Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Gladiator up-graded  (Read 1751 times)
DarthCooper88
11th Disciple of Masamune
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -248

Old-world crafstman, Sabersmith

« on: August 16, 2013, 12:50:58 AM »

This is a saber that I got my hands on trade for some odd-ball saber work, It is a Gladiator that came to me as an empty hilt. After looking at it, and looking at it, and looking at it, I decided at my 1st attempt at creating a Knights of The Old Rebublic Sith hilt out of it. I starting thinking exotic metals...claws,talons, fangs !!!! I used a bronze bushing 3- 3" pieces of 3/8 copper billet and some soldering to create the exchangable front emmiter. The Crystal chamber is a 3-d printed version as shown in the CC thread. All that I'm waiting for now is the sound-board ..enjoy! Grin

« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 01:00:36 AM by DarthCooper88 » Logged

"You have been forged in fire, tempered in blood & come out steel" Brave Rifles! 3rd Armored Cavalr

MikeStar007
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -5

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 11:09:20 PM »

Pretty Awesome!!!

Ninja-Jedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 168

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 04:40:32 PM »

thats awesome Cooper is it heavy with the claws. I know copper can be heavy. The leather wrap looks killer and is definetely an eye catcher

DarthCooper88
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 10:28:42 PM »

thats awesome Cooper is it heavy with the claws. I know copper can be heavy. The leather wrap looks killer and is definetely an eye catcher
Yes the claws and control box did throw some weight on it (with the battery and electronics the balance point sits in the center without a blade)  Also I milled out a big section of the center of each claw to inset into the bronze piece so they wouldnt stick out from the hilt as far, and make a stronger soldered joint which holds them on. I also made 2 holes that I later decided against on the bronze section..I used an inset tool and installed 2- 6mm glass tiger-eye stones with clear acrylic, they will blade match when the saber is running. I'm seriously considering gloss black powder coat with a couple of silver bands left for accent.
Thanks Guys!

"You have been forged in fire, tempered in blood & come out steel" Brave Rifles! 3rd Armored Cavalr

Darth Kitsune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -236

There is no Peace, there is only Passion...

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2013, 10:31:44 PM »

You just keep spitting out these beautiful originals and reworks. It hurts my insides, in that warm fuzzy way.

DarthCooper88
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2013, 11:47:11 PM »

You just keep spitting out these beautiful originals and reworks. It hurts my insides, in that warm fuzzy way.
Thanks!, This is one of eight that are in various stages of completion (2 of the 8 are mine) the rest are other Smith's hilts that are here for upgrades, customization and electronic installs (yes the plate is full for a couple of months!) Grin

Darth Kitsune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -236

There is no Peace, there is only Passion...

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2013, 01:25:09 AM »

Hehheh, I look forward to seeing your work as usual in that case.

srams
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 375

Speak softly and carry a big saber...

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2013, 03:39:12 AM »

By the Force! That's ... words fail me. Your work only get better and better. I only wish I could do what you do. You are a true inspiration. Your work is true art.

"I will always oppose the Darkness, but I will never hesitate to defend myself from the Light..."

"I looked my demons in the eye and said, do your best to destroy me. See, I've been to hell and back so many times I must admit you kind of bore me."

DarthCooper88
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2013, 11:07:40 AM »

Thanks guys!
I am calling this one "Cardinal Fang" After one of my favorite Python characters from "The Spanish Inquisition"

Ninja-Jedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 168

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2013, 04:03:26 PM »

Just checked back on this simply stunning the black really looks great with wrap

spectresabre
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 41

The Hash Slinging Slasher

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2013, 10:20:12 PM »

That is really something. It's incredible.

The Laser Realm is the only side I stand by. Not light or dark.. Just Lasers.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: