Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: think i am missing something i hope  (Read 2496 times)
Gazzman
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« on: February 06, 2014, 07:25:40 PM »

hi me again, and what a surprise after just getting the saber back after it being broken the day i get it, now i cant get it to like my computer XD FML

any help would be great, my computer finds the saber so it connecting, i have the obsidian launcher installed and it works fine, when i open the obsidian launcher, the sound on the saber doesnt turn off and i get this screen which is diffrent from the one i see on emiry harris's walkthorugh video :L

note, the computer is finding it!, it comes up with lightsaber connected and even makes the disconnect tone when i unplug it :L and my computer is windows 7 so it isnt old

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Qdnrd5QmWg

Gazzman
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 07:57:56 PM »

ah just forget it everyone, its been problem after problem, the saber works. il just do with out the sound fonts

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 09:21:49 PM »

Are yoou using the V3 Launcher?

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 09:33:10 PM »

The video indicates that you're using the v2.2.2 of the launcher. I assume your saber (and thus the soundboard) is younger than Feb 2013? That means you must use the v3.1.4 of the launcher, otherwise you can damage your soundboard.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 09:40:42 PM »

Here is the V3 Thread
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=11988.0

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 09:41:38 PM »

Thanks Sky, totally forgot posting the link to the thread ^^

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Gazzman
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2014, 05:31:13 PM »

aw thanks, il give this a try... younger than feb 2013, cant u just say what u mean :L makes life easier man. i only originally bought it like 2 months ago if thats what u mean

Gazzman
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2014, 05:43:40 PM »

thanks guys that's great works fine, might be a good idea to add a little info on the different versions on the paperwork sent out when u receive the saber, would solve/hlep a lot of new dudes like myself to understand what the heck we are doing XD

thanks again

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2014, 05:52:20 PM »

Yeah, that was exactly what I mean xD Sorry for being a bit imprecise Tongue
You can post your suggestion in the Wishlist thread, it's a quite brilliant idea actually...they should do that with the Emerald things as well.

Sig by Master Nero

Gazzman
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2014, 08:54:40 PM »

well i changed the sounds fonts worked great, then did it again.... my saber came out with no sounds even though i had all the fields with sounds in them... and no my saber has no sound at all and when i go to write sounds to the saber i get "Device Configuration Failed"

so i now have a saber with no sound... really no having a good time with this am aye :L, think my sound board is F.uked  a guessin

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2014, 09:48:29 PM »

Have you tried resetting it by taking out the batteries? Also, make sure that the batts are fully charged. Third suggestion would be trying another USB cord...mostly one of these should solve your issue.

Sig by Master Nero

Brian64
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

This is a fertile land, and we will thrive

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2014, 10:01:47 PM »

Gazzman, relax and slow down a bit dude - it sounds like you're rushing into things without taking the time to do any proper research and just expecting things to work.

Just from reading your posts here I get the impression you aren't a big fan of 'reading the manual' properly. You should have posted in the 'post here first' thread (http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=117.0), you should also have taken a little time to notice there was a 3.1.4 version of the launcher. My guess is you didn't take the time to read the threads and watch the videos on the process of how to connect your saber and install sound fonts?

Just take a moment to follow the step-by-steps, and I'm pretty sure you'll have your saber humming in no time.

If Racona's tips above don't help, then next step is to reset your saber to the default obsidian sound fonts, and then go through the process to change the fonts to whatever you like. That's worked in every post I've read so far - though I admit I haven't read them all. Smiley

If you need a hand tracking down any of the info, let us know and you'll get a bunch of links to posts from the members here.

I'd definitely recommend checking Emory's video first though.

Light side points please

Genkaku Sho`shyk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 141

only the force, nothing more, nothing less

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2014, 11:18:15 PM »

i will ask you one thing gazzman... did the saber make funny noises .. and have a smell of burnt plastic at all when this last miss hap happened..??.. if so, you may in deed have a dead board now, witch is possible from incorrectly plunging in your saber...  there is a process to these boards, and it is stated in the videos even the older ones that its best to follow the process to the letter... as i have friend my v2 board almost a year ago...

un tape the battery pack/sound board.. look at the board fr this little spot.. if its burnt or looks unnatural its probably your board man.. and i really hate to be the ones that right here.... cause that sucks

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: