Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
Author Topic: Emerald Color Settings-- Just for fun!  (Read 116836 times)
Brian64
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

This is a fertile land, and we will thrive

« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2013, 11:34:53 AM »

Before it gets stickied, can Sciggs please clarify if the official and forum colour codes listed in his post are his best guesses/approximations, or if they are actual presets from US as distributed with Emerald sabers?

It's a great post either way, but I know I'm obsessive enough about stuff like this that I'd like to know for sure.

Light side points please

garbonzobean
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2013, 01:45:23 AM »

This is great. Thanks! I had been hoping to find this information. My first purchase was a dark omen with emerald driver and I hoping to use it be able to see all the standard color options in real life. That will make choosing a color for future purchases much easier.

Sciggs
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 121

Neither the dark nor the light, but the grey.

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2013, 02:32:49 AM »

Before it gets stickied, can Sciggs please clarify if the official and forum colour codes listed in his post are his best guesses/approximations, or if they are actual presets from US as distributed with Emerald sabers?

It's a great post either way, but I know I'm obsessive enough about stuff like this that I'd like to know for sure.

These are my best guesses/approximations (though I did do a lot of research, if that helps)

Manticore CG/AB FoC Obsidian Green A/V-- Modified Arabic theme
Dark Shock AB/AS Foc Obsidian Blue A/V
Overlord Obsidian with 4 channel RGBA
Initiate V3 SY/AS Foc Obsidian Red A/V
Initiate V3 BR/AS Foc Obsidian Yellow A/V
Azure Omen Obsidian with 2 channel BG non-lit A/V

Brian64
Knight Commander

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2013, 03:19:58 AM »

Thanks Sciggs. As I said, it's a great post anyway.

I'd just like to see more Emerald Saber owners recording the presents before they begin changing things around.  I think if US were going to provide the reference list for people to use with Emerald, then they would probably have done so by now. Smiley

Light side points please

Sciggs
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2013, 03:43:49 AM »

I'd just like to see more Emerald Saber owners recording the presents before they begin changing things around.  I think if US were going to provide the reference list for people to use with Emerald, then they would probably have done so by now. Smiley

Oh absolutely, don't blame ya.  I honestly just made it 'cause I was bored, and plus more for my own odd list of colors rather than the presets. They're there for light reference more than anything else.

Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 700

« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2013, 05:19:34 AM »

Yeah, that won't happen on our end.  The whole beauty of the Emerald Driver is that our interpretation of Sentinel Yellow or Bane's Heart or Hot Pink or whatever may be different from yours and with this new driver we can all be right and everyone can set the color to look exactly as they envision it.

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

Brian64
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2013, 06:02:40 AM »

Hi Deep, thanks for posting in.

I think the emerald driver gives people unlimited opportunity to tweak the colours so they can have their saber exactly how they like it. But I still think it would be great to be able to set your saber the way it would appear if you ordered that colour instead of something else.

I doubt you ship them with random-ish values each time someone orders an Emerald SY, BH or HP, etc.

Anyway, I think I'm going to have to enlist some help in finding RGB codes for some of the other colours. I think three Emeralds is more than enough for now... depending on what comes out in the future of course.

Light side points please

Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 700

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2013, 06:18:54 AM »

Hi Deep, thanks for posting in.

I think the emerald driver gives people unlimited opportunity to tweak the colours so they can have their saber exactly how they like it. But I still think it would be great to be able to set your saber the way it would appear if you ordered that colour instead of something else.

I doubt you ship them with random-ish values each time someone orders an Emerald SY, BH or HP, etc.

Anyway, I think I'm going to have to enlist some help in finding RGB codes for some of the other colours. I think three Emeralds is more than enough for now... depending on what comes out in the future of course.

The fabricating technician just eyeballs it for any mixed colors.  No values have ever been set internally and never will be.  I think it is cool for you guys to share your settings on the forums though.  That actually exactly how we hoped you guys would come up with your favorite settings.

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

Brian64
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2013, 07:17:15 AM »

Speaking of fun settings.. Has anyone experimented with the colours and timings to create a 'beating heart' effect for their sabre? Maybe a long BR, with a quick transition to a darker red and back again?

Matched with a custom heartbeat sound for the idle, I think it could be quite effective. Especially if you used a different shade of red and faster transition for the lockup - perhaps with a racing heartbeat sound to go with it?  If I were going to create a lightsaber version of Elric's Stormbringer, that's probably how I'd go about it.

Anyone have any other ideas for using pulse & lockup in non-standard ways?

Light side points please

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2013, 07:27:35 AM »

Can you post the Twilight Blue and Blood Red possibly? They both seem interesting and awesome. I'd like to see a natural Blood Red over a Lee filter. The Lime Green looks interesting too same with the Moss.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Brian64
Knight Commander

« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2013, 07:54:15 AM »

They all look great. I tried all of them out the night I got my sabers. Smiley

The other thing I tried (after reading the threads about black sabers) is to bring R & G to 0, and have the blue set really low, like about 7. It looks so dark it almost appears purple.

Okay, I've got my 'heartbeat' settings for anyone interested in tweaking them. Timing is set to 0.1, 0.3, 0.1, 1.0, using R100 and R255.

Light side points please

Sciggs
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2013, 03:39:43 PM »

Can you post the Twilight Blue and Blood Red possibly? They both seem interesting and awesome. I'd like to see a natural Blood Red over a Lee filter. The Lime Green looks interesting too same with the Moss.

You mean pictures right? The thing is, my camera doesn't pick up the subtle differences that an eye can pick up. To my camera, green, light green, moss green, lime green, forest green, etc all look like the same color. I could try to find an approximate corresponding color on paint I suppose?

darth abominor
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -6

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2014, 02:03:30 PM »

As poorly as a cell phone camera is at short range when trying to pickup the variations in colour (in some cases just plain overriding the camera lens), here's a video of the complete Scigg's Colour Codes List.. in order and with all the lost subtle tones that really only can be picked up by the eye, not the camera:

http://youtu.be/3Po0bvGcfto

One thing that seems to help is a look at the white cloth set behind the blade in each pic.  That colour is a bit closer to the true tone which the eye catches.

Sciggs
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2014, 03:50:55 PM »

Looks very nice, better than I could have done. Point!

Brian64
Knight Commander

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2014, 04:47:06 PM »

Appreciate the effort put in to do this. Point.

Light side points please

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: