Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 812 813 [814] 815 816 ... 915   Go Down
Author Topic: (im)Patiently waiting for my new _______!!!  (Read 2170998 times)
EagleSentinel97
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #12195 on: July 18, 2020, 03:46:01 AM »

Laura send me an e-mail this morning, she apologized for the delay, and told me that they have experienced a much higher than expected volume of orders and fell slightly behind on the 4 week lead time on the website.

I feel waaaaay better knowing that they are working 24/7 so they can ship every order (she wrote that too) so, well maybe I'll have to wait a little longer but now the wait will be much easier.

Gryphawoo
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #12196 on: July 18, 2020, 04:31:12 AM »

So I was looking around the saber swinging community and recently saw that one of the Other Guys banned people from complaining about wait times. That's one pretty big positive about ultrasabers is they're not pulling crap like that and let people give their honest opinion on things like this. Just wanted to add a little bit in to hopefully make it a little more positive here since everyone (and myself) is worrying about their orders.

NoLifeLeft42
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #12197 on: July 18, 2020, 06:33:48 AM »

No sound.🥺.

So how hard is it to add sound or mod one of these hilts yourself? 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not bad at all.  I bought my hilts empty.

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #12198 on: July 18, 2020, 06:47:45 AM »

Keep in mind (if it helps those waiting for hilts they see other people get first) that Grab Bags can have cosmetic flaws on the hilt...

And I guess we aren't surprised about the new raffle...

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Starflicker
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 16

I Wanna the Hero but the Villains having more fun

« Reply #12199 on: July 18, 2020, 09:17:36 AM »

So I have an order that just qualifies for the Raffle and is actually something that I want, but since there has been no movement or information regarding my prior orders from May 11th and May 16th, I cannot bring myself to spend any more money.

Everytime I check the website and find my orders are still "Processing" I play around and make up other Sabers that I would love to get.

I think my next one has been narrowed down to a Dark Sentinel V4 Staff with a Quick Release Coupler and Blades of Adegan Silver, with a Yari Extension. One hilt full LE and windows, other completely basic. Plotting to make it a sort of 'Sleeper' staff with the plain hilt looking like it is just the butt of a spear. (I don't have any illusions that this is a new concept, but in theroy, in my head it seems cool)

Well, that is my musing for now. I hope that the rest of you are receiving either proper information or golden tickets.

Newly Obsessed with Sabers
Aeon v4 Windows BVA, Aeon v3 BR, Dark Initiate v2 BR, Archon v2.1 GB, Bellicose SRD, Aeon v2 GB, Initiate v3 GB, Dark Apprentice v4 Windows CG, Dominix v5 Diamond, Dark Apprentice v4 windows Staff Stunt AS, Dark Apprentice v5 Obsidian v4 CG with FO FoC, Azure Mantis GB Obsidian Lite

I need to stop. Or, ya know, win the lottery.

Wish List: Too long to be placed here.

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #12200 on: July 18, 2020, 10:11:31 AM »

So I have an order that just qualifies for the Raffle and is actually something that I want, but since there has been no movement or information regarding my prior orders from May 11th and May 16th, I cannot bring myself to spend any more money.

Everytime I check the website and find my orders are still "Processing" I play around and make up other Sabers that I would love to get.

I think my next one has been narrowed down to a Dark Sentinel V4 Staff with a Quick Release Coupler and Blades of Adegan Silver, with a Yari Extension. One hilt full LE and windows, other completely basic. Plotting to make it a sort of 'Sleeper' staff with the plain hilt looking like it is just the butt of a spear. (I don't have any illusions that this is a new concept, but in theroy, in my head it seems cool)

Well, that is my musing for now. I hope that the rest of you are receiving either proper information or golden tickets.
Sneaky double blade huh. Interesting =)
I totally understand your point of view. I am myself considering the raffle... With a windowed sentinel yellow Spectre... While still wainting for my empress.

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #12201 on: July 18, 2020, 10:53:06 AM »

So I was looking around the saber swinging community and recently saw that one of the Other Guys banned people from complaining about wait times. That's one pretty big positive about ultrasabers is they're not pulling crap like that and let people give their honest opinion on things like this. Just wanted to add a little bit in to hopefully make it a little more positive here since everyone (and myself) is worrying about their orders.

I saw this myself...it's actually  - and let me see if I can explain the story in a little more detail without violating any of this group's rules - a Facebook page for custom sabers in general that's run by the owner of one of the "other guys."  The rule states that the group is only for saber discussion and sharing pics and whatnot, and no unrelated posts (memes and the like) will be tolerated.  Which, by itself is fine, and makes some sense when you think about it, but the rule actually singles out "commiserating about wait times."

What?  Seriously?  You can talk about your custom saber but you can't talk about how long you waited for it?

Boy, if this place had that rule, we'd  ALL be screwed, LOL....

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #12202 on: July 18, 2020, 11:11:26 AM »

Laura send me an e-mail this morning, she apologized for the delay, and told me that they have experienced a much higher than expected volume of orders and fell slightly behind on the 4 week lead time on the website.

I feel waaaaay better knowing that they are working 24/7 so they can ship every order (she wrote that too) so, well maybe I'll have to wait a little longer but now the wait will be much easier.

I'll admit, I had a bit of a chuckle at them falling "slightly behind,"  but yeah, I agree, it is good to know they're working 24/7 to try and get the processing back on track.  Texas has been all but nuked by Covid-19, it's got to be stressful as hell down there these days.

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #12203 on: July 18, 2020, 12:33:52 PM »

Keep in mind (if it helps those waiting for hilts they see other people get first) that Grab Bags can have cosmetic flaws on the hilt...

And I guess we aren't surprised about the new raffle...

Depending on the flaw, it could add a bit of character to the hilt.  After all, the original trilogy was supposed to have the theme of a "used universe".

And yeah....not surprised about the new promo.  No more lightsaber orders for me, though,  at least for now.  After Christmas, I'm sure I'll be ordering more.

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

Adapt.Improvise and Overcome

« Reply #12204 on: July 18, 2020, 12:43:37 PM »

only thing holding me back from going crazy and ordering all the staffs i desire is funds

( Light points when earned )

Various fan art and fiction
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=12.0

Own
 Dark Sentinel staff LE v4 - tri red

Wish list
Arbiter staff - blazing red-sound
Phantasm LE V4 staff - AS blade - stunt
Raven in staff setup - color ?? - stunt

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #12205 on: July 18, 2020, 12:54:22 PM »

Same here xD
Though that might change in a near future and my will will be put to the test...

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #12206 on: July 18, 2020, 01:07:18 PM »

Same here...gotta keep an eye on the money.  My plan, if I can do it, is to budget and save up and order one every month or two.

Unless I hit Powerball....then I'm gonna order one of each in one shot.   Grin

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

matth431
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #12207 on: July 18, 2020, 01:21:21 PM »

and a MB ordered on May 14th would have like to go for a better Hilt but the P&P and import tax costs a fair bit being in UK.
Im stoked though i got 2 MB's for my 1st order and i loved them but the lure of a sound saber was to great Tongue

This is a good point for folks buying in the UK as it came as a bit of a shock to me, but expect an import/duty tax on your purchase on top of what you pay Ultrasabers - they do mention this and have no way of knowing what you will pay as it depends on destination country. I had to pay an extra £41.57 duty on my Apprentice LEv5.

Meserin
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #12208 on: July 18, 2020, 01:29:27 PM »

I ordered my first saber ever on May 11th, and haven’t heard anything from my emails about it being processed. I’ve sent maybe 3 or 4 to [email protected], but is that the right email to send to? Also, my friends family ordered like 6 lightsabers last month and got them a week ago so this whole situation has me feelin kinda stressed😳

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #12209 on: July 18, 2020, 01:46:22 PM »

I ordered my first saber ever on May 11th, and haven’t heard anything from my emails about it being processed. I’ve sent maybe 3 or 4 to [email protected], but is that the right email to send to? Also, my friends family ordered like 6 lightsabers last month and got them a week ago so this whole situation has me feelin kinda stressed😳

All right...pull up a chair....

Prior to 2020, their processing time was about a week, but thanks to numerous factors - Rise of Skywalker mania, Covid-19 affecting their workforce and that of the companies they get their components from, shortages of materials, and so on - their manufacturing process is significantly delayed.  They've been telling people 3-4 weeks processing time, and are trying to hold to that, but these days the average seems to be 6-8 weeks.  Some have been waiting longer than that, as evidenced in the threads.  It depends on what you ordered, and if the components are in stock.  They are not processing orders sequentially, but are processing what they can, when they can.

Adding to this madness are email and communication issues.  They had a big snafu that went down on May 25, resulting in ALL their emails up to that day being wiped out.  As of now, only one email address to the company works, [email protected], and because of the deluge of emails the company is experiencing, replies have been hit or miss.  Also, the website updates are nonexistent, no idea as to why.

Basically, it's the Perfect Storm called 2020. 

One thing I will point out though, is that orders ARE getting processed.   They have not halted any of that, they're just extremely delayed.  When your order is ready to ship, you'll get that Golden Ticket email directly from Ultrasabers.

If you feel the need to, send an inquiry email about once a week to the address i mentioned earlier to see what's up.  Be civil, and include your order number in the subject.   And remember that it's trial and error, so some patience is required here.

It's not right that things are this way, but some of this is beyond the company's control; I'm sure that the company itself wishes things were different as well.  This is just how it is for the time being.

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS: