Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15   Go Down
Author Topic: New Saber: Ultrasabers Mantis  (Read 345889 times)
Markus
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 38

« Reply #75 on: July 25, 2014, 02:58:37 PM »

At the next best chance, I'll rob my bank account and buy the hell out of this saber with all the available features. (If that makes sense xD)
The emitter with those many details, the curved main body, the "sleeve" and the silver accents below which imo make it look like the saber has gills or exhaust-vents (sort of) make this saber a must have. Cheesy
One thing I'm missing though in the recharge-port options, is the kill key. ^^"

Catalyst w/sound, RGBA Emerald, silver AV (Always On), w/Kill-Key

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #76 on: July 25, 2014, 03:01:12 PM »

One thing I'm missing though in the recharge-port options, is the kill key. ^^"

I noticed that too.  I think I read a while back that US is not a fan of kill keys so I wonder if they are going to stop offering them?  I could be wrong but I thought I read that somewhere.

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Markus
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 38

« Reply #77 on: July 25, 2014, 03:12:41 PM »

Oh well. ^^"
That makes sense I guess...haven't been on here for a few weeks.

In line with the "always on" option, I thought this would be a nice feature.
With the saber on your belt, have the key tied to the same belt and inserted into your saber...upon "drawing" the saber the key pops out because it's tied to your belt and thus "booting" the saber.

Still, I'll nevertheless add this to my series sometime...for sure. Cheesy

Catalyst w/sound, RGBA Emerald, silver AV (Always On), w/Kill-Key

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #78 on: July 25, 2014, 03:15:32 PM »

Oh well. ^^"
That makes sense I guess...haven't been on here for a few weeks.

In line with the "always on" option, I thought this would be a nice feature.
With the saber on your belt, have the key tied to the same belt and inserted into your saber...upon "drawing" the saber the key pops out because it's tied to your belt and thus "booting" the saber.

Still, I'll nevertheless add this to my series sometime...for sure. Cheesy

That sounds like a very cool idea. 
You could e-mail Emory and see if you could still get a kill key with it. 

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2030

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #79 on: July 25, 2014, 04:10:28 PM »

Yeah the main hilt would be over 20 feet long as a staff. o_o Even without the claws. Would be interesting to see though.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #80 on: July 25, 2014, 06:54:07 PM »

Can't wait to see everyone's first options. I changed mine up but I'm keeping my Mantis a secret. Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

Tol Freeman
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #81 on: July 25, 2014, 07:27:36 PM »

REVIEW

Hello. It looks good and durable. Hope there is no power problems because of the curved hilt, transmission wise. The design is cool. The emitter guard is great, hopefully there will be finger guards you make apart from the triprong emitter guards. It also looks like the weapon can be joined with another Mantis to form a lightsaber that is double-bladed with curved hilts. Thank you.

-Tol Freeman

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #82 on: July 25, 2014, 08:19:04 PM »

I don't think there will be any power problems. We'll see here soon since like 6 or more people already bought the saber. I'll be getting mine soon enough.

LeoninJesterXII
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 40

There is no Light Side, or Dark Side of the force.

« Reply #83 on: July 25, 2014, 08:25:58 PM »

Anybody put two of these into a staff yet?

There is no Light Side, or Dark Side of the force. There is the force. It is what its wielder decides. How a man uses a weapon does not change its nature.

[Also known as Darth Bael.]

Sabers
Aeon LE V3 in AB
Dark Standard Issue with vertical grooves in Bane's Heart [My mate's]

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #84 on: July 25, 2014, 08:31:17 PM »

I'll be getting mine tomorrow!  Only one thought, I would love to see pics of this as a staff if anyone does that.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #85 on: July 25, 2014, 09:27:02 PM »

Molina, I'm actually considering that, with a modification.  If I ever do this, I will bend them both forward and then mount a small blade across the gap inside the curve, probably a modified initiate, and wield it like a bat'leth, a Klingon sword from Star Trek.

That would be about the most awesome cross-over I can think of to take to a Con.   Grin

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #86 on: July 25, 2014, 09:34:31 PM »

Molina, I'm actually considering that, with a modification.  If I ever do this, I will bend them both forward and then mount a small blade across the gap inside the curve, probably a modified initiate, and wield it like a bat'leth, a Klingon sword from Star Trek.

That would be about the most awesome cross-over I can think of to take to a Con.   Grin

That sounds very cool.  I look forward to seeing pics if/when you get it done.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #87 on: July 25, 2014, 09:36:51 PM »

Well, my Guardian will get ordered in the NEXT raffle.  Assuming similar prize packages, the only way this is going to happen in the near future would be if I won one of the top two prizes.
Getting a pair of Mantises with Obsidian AND Emerald would be amazing, though...  Simply amazing... 
*dreams*

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #88 on: July 25, 2014, 09:41:42 PM »

Well, my Guardian will get ordered in the NEXT raffle.  Assuming similar prize packages, the only way this is going to happen in the near future would be if I won one of the top two prizes.
Getting a pair of Mantises with Obsidian AND Emerald would be amazing, though...  Simply amazing... 
*dreams*

That would be amazing.  We can only dream...    and hope.

Greywalker83
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 60

« Reply #89 on: July 26, 2014, 12:51:51 AM »

I'm dreaming right now...

I know Darth Vaders' really got you annoyed, but remember if you kill him then you'll be unemployed.
Sabers I own:
Stunt- Standard issue - SRD
Obsidian- Dark prophecy - FO
Obsidian A+G Emerald- Consular w/ mantis clawed emitter (1st place)
Obsidian- Bellicose - BR
Obsidian- Dark Liberator CG (3rd place)
Obsidian RGBW Emerald- Spectre
Kids'- Initiate v3 - CG / Dark initiate v3 - AB / Initiate LEv4 GB

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: