Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Coupler Stuck. What to do?  (Read 1871 times)
knightkhairyn
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 4

« on: May 20, 2014, 11:03:00 PM »

I've had a Phantom Initiate v3 for a few weeks now. I went to take the coupler out and I've found that it's stuck. For the last 20 minutes or so, I've been prying and twisting as hard as I could with only a little progress and a few cuts on my hand to show for it. Suggestions?

Ninja-Jedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 168

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 02:12:37 AM »

which coupler i had problem once, i just took metal rod wrapped tape around stuck threw holes and twisted it off that way, get better leverage plus wont cut hands

knightkhairyn
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 02:24:49 AM »

It's just the standard v3 coupler. And that sounds like it would work. I don't think I have any metal rods around that would fit in the hole though, sadly.

SILVERBACK
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -77

i like dark side points and cookies

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 10:41:53 AM »

Try a screw driver, that's what I had to use for mine. Just be sure to put the screw driver in the hole right up to the handle so you don't bend it.

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 01:31:21 PM »

WD40 or similar sprayed into the join between hilt and coupler should also free things up. I've decided against using my Prophecy in a staff as my couplers always jam in it and I've had to do this a couple of times.

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

knightkhairyn
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 05:28:45 PM »

Thanks, guys. I'll definitely have to try some of these things. For now, all I have to show for 2 hours of pulling and prying is a cut up hand and a broken hex wrench set. I'll keep at it though. If I do get it off, I'll let you guys know! Thanks!

UnfairBanana
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 26

I am a Jedi, like my father before me.

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2014, 02:55:23 AM »

Be sure you use some sort of lubricant on it once you get it unstuck. I had a coupler from the other guys that had the same issue so I avoided using it until I got some for it. Still sticks a little bit, but it's much easier to get it off now.

Walk always towards the Light.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2014, 04:29:21 AM »

Had this happen with the archon neck. A bit of WD40 didn't work and all I managed to do was cut my hand (I sympathise with you, that stuff is nasty)- we applied a cold pack to the coupler and a heat pack to the body of the saber. It let the two lots of metals shrink and expand enough that it unscrewed with a bit more convincing. Course with that we had the advantage of having something we could actually get a hold of.

Before you screw the coupler back on carefully clean both threads to remove any tiny filings or dust of aluminium or the anodising (if it has it) in case it is that jamming in the threads and as the others have said, use some lubricant to prevent it from happening again Smiley

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: