Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: The Aligo Ignited (Pic Heavy)  (Read 2225 times)
DarthCooper88
11th Disciple of Masamune
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -248

Old-world crafstman, Sabersmith

« on: August 05, 2013, 04:07:19 PM »

This is a saber that I got my hands on a couple of months ago in trade for some machine work and powder-coating from Keil Edge. It came mostly finished and sat on my bench really wanting to become something cool. I was contacted my Mre1207 about a month ago in regards to having me build a good spinning saber that was around 11- 12" , possibly MHS, brass shroud, shiny, with leather. I did a sketch and presented my ideas in blueprint form based on this Aglio. This is a very well machined saber being one piece with separate emmiter and pommel. I lathed down the main hilt, reworked the pommel to have a six-shooter look for sound-venting, made a 3" x .70" x 1/4" tall control box to house 3 5mm x 1mm SMD RGB leds . I also used clear casting acrylic for light dispersion and a smooth look. from there I polished the pieces to mirror, and had my Powder-coat guy cover it in a coat of Smokey Chrome. I also made the blade retention knob from brass billet.
Specs; Igniter R4 with Tru-color,  7.4 volt 18500 battery solution and 2.1mm RC port. The shroud was a bit tricky in that the saber OD was smaller than MHS, I ended up splitting the shroud to decrease OD, used 2 4-40 countersinks to secure it to main hilt and hid the seam with the 3" control box. This was a fun project and thanks aagin to Mre1207 for being open to design ideas.
Main Led; Lucien Caine's X4 rB,GG,r with the 2 greens wired in parallel mounted in one his heat-sink led combos, he also supplied the brass covertec.
Rail; Owen Lar's  Igniter disc/tray combo. with 1 TCSS acrylic disc.
Speaker; Vector 2 watt Heavy bass speaker.
Finish; Smokey-Chrome powder-coating over mirror polished aluminum.
Hilt Wrap; Black, sanded sea-ray skin applied with baseball stitch.
Fonts; #1 Electrum by Sunrider. #2 Dagobah by Lord-Blako. #3 Revenge by Madcow #4 501 Commander, stock Igniter font. #5 Podracing, stock Igniter font. #6 Transfom by Link.
Thanks for looking guys, Video soon to follow (another new camera to learn yay)

"You have been forged in fire, tempered in blood & come out steel" Brave Rifles! 3rd Armored Cavalr

srams
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 375

Speak softly and carry a big saber...

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 04:50:47 PM »

Wow! This as well as all your sabers is magnificent! I so wish I could do what you do!

"I will always oppose the Darkness, but I will never hesitate to defend myself from the Light..."

"I looked my demons in the eye and said, do your best to destroy me. See, I've been to hell and back so many times I must admit you kind of bore me."

Deadcow
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -53

Dark side points

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 04:52:13 PM »

Point for you my friend!

Dark side points please

Aurentis
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 31

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 06:19:54 PM »

Coop, that thing is GORGEOUS.  Seriously beautiful.  Sleek, elegant, and with just enough flavor to make it really stand out, but not in a garish sort of "look at me" way.

Dang, now I want one.  Tongue

Emotion, yet peace.

Crimson Reaper: SRD
Shock LE Staff: DVA/AS
Aeon v3: CG [Stunt]

Darth Kitsune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -236

There is no Peace, there is only Passion...

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 10:14:11 PM »

Another priceless, beautiful saber Cooper.

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 07:50:44 PM »

You did it again, DC! That's my fave so far due to that emitter... drool

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Ninja-Jedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 168

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2013, 09:07:22 PM »

The brass shroud and control box look great, and I love the beefed up emitter.  Even with those great features I find myself more drawn to the pommel design very interesting I would like to see a bottom pic or vid if ya get the time. Nice work

DarthCooper88
11th Disciple of Masamune
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -248

Old-world crafstman, Sabersmith

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2013, 10:43:13 AM »

The brass shroud and control box look great, and I love the beefed up emitter.  Even with those great features I find myself more drawn to the pommel design very interesting I would like to see a bottom pic or vid if ya get the time. Nice work

Thanks guys here is the vid
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt4OLsTINK4" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt4OLsTINK4</a>

"You have been forged in fire, tempered in blood & come out steel" Brave Rifles! 3rd Armored Cavalr

Ninja-Jedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 168

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2013, 05:32:26 PM »

nice vid just what I wanted to see and I really liked the pommel

chicago.jedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 287

Light side points please

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2013, 01:00:53 AM »

Coop,
    That is a work of art. I don't know where to begin. Disney needs to hire you to make sabers for the new films.

Well done. Well done.

srams
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 375

Speak softly and carry a big saber...

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2013, 04:55:41 AM »

Coop,
    That is a work of art. I don't know where to begin. Disney needs to hire you to make sabers for the new films.

Well done. Well done.

Second. Your work needs to be seen by the whole world.

"I will always oppose the Darkness, but I will never hesitate to defend myself from the Light..."

"I looked my demons in the eye and said, do your best to destroy me. See, I've been to hell and back so many times I must admit you kind of bore me."

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: