Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 875 876 [877] 878 879 ... 915   Go Down
Author Topic: (im)Patiently waiting for my new _______!!!  (Read 2171129 times)
Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #13140 on: October 08, 2020, 11:16:07 PM »

So help me, if you don't do an unboxing video after that long wait, we will not be happy.....

Yeah, what Jedi_Phoenix said!  I hope it’s worth the wait for you!

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #13141 on: October 09, 2020, 01:59:15 AM »

So help me, if you don't do an unboxing video after that long wait, we will not be happy.....

I have not tried to do an unboxing video before, I might have to try. It will be hard to do if it comes on the scheduled day, Sunday. I am hoping for an early delivery on Saturday.  I have to fit sleeping in with watching my Browns play.

Starting to feel excited....

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Starflicker
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 16

I Wanna the Hero but the Villains having more fun

« Reply #13142 on: October 09, 2020, 02:56:26 AM »

My second prize from the summer raffle.

Azure Mantis GB, Obsidian Lite, no claws, silver A/V, squared pommel, left side Covertech

Pros:
The color! This is a thing of beauty and the GB works so well with it.
The aesthetic. This thing is elegant (IMO) like it is designed for dueling one handed, very much like proper fencing.

Cons:
No Flash on Clash
No volume control
One Sound Font

All my sabers are now here and there will not be any more for a while as my wallet has sustained several significant wounds lately. However, I will be watching for flash sales and other good deals.

Apologies if this is not quite the proper place for this post.

Newly Obsessed with Sabers
Aeon v4 Windows BVA, Aeon v3 BR, Dark Initiate v2 BR, Archon v2.1 GB, Bellicose SRD, Aeon v2 GB, Initiate v3 GB, Dark Apprentice v4 Windows CG, Dominix v5 Diamond, Dark Apprentice v4 windows Staff Stunt AS, Dark Apprentice v5 Obsidian v4 CG with FO FoC, Azure Mantis GB Obsidian Lite

I need to stop. Or, ya know, win the lottery.

Wish List: Too long to be placed here.

SeenAGreatLight
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 20

Light-seeker

« Reply #13143 on: October 09, 2020, 04:07:47 AM »

My second prize from the summer raffle.

Azure Mantis GB, Obsidian Lite, no claws, silver A/V, squared pommel, left side Covertech

Pros:
The color! This is a thing of beauty and the GB works so well with it.
The aesthetic. This thing is elegant (IMO) like it is designed for dueling one handed, very much like proper fencing.

Cons:
No Flash on Clash
No volume control
One Sound Font

All my sabers are now here and there will not be any more for a while as my wallet has sustained several significant wounds lately. However, I will be watching for flash sales and other good deals.

Apologies if this is not quite the proper place for this post.

Beautiful saber, Starflicker!  What's it like holding a curved saber?  Does it take some getting used to, or does it feel natural?

And no worries; this thread is for all of us who are gasping and crawling through the Desert of Delay™, and every time someone makes it to the Oasis of Arrival™ is cause to celebrate. Smiley

"You're still struggling with the Dark Side."
"We will always struggle, but that is the test."
     -- Cal Kestis and Cere Junda

-----==]| Astrium Spectrum - A Jedi: Fallen Order Soundfont by SeenAGreatLight |[==-----

Starflicker
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 16

I Wanna the Hero but the Villains having more fun

« Reply #13144 on: October 09, 2020, 08:01:08 AM »

The curved saber is kinda odd.

The way the button is set up you pretty much have to hold it the way that you see Doku hold it in the prequels.
Seems very much a 'fencing' style saber.
The bend where the body narrows before the shroud is a natural choke point for me.

Also the Mantis seems heavy to me.
The balance point with the UEMG 36 inch Blade seems to be just ahead of the silver shroud. About 1/8 inch.
The double body (Silver Ribbed body with an Azure Shroud) below the curve and the large pommel give it significant (IMO) weight.
To me this seems to allow me to move the blade very naturally around that balance point, but does not seem to allow me the powerful strikes (not that power generally matters when wielding a barely leashed bolt of plasma).

I'm not sure how one would effectively use it two handed, but that may be a failure of my imagination, also I haven't really found a comfortable point at which to spin the saber. I had to leave for work soon after unboxing it and, without a volume control on the Obsidian Lite, I cannot use it around my house after others have gone to sleep, so my practice with it has been limited.

It feels to me like it is more about control and speed, rather than spins and flourishes.
While it is a nice saber, I think it is also quite limiting.
The shape limits my stance and range of movement with the blade. This could be a failing in my own training, since I have no sword skills at all.
The weight also would be a limiting factor, since it feels like it would tire one out relatively quickly.

The Guardian Blue looks amazing with the Azure anodizing.

The Left Side Covertech is perfect. I just need to procure a proper belt clip now.

This is likely to become a project saber for me, or I might just buy one with proper electronics.

I now regret not chipping in the extra cash to make it a Diamond, or at the very least an Obsidian v4.
The Obsidian Lite board is seriously limited, even if it is wonderfully loud and clear with the sound that it does produce.
An Arctic Blue Flash on Clash would have made this absolutely awesome.

Newly Obsessed with Sabers
Aeon v4 Windows BVA, Aeon v3 BR, Dark Initiate v2 BR, Archon v2.1 GB, Bellicose SRD, Aeon v2 GB, Initiate v3 GB, Dark Apprentice v4 Windows CG, Dominix v5 Diamond, Dark Apprentice v4 windows Staff Stunt AS, Dark Apprentice v5 Obsidian v4 CG with FO FoC, Azure Mantis GB Obsidian Lite

I need to stop. Or, ya know, win the lottery.

Wish List: Too long to be placed here.

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #13145 on: October 09, 2020, 11:37:03 AM »

The curved saber is kinda odd.

The way the button is set up you pretty much have to hold it the way that you see Doku hold it in the prequels.
Seems very much a 'fencing' style saber.
The bend where the body narrows before the shroud is a natural choke point for me.

Also the Mantis seems heavy to me.
The balance point with the UEMG 36 inch Blade seems to be just ahead of the silver shroud. About 1/8 inch.
The double body (Silver Ribbed body with an Azure Shroud) below the curve and the large pommel give it significant (IMO) weight.
To me this seems to allow me to move the blade very naturally around that balance point, but does not seem to allow me the powerful strikes (not that power generally matters when wielding a barely leashed bolt of plasma).

I'm not sure how one would effectively use it two handed, but that may be a failure of my imagination, also I haven't really found a comfortable point at which to spin the saber. I had to leave for work soon after unboxing it and, without a volume control on the Obsidian Lite, I cannot use it around my house after others have gone to sleep, so my practice with it has been limited.

It feels to me like it is more about control and speed, rather than spins and flourishes.
While it is a nice saber, I think it is also quite limiting.
The shape limits my stance and range of movement with the blade. This could be a failing in my own training, since I have no sword skills at all.
The weight also would be a limiting factor, since it feels like it would tire one out relatively quickly.

The Guardian Blue looks amazing with the Azure anodizing.

The Left Side Covertech is perfect. I just need to procure a proper belt clip now.

This is likely to become a project saber for me, or I might just buy one with proper electronics.

I now regret not chipping in the extra cash to make it a Diamond, or at the very least an Obsidian v4.
The Obsidian Lite board is seriously limited, even if it is wonderfully loud and clear with the sound that it does produce.
An Arctic Blue Flash on Clash would have made this absolutely awesome.

I remember reading somewhere that Christopher Lee had some background in fencing, so the curved hilt was designed with that in mind.  I think you'll get used to it over time the more you use it. 

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1559

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #13146 on: October 09, 2020, 12:12:57 PM »

I remember reading somewhere that Christopher Lee had some background in fencing, so the curved hilt was designed with that in mind.  I think you'll get used to it over time the more you use it. 

Hi Jedi Phoenix and Starflicker,

Yes Christopher Lee was very experienced in fencing (having had around 400 on screen duels iirc) and he talks about some of them in this YT video (apologies but I diidn't know where to post this so both members could see it - so if the Mods want to move it somewhere more appropriate I understand)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef4njNsDVos" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef4njNsDVos</a>

Finally to Starflicker, congrats on winning such a neat saber. Hopefully US will come up with a new curved hilt one day.

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #13147 on: October 09, 2020, 12:28:28 PM »

Hi Jedi Phoenix and Starflicker,

Yes Christopher Lee was very experienced in fencing (having had around 400 on screen duels iirc) and he talks about some of them in this YT video (apologies but I diidn't know where to post this so both members could see it - so if the Mods want to move it somewhere more appropriate I understand)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef4njNsDVos#

Man, that was great to watch.  Thanks for sharing, FT.

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #13148 on: October 09, 2020, 12:52:52 PM »

Thank you FT!
That was a nice little thing to watch.

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1559

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #13149 on: October 09, 2020, 01:14:25 PM »

Man, that was great to watch.  Thanks for sharing, FT.

Thank you FT!
That was a nice little thing to watch.

No problem, I enjoyed watching it again myself. The man was a legend.

SeenAGreatLight
Knight Sergeant

Light-seeker

« Reply #13150 on: October 09, 2020, 02:20:00 PM »

Love the Christopher Lee video!  I didn't realize he even had background in fencing, but I guess it makes sense.

Very detailed and well-thought out analysis, Starflicker!  It definitely sounds like a specialized saber.  Does the Obsidian Lite not come with a mute mode so you can use it without waking everyone up?  I thought that all sabers had that.

-----==]| Astrium Spectrum - A Jedi: Fallen Order Soundfont by SeenAGreatLight |[==-----

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #13151 on: October 09, 2020, 03:13:55 PM »

Love the Christopher Lee video!  I didn't realize he even had background in fencing, but I guess it makes sense.

Very detailed and well-thought out analysis, Starflicker!  It definitely sounds like a specialized saber.  Does the Obsidian Lite not come with a mute mode so you can use it without waking everyone up?  I thought that all sabers had that.

No, it's only Obsidian v4 that has that. 

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #13152 on: October 09, 2020, 03:16:50 PM »

No, it's only Obsidian v4 that has that. 

Well, and the Diamond.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #13153 on: October 09, 2020, 03:51:40 PM »

Well, and the Diamond.

AND the Diamond, right.  (thanks...)

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

SeenAGreatLight
Knight Sergeant

Light-seeker

« Reply #13154 on: October 09, 2020, 04:34:46 PM »

Update on the Combat Ready Fallen, for anyone who's ordered one, like me.

According to Matthew, the expected wait time on the Combat Ready Fallen is 4-6 weeks.

Pages: 1 ... 875 876 [877] 878 879 ... 915   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: