Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59   Go Down
Author Topic: The Orange Outcasts...  (Read 284603 times)
DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #840 on: January 25, 2021, 11:45:04 AM »

My first blade.  I have to say, Fire Orange really lives up to its name

True enough, looking good, I'd almost feel worry about leaving it on wood or laminent looking like it'll burn the whole house down... picture looks true to the name.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #841 on: January 31, 2021, 10:56:48 PM »

My color disc Orange variant: Using 2 orange and one purple color discs.
Heavy Grade Blade (HG)

VS Ultra Edge Heavy Grade Blade (UEHG)

Sadly the color doesn't truly get done justice with this camera but the richness of it can be seen better on the backdrop than the blade itself. It's less washed out looking or varied in brightness along the blade IRL.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #842 on: February 01, 2021, 01:10:07 AM »

Heavy Grade Blade (HG)

Sadly the color doesn't truly get done justice with this camera but the richness of it can be seen better on the backdrop than the blade itself. It's less washed out looking or varied in brightness along the blade IRL.

That is the sad thing about pictures, Orange rarely shows up correctly. Still, this looks like a beautiful, warm orange.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

TheCharlax
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 8

« Reply #843 on: February 01, 2021, 01:11:33 AM »

Heavy Grade Blade (HG)

Wow, I'm always paranoid that color disks will jeopardize the light intensity, but that blade is still pretty bright!

"Light and Dark are not paths: merely directions."

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #844 on: February 01, 2021, 02:21:41 AM »

Wow, I'm always paranoid that color disks will jeopardize the light intensity, but that blade is still pretty bright!

Yeah, I'm lucky I got 2 sets with my AS saberstaff to play around with several combos and various shades. I've been told the brightness is quite dependent on disc colors used and attempted color to create. The amounts of white light being filtered out overall. But orange looks amazing to my eye and the one I use/showed has a rich burnt orange look to my eyes. The 2 orange discs and 1 purple don't diminish the brightness really and it's quickly become a favorite. If anything the UE blade seems slightly less rich with different ones, but the fullness of the color throughout the blade is nice with most attempted colors. I'm happy it works out so well, but I'd really not be as happy with the results from a single color disc in honesty... I'd call 2 sets of discs a bare minimum to be able to double up and blend colors in preferable ways IMO. They're relatively cheap so I feel it's worth it.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #845 on: February 01, 2021, 10:45:02 PM »

Nice. If that was from the Lee filter book, do you remember which shades exactly you used? Its a really nice looking orange color for sure, kinda reminds me of the TFUII orange blade you get later on =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #846 on: February 02, 2021, 12:51:43 AM »

Nice. If that was from the Lee filter book, do you remember which shades exactly you used? Its a really nice looking orange color for sure, kinda reminds me of the TFUII orange blade you get later on =]

Oh, no it's not (since I'm guessing you're referring to my pictures?) I really want one of those filter books to play around with though... It's the good ole US Color Discs for my photos. I layered 3 discs. 2 Orange and 1 Purple. I enjoyed having it glowing in the background while playing JtFO since it matches the "premium content" pre-order bonus blade color in game (or close enough) that I think is just free DLC at this point from the updates... I used it a bit before playing/purchasing the game so it was an added bonus of IRL content I suppose. It's been so long since I played TFU on my wii (or some such) that some of those memories have faded a bit... I really need to replay those two games. I've always liked orange lightsaber blades because IMO they were almost Sith without being that full red, since they are so close in the color spectrum. Going all the way back to my KOTOR days that was always my improvised solution if there weren't enough red crystals to go around. Oh the good old days "sorry apprentices, we don't have enough crystals on hand to let everyone have properly Sith-like lightsabers, fear not we shall soon run across some of our brethren and slaughter them thus looting their corpses in hopes of finding more. Or perhaps go dungeon crawling through some tomb/base in search of a lucky chest/loot crate." Oh man, improvised solutions to playing the role of a "proper" Sith. Made me really dig the orange blades eventually, "red blade for you, red blade for you, oh you... you're not Dark Side enough yet, and a little annoying; sorry you get orange till you straighten up your act, fight harder out there and stop wasting my healing items dying!" Good times, fun with orange blades that looked great sailing through the air in combat!

Sithy
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -5

« Reply #847 on: March 02, 2021, 08:57:24 PM »

Garden’s overgrown, So Fire Orange sabers, Light the grass 'til shorn.

(featuring Emperor’s Hand and Dominix LE v4)

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #848 on: March 02, 2021, 10:03:03 PM »

Very nice photo Sithy.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #849 on: March 02, 2021, 11:10:35 PM »

Nice. Green av switch is kinda odd color choice for an orange blade though, that's just me though Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #850 on: March 03, 2021, 02:38:21 AM »

Very nice sabers Sithy. I would love to have an EH in FO.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #851 on: March 03, 2021, 12:35:57 PM »

Heavy Grade Blade (HG)

That's a really nice shade of orange, the heavy grade blade goes well with it

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #852 on: March 03, 2021, 01:44:20 PM »

That's a really nice shade of orange, the heavy grade blade goes well with it

I feel like I need an Iphone1Million equivalent of tech or model number to match the real life colors that my eye perceives. Or to adequately represent the color with a balance of the light output. I'm unsure how to truly accomplish it, but sometimes these blades have such a radiant and rich sheen, that a photo doesn't do it proper justice. Like taking a picture at sunrise or sunset yet it's nothing compared to what's seen standing there... It must be a failure of proper equipment or something, I simply don't know.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #853 on: June 25, 2021, 06:06:25 PM »

I now have both orange blade colors =]

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #854 on: June 30, 2021, 05:31:52 AM »

I now have both orange blade colors =]

NICE! I would love to have me a PO saber. I'm not in a position to buy another saber at the moment though.

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: