Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: One day you meet a stingy genie...  (Read 2903 times)
James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« on: March 31, 2014, 08:28:50 PM »

...and they give you three wishes, but there's a catch:

These wishes can't change your life in any meaningful way. You can use your wishes however you want, but they can't get you anything you couldn't get yourself in, say, six months' dedicated work.

So, for example, you can't wish to be the most handsome/beautiful person in the world - you won't be able to move for modelling contracts and the like. Likewise, you can't wish to be the best guitarist in the world, or Axl Rose will try and draft you into the next Guns n Roses lineup - and nobody wants that.

For me, I'd love to be able to whistle really loudly - especially the whole 'fingers in mouth, stop cabs dead in street' type of whistle.

I'd love to be able to draw well - I can copy, but not create, and I just love the idea of being able to draw people and make them recognisable.

Finally, I'd take guitar playing - nothing fancy, just being able to reliably hit barre chords and maybe a little finger picking.

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

The 97th Acolyte
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 93

Member of the Red Jedi Order

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 08:43:36 PM »

This is a good concept... Interesting to see what people come up with. Wink

I'd say...

1) A decent knowledge of musical instruments. Not like, amazing, stage worthy ability. Just basic playing ability.

2) Somebody, somewhere to find a cure for cancer. Self explanatory.

3) The Force to be a real thing. I wouldn't have it or anything, but it would be awesome. Wink

Raven VA - FOC Silver
Shock - FO
Manticore R+B Emerald
Dominix LE v3 - PO
Initiate LE v3 - AS
Liberator v3 Staff - SRD + CG
Dominix v2 Staff - RGB + BR

The Countess - Curved Custom
-
Behind the strangest of pretences can lie the best of things...

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 09:47:57 PM »

...and they give you three wishes, but there's a catch:

These wishes can't change your life in any meaningful way. You can use your wishes however you want, but they can't get you anything you couldn't get yourself in, say, six months' dedicated work.

So, for example, you can't wish to be the most handsome/beautiful person in the world - you won't be able to move for modelling contracts and the like. Likewise, you can't wish to be the best guitarist in the world, or Axl Rose will try and draft you into the next Guns n Roses lineup - and nobody wants that.

For me, I'd love to be able to whistle really loudly - especially the whole 'fingers in mouth, stop cabs dead in street' type of whistle.

I'd love to be able to draw well - I can copy, but not create, and I just love the idea of being able to draw people and make them recognisable.

Finally, I'd take guitar playing - nothing fancy, just being able to reliably hit barre chords and maybe a little finger picking.

Couldn't you do those three things with 6 months of dedicated effort?

Smiley

Three things that are not too life changing, can't learn on my own in short order...interesting as most things of any worth could change my or anyone's life...hmmm.

These are more of a Wi than a Wish lol.

Hmmm...

Changes must be superficial and fairly meaningless in the long run.

1. That I can understand a foreign language enough to watch a movie but not read a book in a language other than one I now speak...it only lasts long enough to complete the movie and as no lasting effects into itself.

2. That my sweat smells like a different decent cologne everyday.

3. That my eye color changes with my mood, diet, and state of health.

If slightly stronger wishes...

1. That I could breathe underwater.

2. That I could fly.

3. That I could cure cancer, by hugging people.

Cheesy

Light side points please Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: