Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
Author Topic: Forming your own LED Saber Club. Some guidelines.  (Read 63658 times)
ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2011, 05:46:15 AM »

What about a Star Wars LARP group?

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2011, 02:42:31 AM »

Would Love To See This Personally Wink

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2011, 11:44:32 AM »

I second that.  Never LARPed, but a Star Wars version sounds pretty intriguing.

Jobius Rex
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2011, 11:52:43 AM »

LARP can be really fun as long as people think of it as such, I went LARPing a few times with some friends and the first two times were loads of fun. The third time however a lot of people who had been on vacation had gotten back and they just took it way too seriously and completely wrecked the fun factor, never went again after that.

Do not live only in light for you will be blinded by it.
Do not dwell in the darkness for your sight will not pierce it.
Only by embracing both your light and your shadow can you truly see.

Galdor
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2011, 06:00:49 PM »

I didn't notice this mentioned as of yet, but another place to go to try to find other people in the LED Saber Stage Combat community SaberWars is a good place to check.  There are groups in many parts of the U.S. and a few clubs worldwide.  For more information please check out http://www.saberwars.com/forum/index.php

Tengen Toppa Angel X
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 38

Logan Salazar - Tengen Toppa Angel X - Ultra 2

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2011, 06:30:39 AM »

Indeed, it's been 9 years (oh dear lord that really makes me feel old saying that) since I started fencing... I used to fence nationally until college, where I continued it as captain of the foil squad and co-captain of the team.  Now I have returned to my school as assistant coach, and let me tell you it's weird being the one giving lessons!  Very gratifying though, giving back and being able to "pass on what I have learned" as Yoda would say.

Im considering taking fencing either once i get the cash or im out of high school (most likely the latter sadly Sad ) anything i (and anyone else interested) should know?

"Beneath the light....comes judgement!" - Cecil Harvey

Lightside points please

owned sabers:

Prophecy - Consular Green
MR Darth Maul (converted)
MR Luke ROTJ (converted)
ForceFX Luke ESB Black Series
Catalyst - Diamond Controller

padawanjohn
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2011, 11:34:21 AM »

i think a saber flash mob kind of deal would be really cool honestly. Grin
just thought id throw in something ive been thinking about since i got my saber. haha.

Darth Lyssa
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -4

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2011, 05:41:54 AM »

So, perhaps this is more of an issue of ethics, but, hopefully those much more experienced will know what to do.

Where I live, there are dueling groups available. Three, in fact, although only one is truly applicable, as the other two are much too brutal of groups who just want to hit each other until they're black and blue.

The one dueling group is partially under the... control, for lack of a better word, a friend of mine. I was once a part of the group, but due to many reasons, subsequently left. My friend is wanting me to rejoin the group, be retested, and be apart of things again.

However, I... don't really want to join, I rather start my own group. A dozen reasons come to mind, the fact they're on school grounds at 2300 at night being one of them, another that last time I was there, more people were standing around smoking and gabbing. (Including my "master", whom of which was supposed to be teaching me. When asked, she shrugged me off and went back to talking to her boyfriend.) Sure, I get it, social event and all, but when you have more people standing around than participating, even though they're "members", should they really even be there? Anyway. Highschool drama aside, the group isn't very well formed.

Would it be wrong to wish to start my own, even though I am rather untrained? Or, at least, recruit former members? Help?

I sound terribly un-Sith-y, don't I? Add some dark side points, maybe one day I'll sound like a proper Sith?
Grab Bag PVC - Blazing Red
(]___o__|]
(;~; One day, one day I will have a proper saber!)

Caine
Disgraced
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -129

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2011, 06:17:56 AM »

So, perhaps this is more of an issue of ethics, but, hopefully those much more experienced will know what to do.

Where I live, there are dueling groups available. Three, in fact, although only one is truly applicable, as the other two are much too brutal of groups who just want to hit each other until they're black and blue.

The one dueling group is partially under the... control, for lack of a better word, a friend of mine. I was once a part of the group, but due to many reasons, subsequently left. My friend is wanting me to rejoin the group, be retested, and be apart of things again.

However, I... don't really want to join, I rather start my own group. A dozen reasons come to mind, the fact they're on school grounds at 2300 at night being one of them, another that last time I was there, more people were standing around smoking and gabbing. (Including my "master", whom of which was supposed to be teaching me. When asked, she shrugged me off and went back to talking to her boyfriend.) Sure, I get it, social event and all, but when you have more people standing around than participating, even though they're "members", should they really even be there? Anyway. Highschool drama aside, the group isn't very well formed.

Would it be wrong to wish to start my own, even though I am rather untrained? Or, at least, recruit former members? Help?

Sorry you had a bad experience. That group is certainly not for you. If all people want to do is jack around and smoke and goof off, they're NOT a saber group. Period. And as far as being "tested" in being in a group? Unless the group is strictly a performance one, that is a bunch of lame nonsense IMO.

Yes, you have every right to start a group. Just follow the proper steps....acknowledge your inexperience to the members as far as your training goes and that you certainly want to grow and learn as a group. Have no rankings or titles since you are all pretty much peers in the way of skill. Does that mean you can't be a group founder? Of course not. You can and should be. As long as certain things are understood at the outset, then all will be fine.

Darth Lyssa
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -4

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2011, 06:38:33 AM »

Sorry you had a bad experience. That group is certainly not for you. If all people want to do is jack around and smoke and goof off, they're NOT a saber group. Period. And as far as being "tested" in being in a group? Unless the group is strictly a performance one, that is a bunch of lame nonsense IMO.

Yes, you have every right to start a group. Just follow the proper steps....acknowledge your inexperience to the members as far as your training goes and that you certainly want to grow and learn as a group. Have no rankings or titles since you are all pretty much peers in the way of skill. Does that mean you can't be a group founder? Of course not. You can and should be. As long as certain things are understood at the outset, then all will be fine.

I luz you now. If I was near, you would get hugs and cookies now. THANK YOU~! I really needed to hear that.

I sound terribly un-Sith-y, don't I? Add some dark side points, maybe one day I'll sound like a proper Sith?
Grab Bag PVC - Blazing Red
(]___o__|]
(;~; One day, one day I will have a proper saber!)

Tengen Toppa Angel X
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2011, 08:19:46 AM »

I luz you now. If I was near, you would get hugs and cookies now. THANK YOU~! I really needed to hear that.

I fully agree with master caine on that. he hit everything about spot on. and yeah i agree highschool drama can be a b***h sometime

Lightside points please

owned sabers:

MR Luke ROTJ (converted)

Master BStone
Resident Master
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 22

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2011, 06:13:53 PM »

Tengen...if you're looking to fence...my old master teaches at this place...
http://www.fencingacademyofnevada.com/

it might not be far from you.

Tengen Toppa Angel X
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2011, 06:57:31 PM »

Tengen...if you're looking to fence...my old master teaches at this place...
http://www.fencingacademyofnevada.com/

it might not be far from you.

I looked at that place and i thinks its a little far but im not sure how much. and I would but i need to make the money first before i can do it, sadly. I want to, but i have my senior year of high school in a month, then i have graduation, the seniors trip, I HOPEFULLY wanna get a car and my license by the end of next year as I wanna road trip to comic con next summer. itll be hard but i think i can pull it off

Lightside points please

owned sabers:

MR Luke ROTJ (converted)

xenobuzz
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2011, 06:58:04 PM »

Greetings!

I would also like to echo Caine's sentiments.  It sounds like the group you left was not serious, and you are to be commended for your maturity and foresight in realizing that it was not an organized, forward-thinking organization focused on learning and growing.  Hangin' out with buds and kickin' it (or whatever the term is these days) is well and good, but that's NOT what an LED saber club should be about.  You make it clear that you have other goals in mind, and again you are to be commended for that.  As a member of Golden Gate Knights in the SF Bay Area, Novastar is constantly asking us;  "What are your goals, and how do you plan to achieve them?"

I would recommend you order a copy of the NCSCS dvd and begin studying the wealth of information it has to offer.  You may not be a "Master", but you have the desire to learn, and that's a great place to start!

Dave S.

"There is no end, no beginning.  There is only the infinite passion of life." - Federico Fellini

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2011, 08:03:12 PM »

I agree as well. How about you suggest that they, set up a time after practice for refreshments and chat?

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: