Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Blade effects?  (Read 5966 times)
Nightstorm
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

Do you have a problem with purple?

« on: June 11, 2011, 12:28:17 AM »

Wow...this is a very exciting time.  I see lots and lots of potential for happy folks out there  Cheesy

It was really hard to tell in the video, and I didn't see/hear this mentioned.  Are there any kind of pulsing/flicker effects applied to the main LED from this board?  Normal use, clash effects ect.

Also, I understand it will be using Nova's fonts, will it use multiple swings and clash sounds, and if so, are they set up in a randomized manner?

Thank you!

Caine
Disgraced
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -129

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 12:29:53 AM »

Wow...this is a very exciting time.  I see lots and lots of potential for happy folks out there  Cheesy

It was really hard to tell in the video, and I didn't see/hear this mentioned.  Are there any kind of pulsing/flicker effects applied to the main LED from this board?  Normal use, clash effects ect.

Also, I understand it will be using Nova's fonts, will it use multiple swings and clash sounds, and if so, are they set up in a randomized manner?

Thank you!

Nightstorm! Good to see you, bro!

Ant no sir...because the LED is direct driven, there is no flicker, unless you are running off a separate driver.

Nightstorm
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 12:31:00 AM »

Hi ya Caine!  Thanks for the fast reply Smiley

And thanks for the info  Cheesy

Nightstorm
Force Sensitive

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 12:55:38 AM »

Another question then.  Give the TCSS $50 constant current board along with a clash sensor could drive the LED effects, would it be possible to have one of those installed on a saber purchaced from the site?  That is, say I wanted one of the new high end Counselur sabers, Obsidian board, blue blinking AV, nickel plating the works...could I also get a TCSS LED driver and a clash sensor installed?  For the extra cost of course.

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 01:04:20 AM »

Another question then.  Give the TCSS $50 constant current board along with a clash sensor could drive the LED effects, would it be possible to have one of those installed on a saber purchaced from the site?  That is, say I wanted one of the new high end Counselur sabers, Obsidian board, blue blinking AV, nickel plating the works...could I also get a TCSS LED driver and a clash sensor installed?  For the extra cost of course.

Yes, you would be able to get this done through our Custom Saber Operations.  There will be an announcement when that division is up and running.

Nightstorm
Force Sensitive

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2011, 01:53:32 AM »

Cool.  Thank you for the info.

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2011, 04:39:11 PM »

Yes, you would be able to get this done through our Custom Saber Operations.  There will be an announcement when that division is up and running.

This is Great News to Hear Indeed  Grin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've come to enjoy the pulsating flickr in my lightsabers that have them  Cheesy , I'll be sure to take advantage of this customization  Wink

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

Warlock Umbra
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -126

Dark Wizard of the Sith

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2011, 05:17:00 PM »

This is Great News to Hear Indeed  Grin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've come to enjoy the pulsating flickr in my lightsabers that have them  Cheesy , I'll be sure to take advantage of this customization  Wink

I know! I don't need blade effects, but I was wanting flicker on my Luke V2. Ahh, another part to add to the list!  Tongue

"Malificent"--Dark Shock w/Sith sound__Blazing Red
"Carnage"--SS ed. RGB Raven
"Dominator"--Bane w/Obsidian__Pyrestone Orange/Dark Violet

Hayze
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2011, 05:19:40 AM »

Hey guys,

new to the saber building world. just had a question which warlock pretty much asked.

if i wanted to have the flickering effects with a driver from tcss, i would have to run batt pack-->sound board-->driver-->LED?

Does the driver require a seperate button for the effects? or would the clash sensor almost match up with the digital sensor of the obsidian sound board?

Caine
Disgraced
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -129

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2011, 06:11:40 AM »

Nightstorm=Uber cool saber collector.

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2011, 07:34:06 AM »

I know! I don't need blade effects, but I was wanting flicker on my Luke V2. Ahh, another part to add to the list!  Tongue

It never ends my Dark Brother Wink, it never ever ends lol  Wink, and WE LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Grin

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

The_Night
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -38

"If it's not fun, you're not doing it right"

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2011, 09:43:14 AM »

if you're looking for a good flicker i'd steer away from the TCSS contsant driver. i got one for the blade effects, but the "static shimmer" wasn't even noticeable (granted i wasn't using a corbin style blade). the ramp on and off was alright but wasn't very well synced (using MR vader board) and the clash flash wasnt for me. if you want the clash flash (just off and on, similiar to the econo boards) it's alright, still wouldn't pay 50 bucks for another one. 

Vintage Graflex ANH
Vintage Graflex ESB
Custom Hero LS6- PCU
JQ Quinlan Vos- PCU
MR Maul Staff- P4 Reds
MR Vader ESB FX
UFX Vader ANH- Lux3 Red
Larbel Obi TPM- CF v5.1
Parks Obi ANH

Warlock Umbra
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -126

Dark Wizard of the Sith

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2011, 03:28:14 PM »

It never ends my Dark Brother Wink, it never ever ends lol  Wink, and WE LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Grin

So true, Brother, so true!!  Grin

if you're looking for a good flicker i'd steer away from the TCSS contsant driver. i got one for the blade effects, but the "static shimmer" wasn't even noticeable (granted i wasn't using a corbin style blade). the ramp on and off was alright but wasn't very well synced (using MR vader board) and the clash flash wasnt for me. if you want the clash flash (just off and on, similiar to the econo boards) it's alright, still wouldn't pay 50 bucks for another one. 

Yeah, I'm thinking about just skipping blade effects. I figure after getting it built I'll know it pretty intimately, so I can always add to it later.

"Malificent"--Dark Shock w/Sith sound__Blazing Red
"Carnage"--SS ed. RGB Raven
"Dominator"--Bane w/Obsidian__Pyrestone Orange/Dark Violet

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: