*

TL;DR - UltraSabers needs to communicate with their customers better, even if it's to explain (in detail) whats going on with orders that have been 'processing' for more than the usual amount of time.

~ Casp

Fatalis
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 60

Good..Bad...I'm the guy with the saber!

« Reply #11039 on: June 17, 2020, 07:15:35 PM »

The term we used to use, back when I worked in the hospitality industry, was: 'Under promise, and over deliver'.

If you know your lead time is 5 weeks.. you tell the customers 7-8 weeks, that way YOU, set the expectation.. and then make yourself look stellar if you deliver what you've promised, before that deadline is met.

Now then, the rest is a bit long winded.. feel free to tune out, or go to the TLDR section, at the end Wink

Right now, Ultrasabers is potentially the victim of their own success.. and it's clearly being shown, based on how they're handling damage control.

A prime example... if you can't keep up, or meet your own orders right NOW.. don't run a sale that's going to get you thousands of more orders. (Especially if you can't guarantee if/when they will be filled)

Doing stuff like that, falls tremendously close to actions that start getting compliance investigators looking at you.   (I speak from personal experience)

Ultrasabers could REALLY use a good PR Manager, right now. There's a lot of things that could be done to make things a bit more tolerable to those that have already given their money (many of which, may actually be experiencing financial issues, now, with the Covid fallout, themselves), and while many of us are just quietly exercising patience, I fully understand why some people are upset.

I have to admit, even I'm starting to get a bit twitchy.

I specifically didn't order a custom saber, because I wanted to see the quality for myself, in person. Custom products take a while, and I purchased 3 mystery boxes in early May, simply due to the fact that I understood that supply issues might be impacting the custom orders. So.. the simplest way to order would be 3 mystery boxes, with emitter plugs.. just to throw some extra money US's way. (I have multiple 3D printers.. printing an emitter cover is trivial)

However, I now suspect that mystery boxes are produced, much in the way Frankensabers are. Extra/leftover parts, that are used to quickly assemble a product that can be sold. It's a great way to reduce waste, if you can find a way to reuse parts/products that are returned or unused. It also keeps production costs down, since you can make deals with parts suppliers to supply you with X amount of parts, every Y amount of time.... (eg: 'If you're willing to accept 300 aluminum rods, every 2 weeks, we'll make the cost at $5 per rod.. otherwise, it'll be $8 per rod)

By finding a way to keep that inventory constantly moving, you don't have to have as much storage costs, and you can keep that cost, overall, down.. even if you're not making as much, per part shipment as you could/would if every part was sold at max value.

Now, I SUSPECT (based on what I know of logistics and business) that Ultrasabers is experiencing a shortage of crucial components, that are necessary to most orders. Based on that, it's most cost effective for them to use their parts for the products that are going to give them the most return for the parts... which is likely why we're seeing some customers get their orders placed and shipped in a matter of days, vs those that have been on 'processing' for weeks/months. It would also explain why some customers are getting responses from customer support, more than others.

If the above is correct, and I suspect SOME of it is, then I understand the business behind the decisions that US are making. It keeps them operational, and keeps their employees.. employed.

However, IF this is what Ultrasabers is doing (and, again, I suspect some of it IS).. then those users that ordered non cost effective items (such as 3 mystery boxes, like I've ordered) will be considered 'lowest priority', and, as such, will be processed dead last. (The company is making less money on those products, per saber, than the others)

Now.. here's the BIG problem with that... Customer loyalty.

You see a lot of users, here, that are defending US to the death... because they're repeat customers. A customer, who has had constant stellar experiences with a company, is more likely to put up with the occasional delay, than one person who has just started doing business with that same company, and immediately has issues. That is a potentially lost customer, that won't be back. In some cases, a company doesn't care.. because a one off customer, isn't really a loss, anyway. (the term that the hospitality industry used, was 'transient customers')

Unfortunately, however, there WILL be repeat customers in that mix, too.. that would have gotten their first order, and are so amazed with the result, they buy more... OR, even more importantly, they start to become a vocal word of mouth advertising for a company/product. That can actually become an immeasurable loss of revenue.

So.. that's where PR comes in.. a PR manager will produce simple updates, and methods of making potentially unhappy customers calm... AND, they have the ability to take a calm/patient customer, and make them a brand fanatic.

Heck, even explaining things in a logical manner (as many of us have done), in an OFFICIAL capacity, can calm down a number of disgruntled customers, who are just looking for explanations.

The PR aspect is what US is missing, right now, unfortunately... which is somewhat weird, because Emory is apparently a Social Media fan, and likes documenting things regarding his company... think of all of the unveiling videos and such, that he's done in the past.. you'd think he'd take an opportunity like this, to get some face time with the customers and help diffuse any tensions that customers may have. *Shrug*

TL;DR - UltraSabers needs to communicate with their customers better, even if it's to explain (in detail) whats going on with orders that have been 'processing' for more than the usual amount of time.

~ Casp

Very well said. Point to you.

Pages: 1 ... 734 735 [736] 737 738 ... 915   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: