Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: A Liberator V2 Review  (Read 3031 times)
zepik
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 2

« on: January 06, 2011, 01:43:00 AM »

*NOTE: This is a repost from the old forum of a review I did for my first saber, a Blazing Red Liberator V2 with an UltraEdge blade.

Specs:
(new, will add to all my reviews from now on.  check my redemption review for its size)
The Liberator Hilt is approx 11.5 inches long with a outside diameter of about 1.25".  An average 36" blade protrudes 35 inches from the hilt, giving it an overall length of 46.5"

Blade and Colour/Brightness:

This is my first Ultrasaber and I was torn between a couple different colours, finally deciding on red.  When I took it out of the package and fired it up I was pleasantly surprised at the brightness.  With the ultraedge blade the colour does fade a bit outside in the sun or in full bright light, but when the lights go down it looks awesome.  It easily spills menacing red light over a large area, easily lighting an entire room.  Like many others have said, it's next to impossible to photograph what the red actually looks like.  It may look orange but it is very VERY red.  The ultraedge blade lights up evenly throughout.  If I had to pick something to nitpick it would be the end cap for the blade.  It would be nice if it lit up like the blade.  This is a very minor gripe, since it's something you hardly notice.

Hilt
The hilt is very comfortable and has a great sleek design.  The emitter holes are my favorite aspect.  They are very impressive looking.  The blade retention screw is headless and disappears flush into the hilt which is a really nice touch.  It also has a very good balance with the midgrade blade.  The threaded pommel makes it easy to get into the battery compartment, getting the pack out was a little harder.  Once you have something to hook the battery pack with it's easy.  Since I have a red LED saber, it's running off a 2AA pack which had a ton of extra room around it in the hilt.  Out of the box it rattled around pretty good.  I remedied this issue by wrapping a couple thick elastics around the pack.  This helped to fill the gap and make sure the batteries stay put.  The 2 machined grooves in the handle were a little sharp but I was putting some O rings in there anyways.  I had some ideas floating around my head to customize the hilt, but I don't really have any of the materials.  For now I threw some O rings on it (ones on the emitter are a little too big but it was all I had), and wrapped a length of nylon tsuka wrapping from the scabbard of an old katana.  I'm looking forward to getting my hands on some leather strapping to wrap it in instead.  

Overall
Overall I am extremely happy with my Liberator.  As my first Ultrasaber, they showed me that all the praise over their products was well deserved.  Although I have discovered it's impossible to own just one.  I've already put in an order for my next saber, a V2 Prophecy in SRD.  If it's anything like my liberator, it's gonna be amazing.

Incredible job Ultra
9.5/10

Lit saber taken with flash

Lit saber without flash

Picture of the hilt, you can see the headless blade retention screw towards the emitter.

Emitter close-up w/ O rings I added

Battery pack with the elastics I added.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 01:52:51 AM by zepik » Logged

Ultrasabers Liberator V2 - Blazing Red
Ultrasabers Prophecy V2 - Sun Riders Destiny
Ultrasabers Redemption - Guardian Blue
Ultrasabers Dark Liberator - Arctic Blue

Lord_BoOgEyMaN
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -23

The Sith Shall Rise again!

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 01:48:25 AM »

Great review, Cant wait for my Phantom Initiate V2 to show up here tomorrow or Friday

Dark Initiate V2 (2) Blazing red

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: