Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 69   Go Down
Author Topic: The Blue Army  (Read 333737 times)
steviewonder1125
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 12

Light Side Points Please.

« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2013, 05:08:25 AM »

"I'm blue, da ba dee da ba die, da ba dee da ba die..."   Tongue

steviewonder1125
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2013, 05:10:22 AM »

OH! Anyone ever experiment with removing the mirror from a blade tip before? Can anyone recommend for or against?

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -631

Dark Side points if you please

« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2013, 05:25:44 AM »

So... what would you say most people at a typical anime convention use, camera-wise? Because keep in mind, I'll be trying either a Midgrade UltraEdge, or a standard Midgrade (possibly, just to see what the difference looks like in person between the two) and regardless of the style I go with, I'm hoping that people photographing me will get awesome pictures.

I might try Consular Green next, to be honest. Though next time, I'm going all out, so it may take all of next year before I'll be able to afford it. What I was thinking was, the Nickel Plated Finish Consular hilt, in Consular Green, with Silver FOC, Obsidian Sound, and Quick Disconnect (later buying modules for Guardian Blue, Arctic Blue, and Violet Amethyst). I realize this would cost more in the long run, especially getting FOC added to each separate module, but I hate the crowded look of the RGB option. I think it detracts from how a proper lightsaber should look, but just my opinion. Then to the Consular, I'd add the Dark Shock emitter and the Guardian pommel.

But after getting my Aeon, I'm pretty sure I'm Blue For Life.   Cool

Most cameras will usually photograph sabers pretty well and most of them will automatically add that white core effect that makes them look like real sabers. You really have to get a faster Shutter Speed to make that effect disappear to the point where only the color shows through. To be honest, cheaper cameras usually are better for photographing sabers because they don't have the kind of settings threshold that more expensive cameras do, and therefore are only able to photograph sabers in a certain settings range, which is usually good for sabers. You won't have to worry about people getting bad pictures of it, unless of course the batteries run low and dim the blade.

OH! Anyone ever experiment with removing the mirror from a blade tip before? Can anyone recommend for or against?

I would say do not remove the mirror because that is what reflects the color back down into the blade. By removing it, you will essentially be letting light escape through the tip, instead of reflecting it back into the blade. As such, the blade won't be as bright and you'll have more of a flashlight effect than an actual saber.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2030

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2013, 05:29:34 AM »

I just did some pictures and used an 8 second shutter speed and they turned out pretty good with ISO at 800. Not sure where the exposure was set at. I'll be posting a pic in the Jedi weapon thread. Lol.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2013, 05:44:52 AM »

I just did some pictures and used an 8 second shutter speed and they turned out pretty good with ISO at 800. Not sure where the exposure was set at. I'll be posting a pic in the Jedi weapon thread. Lol.

It turned out well. It really makes me appreciate that color of green and makes me wish I had a saber with that color.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2013, 06:15:48 AM »

Then get one. Lol. If you don't already have one an Overlord would look really BA in Consular Green. I'm liking the Standard Issue more though for the upper grooves. Probably a spinning dream. Streamlined yet elegant and good looking is what comes to mind to me about the SI. Song idea... What Comes To Mind. Yes. I will be working on this one for sure. Tongue Not to be off topic but I think I'm finally getting that metal band going with a good buddy of mine. He has an ANCIENT Ibanez guitar that still amazingly works.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2013, 06:46:19 AM »

Then get one. Lol. If you don't already have one an Overlord would look really BA in Consular Green. I'm liking the Standard Issue more though for the upper grooves. Probably a spinning dream. Streamlined yet elegant and good looking is what comes to mind to me about the SI. Song idea... What Comes To Mind. Yes. I will be working on this one for sure. Tongue Not to be off topic but I think I'm finally getting that metal band going with a good buddy of mine. He has an ANCIENT Ibanez guitar that still amazingly works.

I would get a lot things if I could afford them, but right now I'm nearly broke. As for spinning, I would much rather spin a saber with choke points. Owning the DSI, I can say that it is OK for spinning, however whenever I want to do some serious spinning, I always reach for my Phantasm Initiate V3s. The choke points act as a guide for certain spins and makes the saber feel nearly weightless in the hands. Also they provide a much better grip, both one-handed and two-handed. The only reason I would choose my DSI over my Phantasm would be to have a Sith-like saber. My next saber will be a combination of both worlds, which will be a Phantom Initate V3 LE staff in Consular Green.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2013, 07:38:12 AM »

my archon with its 36 mid grade blade is good for spinning- my sister loves it, says its beautifully balanced (she has better experience with such things than me). the neck acts as a great choke point so you hold it almost where its balance point is

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2013, 08:54:15 AM »

That'll be a cool staff. Can't wait to see it. How does the say, SI do for minor orbits? That's what I specialize in now. Lol. Since you have the DSI it'd be the same thing really. I'm just going to get a regular SI in Consular Green with a regular Heavy Grade blade.

steviewonder1125
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2013, 09:04:31 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYoX2aj00Z4" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYoX2aj00Z4</a>

Speaking of blue, I just replaced my batteries for the first time. I did a short follow-up video to my Unboxing to show the difference. Just replacing the AAA batteries alone brought out a much better and deeper blue hue in the UltraEdge Heavy Grade, and seems like it's twice as bright, at least in person.  Cheesy

steviewonder1125
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2013, 09:11:26 AM »

UPDATED REVIEW

Color
10/10

MUCH bluer than previously seen. In person I'm not getting the greenish tinge to it anymore. Before I replaced the batteries, I could actually see the LED shining a solid green for half of it. The second the new batteries went in, no green at all. It was an even more brilliant hue of blue than before as well. I was shocked and amazed to say the least.

Hilt
10/10

Still Aces in my book! I love my Aeon LE V3, and I gotta say, Arctic Blue suits it very, very well indeed!

Brightness
10/10

Where to even BEGIN. I thought I loved my Ultrasaber before, I can't even believe it now. In person, it's wonderful to see that it does get much brighter, even in the UltraEdge Heavy Grade. I get the better shade of blue evenly lit throughout the blade as well, and it just looks so much better in person, either up close or from a distance. It bathes everything in light!

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2013, 09:18:34 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYoX2aj00Z4#

Speaking of blue, I just replaced my batteries for the first time. I did a short follow-up video to my Unboxing to show the difference. Just replacing the AAA batteries alone brought out a much better and deeper blue hue in the UltraEdge Heavy Grade, and seems like it's twice as bright, at least in person.  Cheesy

I saw that little flourish at the end there. Tongue Anyway, I definitely think blue is the best color that shows up in pictures and on video. I love the glow that you get from it, as well as the white core. Both effects make it looks like a real lightsaber. I'm sure getting some rechargeable batteries will save you some money in the long run.

steviewonder1125
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #57 on: July 07, 2013, 09:24:45 AM »

Haha, liked the flourish did ya?  Tongue

Yeah, I'm really happy I decided on the Standard Setup. It's true, it seems blue transfers to film VERY well. I'm thinking now though I'll order the UltraEdge Midgrade first rather than the Standard Midgrade. I'm really happy with the full look and the pool of light around the blade that it radiates. So I'm sure the UEMG being half the thickness will be simply incredible.

I am going to opt for a pointed tip. That way, it'll really look like a prequel saber. That's likely how I'll order my Standard blades down the road, too. Save the pointed tips for show, and the rounded tips for heavy dueling. Probably safer that way, too. LOL   Tongue

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #58 on: July 07, 2013, 09:46:40 AM »

Nice Aeon. Looks really good in Arctic Blue. =] So I guess there are colored standard switches again. Cool.

steviewonder1125
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #59 on: July 07, 2013, 09:53:27 AM »

Heh, if you like it, then check out these two photos. I guess it didn't look too green in my Unboxing video, but still photos from my camera phone by itself, you can see that before I changed the batteries, it looks almost like Sun Rider's Destiny, its hue is so teal-green.

With Original Batteries

And With a brand new pack of Alkaline AAA

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 69   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: