Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21   Go Down
Author Topic: Li-Ion Battery Setup HIGHLY RECOMMENDED (Please Read Me)  (Read 330032 times)
Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #285 on: May 19, 2020, 03:57:33 PM »

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere. I've ordered an Apprentice LE v5 with Lite Sound, so the Li option wasn't available. However, taking into account the recommendations, is it possible to use these rechargeable Li AAA batteries (Amazon link tinyurld due to size: https://tinyurl.com/ydhchqte) in the 4xAAA battery holder and does anyone have any experience as to whether this is noticeably superior to NiMH rechargeables?

Specs look good, I don't think that should be a problem. Let's see what others think, though, since I don't have experience with regular stunt or Obsidian Lite setups that have the 4xAAA power sources.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 181

« Reply #286 on: May 19, 2020, 11:19:01 PM »

As long as the volts are the same you should be good.  However, the most recommended battery for AAA (or AA) here is the Eneloop Pro.  These will not only work but will last longer on a charge (higher mAh).
Eneloop Pro AAA batteries

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #287 on: May 20, 2020, 12:49:05 PM »

Just as mentioned, if you're using rechargeable batteries, the Panasonic Eneloops are what I've been using for years.

matth431
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #288 on: May 20, 2020, 03:53:41 PM »

Thanks everyone, I'll go with the Eneloop Pros.

Yglwek
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #289 on: June 12, 2020, 01:31:53 AM »

That's a case for Marlena. Contact her at marlena@ultrasabers.com, and include your oder no., order date and of course the problem. It's a warranty case, so she'll probably handle that without any costs for you (except shipping). But wait for her definite answer on how to deal with this.
Hello. Ive had the same issue. Opened my 200$ mystery box and saber had sound but no colour. Opened it up and the battery pack was smoke. I just tried using that email. But it said it wasn't working.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #290 on: June 12, 2020, 02:28:46 AM »

Hello. Ive had the same issue. Opened my 200$ mystery box and saber had sound but no colour. Opened it up and the battery pack was smoke. I just tried using that email. But it said it wasn't working.

Nope, that email address won’t work any more.  The only one to use these days is info@UltraSabers.com.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Gryphawoo
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #291 on: June 26, 2020, 05:14:15 PM »

Im curious how long does a li-ion charge last with a stunt saber vs the standard setup

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #292 on: July 11, 2020, 01:12:03 PM »

The sabers I've ordered are the Li-Ion setup with charging port.  Once they've arrived and i test them out, they'll be stashed at my parents' house because they're going to be Christmas gifts.  Someone had told me it would be a good idea to charge them up a day or two before so that they're ready to go, but I'm assuming it would be a good idea to remove the batteries completely before I store them so that they won't leak in storage over the next several months.  What I'm worried about is if removing the batteries will mess with the charging port setup, and if so, what's the better option?

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #293 on: July 11, 2020, 01:17:49 PM »

Removing the batteries doesn't affect the Recharge Port setup. If you want to mess with the wires as least as possible, I recommend leaving the batteries in there and charging them via the port. I haven't heard of a leaked Li-Ion battery yet, although there's always a risk.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #294 on: July 11, 2020, 01:23:18 PM »

Removing the batteries doesn't affect the Recharge Port setup. If you want to mess with the wires as least as possible, I recommend leaving the batteries in there and charging them via the port. I haven't heard of a leaked Li-Ion battery yet, although there's always a risk.

Oh yeah, once i dole the sabers out, we'll be using the recharge port, but i've heard that there's a slow but gradual drain on the batteries when they're not in use, and that it was recommended to charge them up at least once a week because if Li-Ion batteries completely drain, they're useless at that point.   Removing them before storage will prevent the drain, but i didn't know if it would mess up the port setup.

Thank you very much for the help and have a point!   Grin

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #295 on: July 12, 2020, 12:43:50 AM »

Oh yeah, once i dole the sabers out, we'll be using the recharge port, but i've heard that there's a slow but gradual drain on the batteries when they're not in use, and that it was recommended to charge them up at least once a week because if Li-Ion batteries completely drain, they're useless at that point.   Removing them before storage will prevent the drain, but i didn't know if it would mess up the port setup.

Thank you very much for the help and have a point!   Grin

It also works just to plug them into the recharge port when they aren't in use and leave it. There's no need to take the batteries out once a week if they're plugged in all the time when not in use. That's what I do with mine, and my oldest with a recharge port is 5+ years old and I've had no issues at all with the batteries.

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #296 on: July 12, 2020, 12:55:44 AM »

It also works just to plug them into the recharge port when they aren't in use and leave it. There's no need to take the batteries out once a week if they're plugged in all the time when not in use. That's what I do with mine, and my oldest with a recharge port is 5+ years old and I've had no issues at all with the batteries.

Right, and once Christmas comes by and I give them to my kids, we're going to leave the batteries in there for good and just use the chargers all the time; each of the kids is getting his own.  I just don't want to leave them plugged in at my parents' for the 5 months they'll be stowed away before then.  My dad won't be too happy if I hijack his electric bill, LOL.  So I'll just store the batteries separately for that time, put them back in a couple of days before Christmas and use the chargers to make sure they're ready.  Got it all planned out.   Cool

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

Adapt.Improvise and Overcome

« Reply #297 on: July 12, 2020, 01:07:46 AM »

Right, and once Christmas comes by and I give them to my kids, we're going to leave the batteries in there for good and just use the chargers all the time; each of the kids is getting his own.  I just don't want to leave them plugged in at my parents' for the 5 months they'll be stowed away before then.  My dad won't be too happy if I hijack his electric bill, LOL.  So I'll just store the batteries separately for that time, put them back in a couple of days before Christmas and use the chargers to make sure they're ready.  Got it all planned out.   Cool

Sounds good but may i suggest you test them in saber before wrapping

( Light points when earned )

Various fan art and fiction
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=12.0

Own
 Dark Sentinel staff LE v4 - tri red

Wish list
Arbiter staff - blazing red-sound
Phantasm LE V4 staff - AS blade - stunt
Raven in staff setup - color ?? - stunt

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #298 on: July 12, 2020, 01:23:05 AM »

Sounds good but may i suggest you test them in saber before wrapping

I'm not sure how I'll wrap them, but when they arrive I'm going to check all 9 of them out to make sure there are no issues; all the sound fonts work in the 5 main sabers, no manufacturer defects, no problems whatsoever.

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

Adapt.Improvise and Overcome

« Reply #299 on: July 12, 2020, 01:27:48 AM »

remove the blades, with all the hectic events going on during present opening, people around close . might be safer at that point then dad can install and take them out side

( Light points when earned )

Various fan art and fiction
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=12.0

Own
 Dark Sentinel staff LE v4 - tri red

Wish list
Arbiter staff - blazing red-sound
Phantasm LE V4 staff - AS blade - stunt
Raven in staff setup - color ?? - stunt

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: