Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 791 792 [793] 794 795 ... 915   Go Down
Author Topic: (im)Patiently waiting for my new _______!!!  (Read 2171288 times)
Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #11880 on: July 11, 2020, 12:48:13 AM »

Got a reply from Nichole...no good juju for me, I'm afraid.

The reason my order hasn't shipped yet is because not only is there a delay with the Fallen (rrrrgh, i knew it) but there is a delay with the Savior as well.  So I'm getting the double whammy.  I can either switch to a crimson or azure model of each, or swap out for a different model that costs the same.

Here's my problem....I'm not a fan of the colored hilts of the Fallen, I want the black version.  And for the Savior, I went with the gold highlights because the blade is Violet Amethyst, and purple & gold are my son's high school colors.  Plus, I don't think purple would look good with the crimson or azure highlights.   Now, if the Dark Savior is available, that would work.  Not to mention, I could always swap his out for a different hilt; the Dark Arbitor looks rather nice.

But the Fallen...THE FALLEN!  AAARRGH!!

I've got some decisions to make....first I want to know what the estimated time is as of now for them getting back in stock, and I'll go from there.  Nothing good is ever easy, is it?

Still.....Nichole did get back to me quickly, I gotta applaud that.

Man, oh man....do i have an update to tell you guys about.....

So I emailed Nichole back, asking if she could give me some kind of idea or estimate on when the Fallen and Savior would be available.  I was thinking, if it was only going to be a couple of weeks or so, I might just bite the bullet and wait it out.   If it was going to be longer, I would come up with a plan B.   Didn't hear back from her for a little while, I figured she was doing some digging to find out.

Yeah, she was digging all right.  Digging up a 55 gallon drum of Good Juju to drop right on my head.

It turns out that the version of the Savior that they ran out of is the one that doesn't have windows in the emitter.   I ordered the one WITH windows.  And as for the Fallen, someone who had ordered the black hilt recently swapped it out of their order for a different color, and she was able to snag it for me.

KA-BOOM!!!

She said it'll take a couple of days to fabricate everything because my order is big - 9 lightsabers - but as soon as it's ready to ship, they'll send me the tracking information.  Now the torture of waiting REALLY starts.

My last question for her was to please make sure the upgrade order I placed for the Frankensaber was linked to tbis one.  Probably won't hear on that one until Monday, unless she's working over the weekend.

Still...180 degree turnaround.   And if she hadn't taken the time to investigate a little further, I might have missed out on the Fallen model that I wanted.  THAT is customer service.

I'm going to wait until the order comes in and I've checked it all out, but if everything is okay with it, Ultrasabers is getting a 5 star review from me.   And I will definitely be a repeat customer.

WOO-HOO!!!

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #11881 on: July 11, 2020, 12:50:19 AM »

This is a group of UltraSabers customers and fans, not a way to reach UltraSabers customer service.  Nobody here works for UltraSabers.  We can give advice, but we can’t provide specific information about your order because we don’t have access to any of that information.

ORDINARILY, you would probably have your sober in your hand already, because their turnaround time was typically 1-2 weeks.  Lots of us old-timers have that as our default experience with UltraSabers.  HOWEVER... in early December of last year, thanks to all the fan excitement surrounding the last Star Wars movie, a new Star Wars TV show that apparently should have been titled “Baby Yoda” instead, the release of a new Star Wars video game, the Christmas gift-giving season, and a winter sales promotion, they began to have so many orders that they fell behind.  In January, there started to be issues with parts and components, because of the COVID-19 issues in China, where some of the electronic parts are manufactured, and they fell a little more behind.  In February, the fallout from COVID-19 started to have effects here in the United States, and some of their more-local parts suppliers fell behind, not just the ones in China.  As time progressed, and as social-distancing measures needed to be put into effect in the workplace (causing more than the usual scheduling issues of getting the right technician, the right saber, the right parts, and the right tools all at the right workstation at the right time, multiplied across the multiple suppliers used), the backlog continued.  On May 25, they lost all their emails prior to that date, and that has caused its own issues.  They have staff working 24x7 trying to catch up from the backlog, and some progress is being made, but they are nowhere near back to normal yet.

Their overall delivery times have slipped quite a bit; although some folks still get their sabers in a week or two, some sabers take three or four weeks, and some take eight weeks or longer.  Note that the orders are NOT worked in a First-In-First-Out queue order; there are too many dependencies on various parts, technician skill sets, machine/workstation availability, and Lord-only-knows what else for that to be even close to efficient.  There have been entire books— heck, entire college courses,— written on efficient manufacturing-process scheduling, so there’s no way I can give a full explanation here; just know that it’s very complicated.

The response times on the customer service emails have slipped quite a bit, too.  All I can say is to keep sending POLITE emails to [email protected] with your order number in the subject line, but I wouldn’t send an email every day; that will just clog up the Inbox and make it harder to find the emails that need an answer other than “Yes, we have your order, and it’s in the processing queue, but I can’t tell you when it will ship, because we are waiting on <fill_in_the_blank>.”  There’s nothing wrong with wanting an update, because you have sent them your money; just understand that right now, getting an update, or your saber, is going to take longer than normal, and longer than any of us would like.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

Adapt.Improvise and Overcome

« Reply #11882 on: July 11, 2020, 01:07:30 AM »

WAY TO GO JEDI!!!!

( Light points when earned )

Various fan art and fiction
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=12.0

Own
 Dark Sentinel staff LE v4 - tri red

Wish list
Arbiter staff - blazing red-sound
Phantasm LE V4 staff - AS blade - stunt
Raven in staff setup - color ?? - stunt

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #11883 on: July 11, 2020, 01:11:03 AM »

WAY TO GO JEDI!!!!

I'm telling you, I never had to slam down a poker face in front of my kids that fast in my life! 

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

Zylo1010
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #11884 on: July 11, 2020, 01:26:45 AM »

Still no reply, but i got another sales ad from them......

DarthTrav23
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -1

Chaotic Neutral to the core.

« Reply #11885 on: July 11, 2020, 02:12:32 AM »

Man, oh man....do i have an update to tell you guys about.....

So I emailed Nichole back, asking if she could give me some kind of idea or estimate on when the Fallen and Savior would be available.  I was thinking, if it was only going to be a couple of weeks or so, I might just bite the bullet and wait it out.   If it was going to be longer, I would come up with a plan B.   Didn't hear back from her for a little while, I figured she was doing some digging to find out.

Yeah, she was digging all right.  Digging up a 55 gallon drum of Good Juju to drop right on my head.

It turns out that the version of the Savior that they ran out of is the one that doesn't have windows in the emitter.   I ordered the one WITH windows.  And as for the Fallen, someone who had ordered the black hilt recently swapped it out of their order for a different color, and she was able to snag it for me.

KA-BOOM!!!

She said it'll take a couple of days to fabricate everything because my order is big - 9 lightsabers - but as soon as it's ready to ship, they'll send me the tracking information.  Now the torture of waiting REALLY starts.

My last question for her was to please make sure the upgrade order I placed for the Frankensaber was linked to tbis one.  Probably won't hear on that one until Monday, unless she's working over the weekend.

Still...180 degree turnaround.   And if she hadn't taken the time to investigate a little further, I might have missed out on the Fallen model that I wanted.  THAT is customer service.

I'm going to wait until the order comes in and I've checked it all out, but if everything is okay with it, Ultrasabers is getting a 5 star review from me.   And I will definitely be a repeat customer.

WOO-HOO!!!

Thats so awesome!!! Lucky!! I hope my turn is next!!!

Currently awaiting

The Fallen - RGBW w/ diamond controller

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

« Reply #11886 on: July 11, 2020, 02:22:54 AM »

if i push the purchase button my cart my wife will place a light saber in a very bad spot

Own

Wish list

dogdoctor
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -4

« Reply #11887 on: July 11, 2020, 02:34:28 AM »

In fixing to make a trip and open that box for you. I dont have that level of patience for me or anyone else. Lol
Still here ... 10:30 pm EST 😶

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarthTrav23
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -1

Chaotic Neutral to the core.

« Reply #11888 on: July 11, 2020, 02:36:26 AM »

You're killing me smalls.

Currently awaiting

The Fallen - RGBW w/ diamond controller

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #11889 on: July 11, 2020, 02:45:14 AM »

The suspense is killing us all:
WhAtS iN tHe BoX?!?!

-

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

« Reply #11890 on: July 11, 2020, 02:45:23 AM »

open the dam thing already.....lol

Own

Wish list

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #11891 on: July 11, 2020, 02:47:24 AM »

Dude...are you FRICKIN' SERIOUS right now?  OPEN THE BLOODY THING, WILL YA??

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

« Reply #11892 on: July 11, 2020, 03:00:18 AM »

Own

Wish list

dogdoctor
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -4

« Reply #11893 on: July 11, 2020, 03:15:44 AM »

Wohoo!

Dark Initiate LE v4 with Black AV Switch Blazing Red
Sentinel v4 with Guarded Switch Consular Green

Guess which one my son chose?! Kids got taste!

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #11894 on: July 11, 2020, 03:21:44 AM »

Wohoo!

Dark Initiate LE v4 with Black AV Switch Blazing Red
Sentinel v4 with Guarded Switch Consular Green

Guess which one my son chose?! Kids got taste!

Ooh, very nice... Cool

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS: