Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
Author Topic: The two worst Jedi Knights in the History of Star Wars  (Read 56802 times)
darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2011, 05:01:14 AM »

yeah i always loved kit fisto and when i saw him die this fast i was so mad. i always thought this whole scene was stupid

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2011, 08:46:25 AM »

Powerful Sith Lord, yeah, yeah... the dude straight up STABBED those fools!

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2011, 12:29:11 PM »

@Wraith - Hello Kitty Vader always cracks me up hahaha.  What a classic outfit.

I never like to talk about this scene... it's so badly done it makes me just shake my head in frustration.  With all the special effects Lucas OVERUSED in the prequels, you'd think they could at least make it seem like Sidious is moving faster than that... or something.  I agree with Warlock, a scene with Palps taking on four Jedi and slowly killing them one by one would have been so friggin awesome.

At least in the novelization (which, by the way, was MUCH better than the movie) it almost makes sense.  In that he shoots forward in a flash and suddenly Tiin's head is rolling across the floor... it makes for a much more threatening villain than Ian McDiarmid hopping around making stupid faces (no offense to Ian McDiarmid, I loved him as the Emperor for the most part - especially in ROTJ).

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2011, 04:02:43 PM »

yeah i always loved kit fisto and when i saw him die this fast i was so mad. i always thought this whole scene was stupid

I plan on adding the Kit Fisto FX Saber (when it comes out) to my collection, and Dubbing It: "The Smiling Death" (Because It Was Said That Kit Fisto Met His Demise With A Smile On His Face Wink, (You Have To Respect That  Grin))

@ to Master Attoru:

(You Got To Love/Hate "Hello Kitty Vader"  Grin)

I'll have to sit down and read the book one of these days, your description of that scene from the book is so much more Awesome!!!!!!!  than what we saw in the movie.......  Undecided

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2011, 04:04:30 PM »

I'll have to sit down and read the book one of these days, your description of that scene from the book is so much more Awesome!!!!!!!  than what we saw in the movie.......  Undecided

Do it man, I highly recommend it.  Fleshed out a lot of characters that were completely ruined in the movies - Count Dooku, Anakin, etc.  Great descriptions of the thoughts going through the characters' heads, not to mention the fight scenes.  Two thumbs up from me.

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2011, 04:17:49 PM »

Do it man, I highly recommend it.  Fleshed out a lot of characters that were completely ruined in the movies - Count Dooku, Anakin, etc.  Great descriptions of the thoughts going through the characters' heads, not to mention the fight scenes.  Two thumbs up from me.

Just Out of Curiosity My Brother...... do you remember what the book said about the thoughts that were going through Lord Tyranus's Head directly prior to him being beheaded.......

(I have always wondered, if he had Hatred towards Sidious (for Sidious casting him aside so easily and without care) (Which I Would Guess Were His Thoughts During These Final Moments), or..... did he see himself as some kind of willing sacrificial lamb, preparing the way for "The Chosen One" (Whom Sidious (and possibly Tyranus(I say possibly, because I am not sure what Sidious told him regarding Anakin and his thoughts and prophecies on him)) could have thought that he was the prophicized "Sith'ari")

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2011, 04:29:19 PM »

Just Out of Curiosity My Brother...... do you remember what the book said about the thoughts that were going through Lord Tyranus's Head directly prior to him being beheaded.......

(I have always wondered, if he had Hatred towards Sidious (for Sidious casting him aside so easily and without care) (Which I Would Guess Were His Thoughts During These Final Moments), or..... did he see himself as some kind of willing sacrificial lamb, preparing the way for "The Chosen One" (Whom Sidious (and possibly Tyranus(I say possibly, because I am not sure what Sidious told him regarding Anakin and his thoughts and prophecies on him)) could have thought that he was the prophicized "Sith'ari")

I couldn't quote exactly, but I distinctly remember a sense of shock and fear.  The plan in the book was to kill Kenobi and have Anakin take Dooku into custody - naturally when Sidious gives the command to kill him, Dooku pretty much crapped his pants lol.  I don't recall any hatred, but in my opinion there was no time - only enough time for the shock and terror to wash over him before his head went rolling...

Your second theory is interesting, but considering the typical Way of the Sith - regarding ones self over all others - it seems unlikely.  I suppose some Sith are an exception to this rule, but Dooku was not.  He greatly enjoyed the power the Dark Side gave him, and while he obeyed Sidious loyally I don't think he would have given his life for Sidious's bigger plan.  Just my opinion tho.

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2011, 04:48:00 PM »

I couldn't quote exactly, but I distinctly remember a sense of shock and fear.  The plan in the book was to kill Kenobi and have Anakin take Dooku into custody - naturally when Sidious gives the command to kill him, Dooku pretty much crapped his pants lol.  I don't recall any hatred, but in my opinion there was no time - only enough time for the shock and terror to wash over him before his head went rolling...

Your second theory is interesting, but considering the typical Way of the Sith - regarding ones self over all others - it seems unlikely.  I suppose some Sith are an exception to this rule, but Dooku was not.  He greatly enjoyed the power the Dark Side gave him, and while he obeyed Sidious loyally I don't think he would have given his life for Sidious's bigger plan.  Just my opinion tho.

Your Probably Very Right Wink, Me Being A "Grey Sith" I Tend To Think of More Than Just Myself, and More of "The Bigger Picture" , but I have to remind myself that this is not the norm, among the majority of the Sith.....

Lord Sidious:

"Kill Him..... Kill Him Now......"

Anakin:

"I shouldn't......"

Lord Sidious:

"DO IT!!!!!!"

Lord Tyranus:

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (All Internal Of Course Wink )

Ghost
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -23

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2011, 07:15:14 AM »

Awesome.

Through Victory my chains are broken...

Darth Caugnien
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -36

Tamer of the Beast!!!

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2011, 07:01:31 PM »

Hey! I happen to have the novelization sitting right here! And I quote:

"As he looks up into the eyes of Anakin Skywalker for the final time, Count Dooku knows that he has been deceived not just today but for many, many years. That he has never been the true apprentice. That he has never been the heir to the power of the Sith. He has been only a tool.
His whole life- all his victories, all his struggles, all his heritage, all his principles and his sacrifices, everything he's done, everything he owns, everything he's been, all his dreams and grand vision for the future Empire and the Army of Sith- have only been a pathetic sham, because all of them, all of him, add up only to this.
He has existed only for this.
This.
To be the victim of Anakin Skywalker's first cold-blooded murder.
First, but not, he knows, the last.
Then the blades crossed at his throat uncross like scissors.
Snip.
And all of him becomes nothing at all."

Powerful stuff, eh? I hope that answers your questions about Dooku. I loved this book so much I wrote a book report on it for high school! I highly suggest picking it up!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 07:04:35 PM by Padawan Valon » Logged

My US sabers: RGB Bane W/Obsidian
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=2170.0

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2011, 01:25:26 AM »

Hey! I happen to have the novelization sitting right here! And I quote:

"As he looks up into the eyes of Anakin Skywalker for the final time, Count Dooku knows that he has been deceived not just today but for many, many years. That he has never been the true apprentice. That he has never been the heir to the power of the Sith. He has been only a tool.
His whole life- all his victories, all his struggles, all his heritage, all his principles and his sacrifices, everything he's done, everything he owns, everything he's been, all his dreams and grand vision for the future Empire and the Army of Sith- have only been a pathetic sham, because all of them, all of him, add up only to this.
He has existed only for this.
This.
To be the victim of Anakin Skywalker's first cold-blooded murder.
First, but not, he knows, the last.
Then the blades crossed at his throat uncross like scissors.
Snip.
And all of him becomes nothing at all."

Powerful stuff, eh? I hope that answers your questions about Dooku. I loved this book so much I wrote a book report on it for high school! I highly suggest picking it up!

Thank You For Writing This Out Here Wink  I Truly Appreciate It!!!!!!  Grin

Makes you feel kind of bad for Dooku doesn't it  Undecided........ 

In the end, he became merely a foot stone on the path to the Dark Side for Anakin Skywalker.....

He Deserved More..............

Darth Caugnien
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -36

Tamer of the Beast!!!

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2011, 02:07:20 AM »

Hey no problem man! Wink
And yea, you do sort of feel bad for him after that scene, but... Stover does a good job making him seem like a real arrogant D-Bag before, so.... it all evens out! lol

My US sabers: RGB Bane W/Obsidian
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=2170.0

JediMouseketeer
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 5

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2011, 07:29:00 PM »

Powerful Sith Lord, yeah, yeah... the dude straight up STABBED those fools!

This is true and it is upsetting that they couldn't have choreographed a better fight scene... a la Bruce Lee's "Fists of Fury."

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBz99aAo034" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBz99aAo034</a>
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 07:32:23 PM by JediMouseketeer » Logged

May the Force be with you!

Yega
Dark Sentinel
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -194

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2011, 08:46:17 PM »

I struggle with this scene... I would like to think, "It's a Dark Lord of the Sith......That explains his power...." But when I think about it, that thought could have better described it if he were actually fighting them for a few minutes, and then won.......

So that makes me think....."It must have been a timing issue. They needed to make the fight scene short for time......."
And that makes me think..."That leaves them as two Jedi that suck...."
I do not mind a Jedi that sucks, because I am a Sith, but then I think "Jedi don't suck that bad"
Then I think, "It must have been ONLY a timing issue. The two Jedi don't suck, they just needed time"
Then I think, "Why would they need to cut the time short? I don't see why they would need to do that."
Then that makes me think, "It's a Dark Lord of the Sith.......That explains his power....."
And the thought goes on in a circle.........  Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided

A bunny trail thought in all that..... GL just failed........

So, I don't know what to think, other than we need an explanation from GL......

About Dooku's last thoughts.... I don't feel that bad for him..... I kinda feel like he should have seen that coming....... If he were a true Sith he would have....... Sith always betray, so he should have expected that. It makes me feel like he was stupid..... Darth Maul would have been better........ They should have kept him through episode three instead of Dooku, and then had Anakin Skywalker kill him. It would have been more epic in my opinion....... (I know, Darth Maul survives and all. I just wish he would have stayed as DS's apprentice.)

Then again, there is a VERY small feeling of being sorry for him...... But it fades quickly....

Dark Side points are much appreciated.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2011, 09:12:48 PM »

I struggle with this scene... I would like to think, "It's a Dark Lord of the Sith......That explains his power...." But when I think about it, that thought could have better described it if he were actually fighting them for a few minutes, and then won.......

I agree with you on that point.  I think the scene was done this way to make him seem like a powerhouse, so you really get a feel for his might... I just think it was poorly planned.  Here are two reasons why I don't like this idea:

1.  If you're going to have this guy come barreling out of the gate to wipe out two Jedi Masters instantly, at least make it visually believable.  As it goes you just see Palpatine basically walk up and stab them... I'm sorry but unless he used some kind of "Force paralysis" ability it just seems dumb.  At least if he was a whirlwind of darkness (like a true counterpart to Yoda) you could excuse it.

2.  Once again let me explain my feelings that there is more to these people than their massive power in the Force or lightsaber abilities.  Think about it - why was Yoda great?  Cause he was a beastly powerful Force user?  Or a master duelist?  No, he was great because he was wise beyond measure, and it was exactly this wisdom that allowed him to save the galaxy through Luke.  Similarly, Palpatine didn't need to be a "super-powerful Sith Lord".  His power was in deception and subtlety - he was SMART.  He turned the freakin Jedi Order on its head, and gained absolute control of an unsuspecting government.  This was done through ingenious planning, not super Force powers.  Making him and Yoda the "superpowers" of their respective sides basically trashes this idea, and essentially dumbs down the movie to appeal to the average viewer.  Sorry, but I'm a bit disappointed.

Oh look, I went on another prequel rant.  Sorry bout that Wink

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: