Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Photoghraphing Lightsabers is difficult!  (Read 3844 times)
Kalibos
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 62

One Jedi One Destiny (Ultra Wing Warlord)

« on: July 09, 2011, 09:35:50 PM »

damn photographing these sabers is hard, getting the lighting right is a pain but I think I have sussed it!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 09:42:21 PM by Kalibos » Logged

War Glaive AB, Custom Prophecy RGB, Custom Dark Prophecy RGB, Initiate LE AB, Custom Omen Red
Dark Standard Issue x2 Red, Standard Issue x2 White blades with filters.

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 09:40:05 PM »

how so? you managed to take a good picture of your prophecy. Smiley

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 09:41:33 PM »

I always turn off the flash to help the true color.  What sort of problems did you have?  Cause like Boss said, it looks good!

Kalibos
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 09:45:45 PM »

One of my sidelines is photography (weddings etc) I am a semi proffessional. These were some of the most difficult photos i have taken in ages (most of the day in fact and a lot of trail and error lol!)

Main problem i had was trying to keep the blade colour true to life, with a light as bright as these any colour in the light tends to bleach out ending up with just a white blade. So I used a time delay and messed around with iso settings and the biggest help was using my other prophecy to light the area above or below the saber i was photographing.

EDIT: by Big Boss try not to double post there is a modify button  Wink
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 09:56:47 PM by Big Boss » Logged

War Glaive AB, Custom Prophecy RGB, Custom Dark Prophecy RGB, Initiate LE AB, Custom Omen Red

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 10:01:38 PM »

Good idea, I was wondering how you managed to capture the colors so clearly on camera most of the time i just focus on capturing the hilt and not so much the colors themselves but you did a great job.  Smiley

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 10:10:06 PM »

My apologies!  Those are some great pics and I'm with Big Boss I tend to go for just looking at the hilt.  Otherwise I black the room out but that rarely works.  I'll try the things you mentioned in the future though I don't have the equipment to really make that work.  Cheers again!

Kalibos
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2011, 10:18:30 PM »

Thanks guys, red was the hardest as it nearly always comes out orange, I'm relying more on the red glow that i captured to emphazise the red colour around the emmiter.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: