Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down
Author Topic: Superpowers...which would you choose?  (Read 28214 times)
Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« on: June 05, 2013, 04:45:56 PM »

Having been around comic book and fans of such I know the gut check answer is to go with iconic characters...gods, demi-gods, etc. but for this exercise let us consider the potential of a super power.

If you are thinking a pool power, meaning one that can be used to do anything...well that's lame lol...seriously though the magic/spells, telekinesis, or other use it to do whatever you want type of thing, well define it.

Not anything but rather say up to 5 things it can be used for in measure...keeping in mind that it requires endurance and skill to use different power applications.

So here is the idea, you just got or discovered your power/ability/talent due to puberty, stress, or other.

It is the first week and you are working out the kinks.

There are a couple hundred supers world wide, no demi-gods or ultra icons, but to be sure the money and opportunity will flow like a river...movies, TV, ultra sports, search/rescue, emergency response, etc.

This person getting this power is you, as you are.

What do you choose?

Light side points please Smiley

Darth_Arkanus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -273

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 05:16:21 PM »

I would choose a power that allow for the control of energy fields; be they sonic, magnetic or electrical/light.

Applications;

Levitation of objects (magnetic and sonic manipulation)
meditation "bubble" (sonic manipulation to nullify ALL extraneous sound)
energy projection (electrical manipulation)
"Sonic tidal-wave" (Sonic projection)
Personal Levitation/Flight (Magnetic manipulation)

n.b. These are just off-the-cuff possibilities. I'm sure this could be a never-ending pool of possibilities.

"The Dark Side is a pathway to many abilities!"

Venom "Durance of Hate"
Scorpion "Durance of Rage"
Dominix LE "Acolyte of Vengeance"
Phantasm LE "Twins of Tyranny"
Gladius "Acolyte of Agony"

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 05:45:33 PM »

Wish Granting

The power to grant wishes in the spirit of the wish to whomever asks (myself included), without any negative feedback, provided that the purpose of the wish is a good one. If the purpose of the wish is evil, the wish will still be granted, but it will be in the literal sense of the wish and the negative feedback will be horrific to the one who does the wishing (such as "I wish that so-and-so would die" will result in that person dying... by your hand and in a public place with surveillance video and cops watching you do it). If the initial purpose of the wish is good, and the person uses the results to do evil, it will backfire on them immediately. Also, I would have the ability to tell if a person's intents are good or evil, I can choose to grant the wish if I want, and my own wishes will always be in the spirit of the wish and will never backfire on me.

I can do literally anything.

If that's too much, then I want to have Luck.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 05:48:45 PM by Jev Moldara » Logged

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Kitra
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 38

"Use the force, Harry" -Gandalf

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 06:13:05 PM »

Shapechanging without limits would be absolutely sufficient for me.  Grin

Light side points are appreciated. Smiley

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 06:48:04 PM »

Wish Granting

The power to grant wishes in the spirit of the wish to whomever asks (myself included), without any negative feedback, provided that the purpose of the wish is a good one. If the purpose of the wish is evil, the wish will still be granted, but it will be in the literal sense of the wish and the negative feedback will be horrific to the one who does the wishing (such as "I wish that so-and-so would die" will result in that person dying... by your hand and in a public place with surveillance video and cops watching you do it). If the initial purpose of the wish is good, and the person uses the results to do evil, it will backfire on them immediately. Also, I would have the ability to tell if a person's intents are good or evil, I can choose to grant the wish if I want, and my own wishes will always be in the spirit of the wish and will never backfire on me.

I can do literally anything.

If that's too much, then I want to have Luck.

In a game context which I tend to consider quite a bit as is my nature...Wishing...whew...that is a good one actually.

Most times there is a connotation of a curse due to the unlimited nature of granting anything...careful for what you wish for...without any bad to go along with the good it would be a tough call...I do like the evil aspect of the twisted result...for the Wishing to work with such unlimited potential there would have to be some risk of some kind.

Perhaps a time limit, a strength limit (meaning the desire of the wisher, if it is a casual thought then it fades away fairly quickly...but if a driving desire then the permanency is set), maybe one wish per sunrise or sunset, something like that?

Almost always the Wishers can not wish for themselves...this might be a tough one...perhaps the above considerations x10...once per 10 days and if casual it fades almost instantly?

Now another thought would be that all the wishes are temporary...only lasting as long as another wish is not granted?

Interesting.

Luck...luck is always a good one to have...the potential has been played out in many ways...a favored one is to collect bad luck all around you where ever you go and then pool it up for yourself or others (that you touch for example)...you pass a person falling out a window and they land on some cardboard boxes and paper, uninjured, you drew the bad luck in and store the energy...tap an orphan later that day and they get adopted...etc.

Both are fun to consider  Smiley

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 06:53:48 PM »

I would choose a power that allow for the control of energy fields; be they sonic, magnetic or electrical/light.

Applications;

Levitation of objects (magnetic and sonic manipulation)
meditation "bubble" (sonic manipulation to nullify ALL extraneous sound)
energy projection (electrical manipulation)
"Sonic tidal-wave" (Sonic projection)
Personal Levitation/Flight (Magnetic manipulation)

n.b. These are just off-the-cuff possibilities. I'm sure this could be a never-ending pool of possibilities.

Energy field manipulation is fun...is there any consideration to favoring one type or another?  Or were you thinking all types of energy equally?

Usually the process would grant more potential the more you focus the foundation...meaning more options to play with if just sound or heat or solar or "insert".  Where the any energy source is most often a single output...as in any type of expressed energy is turned into regeneration or strength or flight or "insert" and not a power pool of potential?

Is there a energy type preferred or a single output preferred?

Cheesy

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2013, 07:07:56 PM »

Shapechanging without limits would be absolutely sufficient for me.  Grin

A great one.

Most often this power falls into a theme...

Any theme type...like animals or people...the more selective the better the change...if animals then gaining some of the abilities, if people then gaining a measure of perfection, if things like chairs or walls then gaining some qualities like texture and density, etc.

If can change into anything then you would most likely fall into a Plastic Man theme, he can turn into whatever he can imagine but it still always looks like him

Beastboy could become any animal even extinct, but always green

What direction would you want to take the idea?

Cheesy

PS
Shapechange is a favorite of mine!

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2013, 07:13:27 PM »

You'd think I would say Spider-Man but in fact I'd rather have the abilities of The Flash.

Super speed (Speed Force)
Self-molecular control
Time travel Cyclone/tornado/highwind generation,
Steal Speed
Mass Punch
Universe Travel
Frictionless aura
Veloctity sharpened perceptions
Probability prediction (Post-Flashpoint)

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2013, 07:22:36 PM »

I have played this "what power" game so many times...

The one that popped up today is...

Absolute Regeneration

Not the Wolverine type which is a near instant healing factor but rather a molecular level thing.

If cut in half then the two parts and separated, let us say one side falls off a building, then the two parts would regenerate into two complete people...the catch...the two parts must seek each other out immediately.

Picture him getting cut in two, darth maul style, by Slicer Guy and one half falls on the building and the other falls off the 10 story building...the two pieces start regenerating immediately...the body half falling takes more damage on the way down and with the sudden stop...the top half finishes first and leaps off the building...the bottom half is almost done as the other hits the concrete...both crawl to each other and combine, regenerating faster and then fully formed shakes his fist at Slicer Guy.

Not sure how useful this would be lol, but it could be a lot of fun in potential.

Cheesy

Master Lucien Kane
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 296

Jedi Knight of the Old Republic

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2013, 07:27:54 PM »

I'd want the parasites fry had in Futurama lol.

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2013, 07:28:01 PM »

You'd think I would say Spider-Man but in fact I'd rather have the abilities of The Flash.

Super speed (Speed Force)
Self-molecular control
Time travel Cyclone/tornado/highwind generation,
Steal Speed
Mass Punch
Universe Travel
Frictionless aura
Veloctity sharpened perceptions
Probability prediction (Post-Flashpoint)

Kham is in with the rule breaker lol.

Flash...iconic demi-god with near unlimited power pool of powers...Smiley

But that said a speedster is a great choice.

The relatable...very fast, multiple actions, and some of the super speed tricks like contact friction (running up/sliding down buildings) and running across water.  That sort of thing would be a blast.

But all of Flash's powers would be beyond compare or measure to our little consideration.

Is there a specific special ability of Flash that appeals more than the others?  
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 07:31:31 PM by Jedi Relmeob » Logged

BenPass
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2013, 07:28:20 PM »

For me, it would have to be teleportation. So, to prevent absolute teleportation, I would say "Jumper" style...look at a real location, concentrate enough, then away you go. Drawbacks could include arriving nude, passing out from exertion upon arrival, limit of one trip per day, or all of the above.

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

Darth_Arkanus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -273

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2013, 07:30:51 PM »

Energy field manipulation is fun...is there any consideration to favoring one type or another?  Or were you thinking all types of energy equally?

Usually the process would grant more potential the more you focus the foundation...meaning more options to play with if just sound or heat or solar or "insert".  Where the any energy source is most often a single output...as in any type of expressed energy is turned into regeneration or strength or flight or "insert" and not a power pool of potential?

Is there a energy type preferred or a single output preferred?

Cheesy

not really, though if i were pressed I'd say sound. I believe that sound can affect many things.

"The Dark Side is a pathway to many abilities!"

Venom "Durance of Hate"
Scorpion "Durance of Rage"
Dominix LE "Acolyte of Vengeance"
Phantasm LE "Twins of Tyranny"
Gladius "Acolyte of Agony"

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2013, 07:31:03 PM »

I'd want the parasites fry had in Futurama lol.

Lol a great one...but in our little consideration, perhaps Mr Right?

Near the limits of physical, aesthetic, intellectual, and creative limits for a human being?

Lots of fun there!

Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 07:34:24 PM by Jedi Relmeob » Logged

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 178

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2013, 07:32:59 PM »

Electricity Absorption. It would be used to augment my strength, agility, stamina, speed, and durability. My body already has these traits slightly augmented because of the natural bio-electricity in my nervous system, but absorbing electricity from other sources augments them further. I can also project the absorbed electricity into small, projectile blasts to temporarily stun others, or shock them into unconsciousness through physical contact.

But again, I would have to already have absorbed some electricity to do this. I could project my natural bio-electricity, but it will weaken me depending on how much I project. I can recover the bio-electricity (the human body is very resourceful!), but it would take some time depending on how much I use.

Eventually, I could learn to do just as much as any electrokinetic (or magnetokinetic), but I would still be dependent on other sources of electricity rather than being able to create my own.

I love this power.  Grin

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: