Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 781 782 [783] 784 785 ... 915   Go Down
Author Topic: (im)Patiently waiting for my new _______!!!  (Read 2177183 times)
Caspien
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 19

« Reply #11730 on: July 08, 2020, 03:30:54 PM »

The only thing that scares me about some of those "fancy, multi-option but still somehow cheap" sabers is their durability and longevity.
Before I choose US, I was eyeing one of those other guy sabers and, while cheap, I read some of the reviews about how the sabers would just stop charging after a while and the saber would be dead forever.
Another review said in order to stop that from happening, you have to make sure to charge it every other week, even if you don't plan to use it.

That didn't seem worth it to me.  US may not have the most up-to-date, bleeding edge tech in their sabers, but at least it's reliable by most accounts. And it appears simple enough to be easy to fix should something happen.
Kinda of a "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mentality, which I kinda like. The more bells and whistles you add, the more things can go wrong

Ironically, one of the early review vids I watched was from our very own Lord Sidious at Sidious Sabers.
My first reaction was that he was being a 'snob' saying that the "other guy" saber was just a toy.
I mean, these are all toys. But after getting my own ultrasabers, I now realize he was right; true custom sabers don't feel like toys.
But those cheaper sabers do.

Your concerns over some of the *earlier* 'toy' sabers is definitely genuine, I've messed around with a few that were downright cheap in feel and construction. But.. as with anything that's produced, evolution takes place. Many of the sabers that are produced by the well known 'cheap' Chinese manufacturers have evolved into as good, if not BETTER than some of the other vendors out there.. that's what encourages innovation. Some people have complained about the quality of their blades, the hilts, their sound boards... but now, you can actually order a number of them with Neopixels, Proffie boards, and most have moved to aluminum hilts a long time ago. Now, the next concern is always the fact that their 'neopixel blades are garbage'. I recommend looking up a durability test that one of the reps for the 'other guys' did with one of their neopixel blade sabers.. he beat the snot out of a steel chair with it, to the point he was dripping with sweat... we're talking baseball bat swings at that poor defenseless chair...lol

If the previous poster is talking about the same USA based company, that I think he is, they're re purposing Chinese 'other guys' sabers, installing their own boards and the like.

That said, these ones from that same 'other guy', generally feel well polished and handle well. They're no longer a single piece that can't be pulled apart (many of the older sabers were) They can be disassembled VERY easily (even though I don't recommend it, since it will void the warranty).
Also.. we've been beating ourselves silly for the last 3 weeks with these things.... no tips popping off.. no warped blades.. the hilts have been dropped multiple times, we disarmed each other multiple times.. the things work well... and sometimes we get a bit errr.. too rough with them.. Smiley (1 smashed lamp, one broken steel ceiling fan, multiple dings and dents in the walls.... yeah.. my wife and daughter have issues with control Smiley

As for the battery thing.. that's usually a recommended practice by a lot of the collectors/duelers out there. Either recharge it every few weeks, or pull the battery out to prevent discharge.

Just because something is one way, right now, doesn't mean it won't change.. and that's the case with a lot of the inexpensive sabers, now... they're definitely not the same quality they were, years ago. (and that's a good thing)

As for customer service for this 'other guy'... I agree 100% with the previous posters. The owner responds super fast, and knows enough about the product for me to be comfortable with the statement that they use the Chinese hilts, and a few components, but touch every item, themselves, to tweak and make changes.

That said.. devil's advocate, here...one thing I'd like to point out, is that any company can claim they have great customer service.... and we take them at their word. (The whole 'Tommy Boy'  "Guarantee written on the box!", argument) However, it's not until you run into a real problem, that you start to see the cracks in the seams with most companies.

I received one of that other guy's sabers in, yesterday, via one of their mystery boxes. It's literally, the EXACT saber I was hoping for with my last order of mystery boxes... I was about to do backflips...

Now... there's a problem with this order.. the pommel doesn't come off for whatever reason. I'm considering removing the pommel, and buying another, and making a staff out of it. (Their products can generally be coupled together, easily) I've used grips, a strap wrench, and padded channel locks. I've even stuck this thing into a vice, and attempted to remove it.. it's stuck on there well and truly good.

The owner and I were chatting about it, last night, and he told me to do what I can, and if it STILL doesn't come off.. he'll get me a replacement sent out immediately. Needless to say, I wasn't able to get the thing off. I can move it about 1/2", but it doesn't budge beyond that... So we're working out the details, right now, if he wants me to ship this one back or not. We suspect that when electroplating, the hilt (yes.. I wanted a shiny hilt) may have gotten a bit into some of the threads, and caused some binding. He pointed out that I can remove that part of the hilt by twisting it off, further up, if I need access to the battery right away...

So... I have a problem. I got a response within 30 mins of my sending an email. They acknowledged there is a problem, and it's not my fault.. they offered up some suggestions, and then a temporary workaround. All while explaining exactly what they will do to fix the issue.

THAT is what I expect from a company.. ANY company.. and as old as it's going to make me sound, here, that's the way customer service USED to be. It's somewhat sad that, now, we give a company A+ marks, just when they do what we expect of them, as their customers.

Still, I HOPE, above all else.. this entire situation provides Ultrasabers (and all of their competitors) some insight into how they can improve their company, and highlight their weak spots.  Adversity breeds innovation (and improvement), after all Smiley

~ Casp

pilotnjb
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #11731 on: July 08, 2020, 03:44:56 PM »

still week 12

but i came here to say... i ordered a saber from some "other guys" (i cant mention) on June 19th cause i was sad i haven't heard back from US... and just yesterday i got the shipping date for that order. Their wait time they said was 8-10 weeks and i was completely WILLING to wait that long since they INFORMED me. but i didn't even need too Smiley and I'm very happy and exTREMELY excited. (coughs take notes US)

this new def shines a bad light on US, in mY opinion, being a first-time buyer from here (and those other guys)

lets hope i hear from US soon or get a shipping date cause im very ready to jump ship here now that my other saber is coming. (i have faith US's product will be GOOD but its just this predicament im in where at a certain point i dont care about the product anymore cause of this unprofessional adittude US has...)

don't get me wrong. if i get my saber form US (if i don't cancel out of annoyance) and its as beautiful as i imagined in my head I'm willing to forgive... buuuuutttt LOL you guys know.. I'm salty  Tongue

Lumathiel
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #11732 on: July 08, 2020, 03:48:14 PM »

seeing it travel to you is far worse then waiting for it to ship from US

I have to personally (yet respectfully) disagree.

This may very well be the case in normal times when Ultrasabers would ship (and maybe even arrive) within the week, but for me those 10 weeks were excruciating, whereas these 3 days of shipping are just making me excited. Heck, the original delivery estimate was tomorrow and now it's saying it should be here within the next 2 hours. Sure, I'm just as impatient as before, but now it's a "good" impatient instead of an annoyed impatient.

(I hope this doesnt sound too argumentative or anything, just trying to be lighthearted)

Saber Owned:
Dominix LE V2 - Fire Orange

Mandalore_Will_Rise
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #11733 on: July 08, 2020, 03:50:26 PM »

Surprisingly I just heard from Brent on the support team who says he’ll be looking into my order, hopefully I’ll get some news soon

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #11734 on: July 08, 2020, 03:52:59 PM »

Your concerns over some of the *earlier* 'toy' sabers is definitely genuine, I've messed around with a few that were downright cheap in feel and construction. But.. as with anything that's produced, evolution takes place. Many of the sabers that are produced by the well known 'cheap' Chinese manufacturers have evolved into as good, if not BETTER than some of the other vendors out there.. that's what encourages innovation. Some people have complained about the quality of their blades, the hilts, their sound boards... but now, you can actually order a number of them with Neopixels, Proffie boards, and most have moved to aluminum hilts a long time ago. Now, the next concern is always the fact that their 'neopixel blades are garbage'. I recommend looking up a durability test that one of the reps for the 'other guys' did with one of their neopixel blade sabers.. he beat the snot out of a steel chair with it, to the point he was dripping with sweat... we're talking baseball bat swings at that poor defenseless chair...lol

If the previous poster is talking about the same USA based company, that I think he is, they're re purposing Chinese 'other guys' sabers, installing their own boards and the like.

That said, these ones from that same 'other guy', generally feel well polished and handle well. They're no longer a single piece that can't be pulled apart (many of the older sabers were) They can be disassembled VERY easily (even though I don't recommend it, since it will void the warranty).
Also.. we've been beating ourselves silly for the last 3 weeks with these things.... no tips popping off.. no warped blades.. the hilts have been dropped multiple times, we disarmed each other multiple times.. the things work well... and sometimes we get a bit errr.. too rough with them.. Smiley (1 smashed lamp, one broken steel ceiling fan, multiple dings and dents in the walls.... yeah.. my wife and daughter have issues with control Smiley

As for the battery thing.. that's usually a recommended practice by a lot of the collectors/duelers out there. Either recharge it every few weeks, or pull the battery out to prevent discharge.

Just because something is one way, right now, doesn't mean it won't change.. and that's the case with a lot of the inexpensive sabers, now... they're definitely not the same quality they were, years ago. (and that's a good thing)

As for customer service for this 'other guy'... I agree 100% with the previous posters. The owner responds super fast, and knows enough about the product for me to be comfortable with the statement that they use the Chinese hilts, and a few components, but touch every item, themselves, to tweak and make changes.

That said.. devil's advocate, here...one thing I'd like to point out, is that any company can claim they have great customer service.... and we take them at their word. (The whole 'Tommy Boy'  "Guarantee written on the box!", argument) However, it's not until you run into a real problem, that you start to see the cracks in the seams with most companies.

I received one of that other guy's sabers in, yesterday, via one of their mystery boxes. It's literally, the EXACT saber I was hoping for with my last order of mystery boxes... I was about to do backflips...

Now... there's a problem with this order.. the pommel doesn't come off for whatever reason. I'm considering removing the pommel, and buying another, and making a staff out of it. (Their products can generally be coupled together, easily) I've used grips, a strap wrench, and padded channel locks. I've even stuck this thing into a vice, and attempted to remove it.. it's stuck on there well and truly good.

The owner and I were chatting about it, last night, and he told me to do what I can, and if it STILL doesn't come off.. he'll get me a replacement sent out immediately. Needless to say, I wasn't able to get the thing off. I can move it about 1/2", but it doesn't budge beyond that... So we're working out the details, right now, if he wants me to ship this one back or not. We suspect that when electroplating, the hilt (yes.. I wanted a shiny hilt) may have gotten a bit into some of the threads, and caused some binding. He pointed out that I can remove that part of the hilt by twisting it off, further up, if I need access to the battery right away...

So... I have a problem. I got a response within 30 mins of my sending an email. They acknowledged there is a problem, and it's not my fault.. they offered up some suggestions, and then a temporary workaround. All while explaining exactly what they will do to fix the issue.

THAT is what I expect from a company.. ANY company.. and as old as it's going to make me sound, here, that's the way customer service USED to be. It's somewhat sad that, now, we give a company A+ marks, just when they do what we expect of them, as their customers.

Still, I HOPE, above all else.. this entire situation provides Ultrasabers (and all of their competitors) some insight into how they can improve their company, and highlight their weak spots.  Adversity breeds innovation (and improvement), after all Smiley

~ Casp

I couldn't help but laugh at the mental image of your family destroying your living room...that'll be us too, I'm sure.  And I agree with your last point; I think US was caught completely with their proverbial pants down from this whole situation, but I think once the dust settles, they'll learn from this and be ready for the next time a dose of madness hits.

Maybe.  Hopefully.

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

dogdoctor
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -4

« Reply #11735 on: July 08, 2020, 04:08:01 PM »

LOL....worse than waiting for Christmas to come, isn't it?
Yes. I'm dying to see what's in the box. Fingers crossed there will be everything I ordered. My only issue now (and it's on my end), is that it is due to arrive tomorrow on my second longest day of work, combined with the fact that I have an online continuing education webinar scheduled from 8-10pm EST. I'd say I can wait to open them on Friday, but that's literally my longest day of work (8a ~ 8-9pm). So I'm not sure I can actually enjoy the unboxing until Saturday. I'd almost rather FedEx deliver it on Saturday. LOL

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #11736 on: July 08, 2020, 04:11:44 PM »

Yes. I'm dying to see what's in the box. Fingers crossed there will be everything I ordered. My only issue now (and it's on my end), is that it is due to arrive tomorrow on my second longest day of work, combined with the fact that I have an online continuing education webinar scheduled from 8-10pm EST. I'd say I can wait to open them on Friday, but that's literally my longest day of work (8a ~ 8-9pm). So I'm not sure I can actually enjoy the unboxing until Saturday. I'd almost rather FedEx deliver it on Saturday. LOL
WHAT'S IN THA BOOOOOOOX

Being from Europe, I don't think the shipping time will be longer than for most of you, and the updates might not be as fast. Still, waiting for the shipping info is far worse... For now.

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

dogdoctor
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -4

« Reply #11737 on: July 08, 2020, 04:26:22 PM »

WHAT'S IN THA BOOOOOOOX

Being from Europe, I don't think the shipping time will be longer than for most of you, and the updates might not be as fast. Still, waiting for the shipping info is far worse... For now.
Hahaha! Yeah, I've ordered off ETSY a few times from Europe. There is nothing worse than watching the package go dark for sometimes weeks, while you wait for it to resurface. Good luck with your order.

Devynwyma20
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 2

You've only begun to discover my power of Chaos!

« Reply #11738 on: July 08, 2020, 04:43:04 PM »

Hahaha! Yeah, I've ordered off ETSY a few times from Europe. There is nothing worse than watching the package go dark for sometimes weeks, while you wait for it to resurface. Good luck with your order.
I know how ya feel. I, one time, ordered from Amazon and the package originated from Malaysia. It went dark for two months before magically appearing in the mail, it STILL shows as on its way to this day and this was 3 years ago.

May the Force and Chaos Be With Us

Inventory:
Me:
Initiate v4 x2 (blazing red, stunt)
Dark Initiate v4 (consular green, stunt)
Dark Initiate v4 (guardian blue, stunt)
Initiate v2 (blazing red, stunt)
Graflex SE (guardian blue, stunt)
Archon v3.1 (guardian blue, stunt)
Rydia:
Sentinel LE (hot pink, stunt)
Jeremy:
Aeon v2 (violet amethyst, stunt, WAITING)

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #11739 on: July 08, 2020, 04:50:24 PM »

I know how ya feel. I, one time, ordered from Amazon and the package originated from Malaysia. It went dark for two months before magically appearing in the mail, it STILL shows as on its way to this day and this was 3 years ago.

Yikes....and here we are talking about the US website not being updated!

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #11740 on: July 08, 2020, 04:50:12 PM »

Now that's a long wait xD

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #11741 on: July 08, 2020, 05:03:09 PM »

Today is Week 8 for my Dominicide and Friday will be Week 10 my for my Phantom Initiate V4.

I did get a email from Jake last night (Replied to my second email from a week ago) saying how they were sorry my order did not ship in the 3-4 week lead that is posted and he would be looking into my orders.

Here is to hoping I get some news soon.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Vader412
Force Sensitive

« Reply #11742 on: July 08, 2020, 05:16:17 PM »

So how long is really long enough? I've been waiting 10 weeks, have sent 10 emails and gotten no reply's to anything until I got an email from another company asking if I have gotten my saber yet and to reply to the email if I did. I have sent enough emails I feel and to get no response is beyond worried me now that I feel I have been ripped off. Its not like I ordered a custom. Simple Dominix v2. So how long is really long enough before I go to the bank and file a fraud charge? I'm not paying anything for something I cant get.

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #11743 on: July 08, 2020, 05:28:10 PM »

So how long is really long enough? I've been waiting 10 weeks, have sent 10 emails and gotten no reply's to anything until I got an email from another company asking if I have gotten my saber yet and to reply to the email if I did. I have sent enough emails I feel and to get no response is beyond worried me now that I feel I have been ripped off. Its not like I ordered a custom. Simple Dominix v2. So how long is really long enough before I go to the bank and file a fraud charge? I'm not paying anything for something I cant get.
Unfortunately that is up to you. Up until recently it seemed rare for orders to go past 2 months, which is when I intend to start emailing about my order.
But I've started to see more accounts of orders going 10-12 weeks.
I also ordered a V2, although it was an Aeon with the RGB option, which I fully expected to take some time for several reasons:
1) The RGB option requires a special hilt be made
2) It cannot use AV switches, so it could be waiting on Guarded switches if they are out
3) It has to use the 4AAA holder as the 2AA holder will not fit in the hilt at all.

Seeing wait I have from other accounts, I was fairly certain I'd have to wait.
The fact that I had to research that on my own is a separate issue, but I feel I went in with the right expectation, so I do not intend to file a charge back dispute at all.
But I may need to get a response to change my address if I move soon

-

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #11744 on: July 08, 2020, 05:52:44 PM »

Today is Week 8 for my Dominicide and Friday will be Week 10 my for my Phantom Initiate V4.

I did get a email from Jake last night (Replied to my second email from a week ago) saying how they were sorry my order did not ship in the 3-4 week lead that is posted and he would be looking into my orders.

Here is to hoping I get some news soon.
For what it's worth, I hope you'll get good news soon too.

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Pages: 1 ... 781 782 [783] 784 785 ... 915   Go Up