Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Obsidian specs  (Read 4415 times)
Warlock Umbra
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -126

Dark Wizard of the Sith

« on: June 10, 2011, 01:48:35 PM »

I was wondering if we could get the specs for the Obsidian (dimensions, power source, etc....)? Also, if there is gonna be a user manual like the one for the Petit Crouton?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 03:41:58 PM by Warlock Kush » Logged

"Malificent"--Dark Shock w/Sith sound__Blazing Red
"Carnage"--SS ed. RGB Raven
"Dominator"--Bane w/Obsidian__Pyrestone Orange/Dark Violet

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 03:06:28 PM »

In the video we answered most of this already. The only thing we didn't mention were the dimensions, which are 1" x 2" x 0.3"

Watch the vid again for everything else. I will post a full tech specification later.

Warlock Umbra
Knight Commander

Dark Wizard of the Sith

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 03:24:41 PM »

In the video we answered most of this already. The only thing we didn't mention were the dimensions, which are 1" x 2" x 0.3"

Watch the vid again for everything else. I will post a full tech specification later.

Sweet, Thanks Ultra!! Unfortunately my internet stop working last night and I can't watch the video at work!  Angry

SonicSculpture
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 10:51:53 AM »

I saw nothing in the video about things like flicker speed or whether it has an adjustable numeric range for main LED's like the crouton, 35-70, or specific presets, like the US 2.5. I wish they'd have spent a lot more time showing us the adjustable slide-bar section where you tweek all the settings you are going to download into your saber. We've waited a long time for something so interactive. We want to see more !!!

Warlock Umbra
Knight Commander

Dark Wizard of the Sith

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 11:56:27 AM »

I saw nothing in the video about things like flicker speed or whether it has an adjustable numeric range for main LED's like the crouton, 35-70, or specific presets, like the US 2.5. I wish they'd have spent a lot more time showing us the adjustable slide-bar section where you tweek all the settings you are going to download into your saber. We've waited a long time for something so interactive. We want to see more !!!

The Obsidian has no lighting effects. You would have to buy an LED driver for that.

Novastar
Disgraced
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 110

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 09:59:22 PM »

Like Warlock Kush said... there are no lighting effects coming from the board's LED leads, although you can add your own lighting driver.

As to the adjustable parameters via the GUI... sorry we didn't have time to show more of that, but we also figured that a 20+ minute video was not feasible (especially for youtube).  Not to mention... there's WORK to be done, heheh!!  Smiley

But the software to control things is downloadable right here @ Ultrasabers.  I believe you CAN play with it right now, even without an Obsidian board... and like we mentioned in the video, you can press "F1" to get some really nice help on how each parameter functions.

Later, we may have time to do a video capture/screen capture thing of the entire process in detail... but for now, it's really not the highest priority.  Really!  Not kidding!!  Tongue

Creator of the "BALANCE OF POWER" live staged-combat shows
Licensed & experienced sabre fencing instructor
Sound font engineer for "Crystal Focus" & Obsidian
Creator of the NSCFCDs (CF Sound CDs)
Co-Founder of Golden Gate Knights (SF)
Co-Creator of NCSCS (Nova & Caine's Saber Combat System)

Warlock Umbra
Knight Commander

Dark Wizard of the Sith

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 10:09:26 PM »

Hey, it's all good Master Novastar! We understand!  Smiley

Heck, with all the awesome stuff going on, I think everyone has plenty to think about!  Cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: