Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: First Ultrasaber - Nickel Plated Guardian Emerald with Obsidian.  (Read 15199 times)
Darth Ryga
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -28

The Empire is war made manifest

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2014, 02:04:03 PM »

Great choice and pics/video. Ever since I have seen this in Nickel plate, I've been dying to get this even more. You have made a great choice. Thank you for sharing, and most importantly, enjoy it!

Sabers w/Sound, A/V's, RP's and QD's(Where Applicable):
Reaper,Dark Shock(2),Consular,Manticore,SS Raven,Archon V2.1,Graflex CE,Scorpion,Dark Prophecy V3(2),Dominix LE V3,Chosen One CE,NP Guardian (Emrld),Dominix LE V4,Dark Apprentice V4
Free Promotional Sabers:
Aeon V3,Dark Standard,Aeon V2,Raven,Sentinel V4,Initiate V3,Initiate LE V3

Spike311
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 21

Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2014, 12:18:15 AM »

Knightfall, thanks for the advice. My Manticore arrived this morning and I was able to set the flicker like your saber and Kal-El's. I set my FoC to repeat 5 times at .04s. Pretty cool! Thanks again for the help and congrats again on your B.A. Guardian. Smiley

Proud founder and member of the JTC (Jedi Technician Council)

Lightsabers:
Icons Skywalker Lightsaber #4795/10000
Hasbro Obi-Wan TPM (Signature Series)
Ultra Saber Emerald Manticore (2CH B-G) with Obsidian 3.0

Knightfall
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -10

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2014, 09:10:30 AM »

No problem Spike  Smiley Enjoy the Manticore.

Darth Burgaar
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -68

Dark Side points Please!

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2014, 09:28:10 AM »

Awesome color combination for your Guardian! I hadn't thought of a red/green combination, but it looks sweet!

"The Sith have no Fear and give no Quarter!! If you challenge them? . . then pray the Force is with you!"
My Sabers : Malice, Scorpion & Crimson Scorpion, Archon 2.1, Chosen One CE, Graflex CE (all Emerald) Liberator, 2x Initiate v3.1.

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2014, 09:11:00 PM »

I Didn't realize they made the Guardian in Nickel now! That looks so good!

Looks like Im Going to get another Guardian...

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

Knightfall
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2014, 10:08:00 AM »

I Didn't realize they made the Guardian in Nickel now! That looks so good!

Looks like Im Going to get another Guardian...

Do it, you know you want to  Smiley

Darth Scorpious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -118

Passion, Strength, Power, Victory, The Force

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2014, 02:49:16 AM »

Looks stunning mate just gorgeous I've always looked at the guardian and even though I keep saying I'm getting a malice next that Saber just looks amazing

Scorpion in FO
Malice in BR
Nickel Guardian in GB
Bellicose CG
Prophecy GB

Knightfall
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2014, 11:18:24 AM »

Hi Scorpious, you wouldn't regret it if you did. It really is a bit special. It looks good and it feels good, nice and heavy. As soon as i saw Ultrasabers did the Guardian it was the one i wanted. The only problem is now i've got one i want more and the more i look on here the longer the list gets  Smiley

Darth Scorpious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -118

Passion, Strength, Power, Victory, The Force

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2014, 04:45:47 PM »

Well I took the plunge again this morning and ordered my Malice in BR haven't ordered the emerald driver with it might get that with the next saber. Wink

Scorpion in FO
Malice in BR
Nickel Guardian in GB
Bellicose CG
Prophecy GB

Knightfall
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2014, 10:53:18 AM »

Nice, the Malice looks like a beast of a saber. And could only really be BR in colour  Smiley

Kal-El
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 97

Demon with the face of an Angel

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2014, 12:56:23 PM »

Now I'm just a bit curious...With your av switch set to the 4th channel do you need to have it at 255 as well in order to light up? How's that work because I opted for the unlit av switch to avoid having a light on all the time.

Lightside points if any are given

Knightfall
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2014, 02:07:50 PM »

Hi Kal-El, mine is set to 255 and while i haven't really played with this i did reduce it and it made the AV switch dimmer. I've got a red AV switch so i guess it works the same as the red LED channel that if you reduce the value then if will get dimmer, which should also apply to the other colours. The AV switch is not on all the time, only when the saber is activated. Hope this helps. If i get a chance i'll have a fiddle with it later to see what happens.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2014, 03:10:49 PM »

That's correct as long as you choose the "In line with Channel x" option for the switch (remember that the switch LED colour will NOT be altered - no matter which channel you use for the "in line" connection! It also doesn't change its colour when you set up a specific blade colour.). Unless the value for that specific channel x isn't set to 255, the switch LED will be dimmed according to the setting - the lower the setting, the dimmer the switch LED will be. Only when you dedicate channel x to the switch, it will be at full brightness when the saber is on. But as a disadvantage you will loose that channel x for colour mixing.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Kal-El
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 97

Demon with the face of an Angel

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2014, 03:26:00 PM »

That's correct as long as you choose the "In line with Channel x" option for the switch (remember that the switch LED colour will NOT be altered - no matter which channel you use for the "in line" connection! It also doesn't change its colour when you set up a specific blade colour.). Unless the value for that specific channel x isn't set to 255, the switch LED will be dimmed according to the setting - the lower the setting, the dimmer the switch LED will be. Only when you dedicate channel x to the switch, it will be at full brightness when the saber is on. But as a disadvantage you will loose that channel x for colour mixing.
and that's what I figured,  so it turns the 4 channel into a 3 channel with the 4th channel effectively becoming a dimmer switch...so to speak.

Lightside points if any are given

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2014, 03:37:06 PM »

No, with the switch dedicated to a channel, the switch won't be dimmer. It would just behave like the switches on non-Emerald sabers: full brightness when the saber is on, off when the saber is off.
It only dims when you put the switch LED in line with a channel...for example you chose Ch 4 to be in line with the switch and set the value of Ch 4 to let's say 50. Then the switch will be drastically dimmer than an AV switch that is dedicated to Ch 4 or always on. But you still have all 4 channels available for mixing while the dedicated option connects the channel 4 to the switch only so that you loose it on the main LED and, like you said, end up with an actual 3-channel driver. The switch LED's brightness is still at 100% when dedicated to a channel.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: